my sister bought a Dell Studio 17 Notebook
3 months ago. Nearly from the beginning she had problems with it:
- Random system freezes, for instance when she tries to save her diploma-work in .doc format, the screen turns completely white and freezes
- Nero Burning Software was missing
After 3 months of tons of e-mail with the support, they only sent her like 5 different diagnosis-hardware-tests, that she should run on her system. The support now told her, the mainboard seems to be damaged, yet they instead of exchanging it, they keep sending her new diagnosis-tests. She needs it to write her diploma-work because she dont wanna use her bfs notebook all the time, yet dell refuses to grant her a replacement-gadget during the repair-time. (Imo if the notebook-mainboard is damaged, in practice you dont repair it, you just replace it)
- Is she really obliged to run a 6th diagnosis-test after she wrote tons of email to the support and have listen to outrageous replies?
- Isn't she rightfully entitled for a replacement gadget during the repair time? (the support told her it will take 4 weeks to repair it and she was advised to transact an additional on-site insurance for the gadget for an aditional 180,-€ and the will not receive a replacement notebook! The german customer protection center, which she asked, told her because of that serious flaw, she is even entitled to a brand-new notebook)
- She also wants a printed manual to the device, but the customer care told her because of environmentalism they dont ship their products with manuals anymore. Is she entitled for one?