the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm19
Players: 2 / 24
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › Testing new stats software
Testing new stats software
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TMM
Bananaphone
Bananaphone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

Hi all

I've implemented new stats software, with the hopes of attracting people to RN| servers (some more). Please flame, praise and/or rant below :P

See it here

suggestions are very welcome, and yes... I know I suck ;)

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

freaking nice! love the stats.

can I somehow force a server shutdown if I loose a game I don't want to be added to the tables?

nice work TMM :O)

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

Nice work TMM ... I'm posting atm to suggest escaping the ^n token for colors , but u've already done it ;)

I suggest proved cheaters having their stats reset to zero , so not having satisfaction of beeing there.
GrosBedo
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

Falkland wrote:
I suggest proved cheaters having their stats reset to zero , so not having satisfaction of beeing there.

I suggest to bring proofs that cheating exists first.

Nice stats, TMM ! I particularly like the layout, and the fact that you don't need to reload the page to see each tabs or to reorganize the sorting order. But maybe you should add a refresh button to see the last stats ?

Secondly, I don't see for which server the stats are, you can't mix DM stats with CTF or 1on1, they must be separate.

Thirdly: WOOOOOOO I LOVE AWARDS ! :DD ADD MOREEEEEE

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

GrosBedo wrote:

Are you joking right ?

GrosBedo wrote:

But maybe you should add a refresh button to see the last stats ?

I dont' think that stats are grabbed "live" ... if it is used qstat , the updated stats will appear on the next day , after stopping the server(s) , parsing the log(s) and restarting the server(s).
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

Nice work, TMM! =)

GrosBedo, getting si... well.. whats the point.

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

Falkland wrote:
Are you joking right ?

No. The only single time I saw a real aimbot in OpenArena, was when a friend of the devs ported a Q3 hack. And he used it only for the purpose of demonstration. Still, me and SeWiNa were able to beat it, so even if some exists they are not significant.

All the other times someone yelled to cheat, they were either very wrong, or they just had heard something about something about someone told them... Just see the supeR,Aimbot: many people flaggued it even before seeing what it was. And still, you can see its popularity.

Probably the very same persons shouting "cheats" are the ones downloading this program first.

Falkland wrote:
I dont' think that stats are grabbed "live" ... if it is used qstat , the updated stats will appear on the next day , after stopping the server(s) , parsing the log(s) and restarting the server(s).

You are probably right.

Joki wrote:
GrosBedo, getting si... well.. whats the point.

?

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

GrosBedo wrote:

Probably the very same persons shouting "cheats" are the ones downloading this program first.

Probably ... but many others have already their fully funcional haxes .. so why dowloading an unknown tool ?

Most of these tools are for windows client , so don't ask to me which they are. Most wanted tool is not a vm hack or a custom dll , but an external program that attaches itself to the engine directly in shared memory and adds extra gaming functions and aiming trough modification to server commands received and sent from and to the server.

Who uses it , usually has simple life ... just go on spec ,double click , and reenter the game ... now they seem to become smarter and go out , double click and reenter game .

The effect of that tool appears as a stronger skill versus the opponents ( like it acts to modify q3 physics in relativistic way instead of linear/temporal way )

BTW , I've posted some demos here

I cannot repost the exact links ,'cause I was warned by RN to not reopen this annoying ( fro them ) topic.

Last edited by Falkland on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrosBedo
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

Falkland wrote:
Probably ... but many others have already their fully funcional haxes .. so why dowloading an unknown tool ?

Flaggued it without knowing what it is...

Anyway as I said, what's the matter if you can beat them ? It's just like bots at Nightmare, if you can beat them you can beat aimbot and wallhack. BTW you don't have to go spec to activate them.

Anyway it seems we are derivating from the original subject (sorry folks).

Great work TMM :harr:

0xdan
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

Very nice tool TMM, clean and rather funny regarding awards :)
would it be possible to access the code?

TMM
Bananaphone
Bananaphone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

sure, code is sitting in my SVN repository. I'ts not verry pretty, especially the query.py is getting a complete rewrite now to make it more modular. Right now it's very difficult to add significant new features

svn co home.tmm.cx/repo/q3stats

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

thanks a lot!
ps: just for infos, the full command to get a copy is (without autoformating)
Code::
svn co https://home.tmm.cx/repo/q3stats

TMM
Bananaphone
Bananaphone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

GrosBedo wrote:
Falkland wrote:

Nice stats, TMM ! I particularly like the layout, and the fact that you don't need to reload the page to see each tabs or to reorganize the sorting order. But maybe you should add a refresh button to see the last stats ?

Secondly, I don't see for which server the stats are, you can't mix DM stats with CTF or 1on1, they must be separate.

Thirdly: WOOOOOOO I LOVE AWARDS ! :DD ADD MOREEEEEE

This is just a testsite with the logs of vanilla-DM of a couple of days aggregated. it's not the final product, there will be different links for
All servers, just ctf, just dm and a subtabthingy to select specific servers

as for the awarsds, while that was strictly speaking 'feedback' I'd love some suggestions about what awards to add! :)

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

TMM wrote:
as for the awarsds, while that was strictly speaking 'feedback' I'd love some suggestions about what awards to add! :)

I don't know what informations you have access to. Can I download a sample of a log somewhere ?

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing new stats software Reply with quote

GrosBedo wrote:
TMM wrote:

I don't know what informations you have access to. Can I download a sample of a log somewhere ?

It seems to me that the games.log file doesn't store any information about excellent, impressive, accuracy ... awards ... dunno if there's a way to store them for every player ...

I mean ... in a multiplayer environment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: