the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: jaxdm8
Players: 2 / 24
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0
Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

idtech3patches.y7.ath.cx

I made this for my personal use.

But now I wrote some scripts and made it slightly more user friendly.

Right now it works for Linux only.

If you compile the included sourcecode you'll end up with a 1.32b based Linux client that has all necessary changes for OA and (disabled by default) Quake Live mouse acceleration. Changes like sv_dlUrl are still missing.

Binaries for OA and Q3A are included. Both with Quake Live mouse acceleration (disabled by default).

I might keep it updated in future.
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

For now , i'm only trying to compile ;)

Only one thing : using -O6 flag with gcc actually does not produce any other adavntage than using -O3 , 'cause the max optimization level is -O3

www.gentoo.org/doc/en/...zation.xml

Are u using another compiler ?
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

I'm having some problems compiling this.

It first gave me some error about not finding the target for "ahoptim.c", which seems to be something related to antialiasing fonts, so I removed it from the Makefile.

But now it complains about:

Code::
releasei386-glibc/client/linux_glimp.o: In function `GLimp_Init':
linux_glimp.c:(.text+0x2475): undefined reference to `InitSig'
linux_glimp.c:(.text+0x2886): undefined reference to `InitSig'
linux_glimp.c:(.text+0x2a8f): undefined reference to `InitSig'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [releasei386-glibc/linuxquake3] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jcarlos/software/games/quake3-1.32b+fixes1+changes1-source/src/quake3-1.32b/code/unix'
make[1]: *** [build_release] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jcarlos/software/games/quake3-1.32b+fixes1+changes1-source/src/quake3-1.32b/code/unix'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I think that linux_glimp thing is touched by the unix_newline.patch, but I don't know what it does or whether it's the cause of trouble...

Any ideas?

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:
I'm having some problems compiling this.

that's exactly the error that the contained patch fixes... something must have went wrong applying it automatically before the build..

make sure the patch package is installed in your distro and enter "make clean && make all"... the binary is in quake3-1.32b/code/unix/releasei386-glibc/ afterwards...

the whole build process ("make all") is

1) unzip the GPL release
2) apply fixes (fixes the above compile error)
3) apply changes
4) compile

somehow it left out step 2) when you tried it...

Last edited by jackthompson on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

Falkland wrote:
For now , i'm only trying to compile ;)

Only one thing : using -O6 flag with gcc actually does not produce any other adavntage than using -O3 , 'cause the max optimization level is -O3

www.gentoo.org/doc/en/...zation.xml

Are u using another compiler ?

-O6 was in the original Makefile... i haven't changed that yet... :)
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

Bah, it works now. I had changed the Makefile (Timo's, not yours) to build for pentium-m and it apparently it doesn't like that. Whenever I make a change there it spits the same error.

Tried the binary but not extensively. I get the invisible player model thing with it. I have to experiment with the new mouse thing.

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

Mmm ... It doesn't work in my Q3 installation :

- here's the procedure I've followed :

1. I've succesfully compiled the binaries with CFLAGS= "-DNDEBUG -pipe -O3 -march=native -mtune=native -maccumulate-outgoing-args -mno-push-args -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -falign-loops=4 -falign-jumps=4 -fstrength-reduce -fforce-addr -falign-functions=4 -fprefetch-loop-arrays -fstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-strict-aliasing" and gcc-4.2

2. I've created a new folder ( quake3arena-1.32b )
3. I've copied binaries into it and after creating baseq3 and missionpack subfolders, I've copied also vm shared libraries
4. in baseq3 and missionpack folders , I've created the symlinks to the original baseq3 pak(0-8).pk3 and missionpack pak(0-3).pk3 respectively
5. I've started client binary forcing the load of shared libreries instead of qvm (+set vm_ui "0" +set vm_game "0" +set vm_cgame "0")

I was able to see the splash screen ( Id Logo ) , but the Quake III Arena logo and the menu entries were not visible even if I could hear menu entries highlighting sounds.

I've temporary gave up ( I have to try loading ioquake3 shared libraries first and also original q3 vm )

After applying the OA-0.8.0 patch , which is not selected by default in the apply_changes.sh script , I've succefully compiled them with the same CFLAGS

I've copied the binary linuxquake3 in OA-0.8.0 folder and started the game with the same options (+set vm_ui "0" +set vm_game "0" +set vm_cgame "0") , but forcing now the use of the original ioquake3+oa vm shared libraries.

It works in single player :)

For my point of view , latest ioquake3 mouse input is better than 1.32b one , but there's at least another problem : the sounds depth.

It is not accurate and often I've been confused while playing of enemy beeing close to me ... but it was not so close

It also shows Protocol 68 ( but maybe it's not strictly related to linuxquake3 binary ) and it cannot browse any server ( it loads servers list , but it doesn't show any of them) .

But if I connect to a specific Oa-0.8.0 server from console ( /connect <server-ip>:<port> ) it works :) ( tried on RNTourney2 /FFA and Tuxfamily )

Last edited by Falkland on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
walk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

Stupid question, but did you go through the shell scripts? (apply-patch.sh, apply-fixes.sh)

Also, SDL and OpenAL don't match.
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

walk wrote:
Stupid question, but did you go through the shell scripts? (apply-patch.sh, apply-fixes.sh)

Yes , of course , but OA changes are not included by default in the script apply_changes.sh

Quote::
Also, SDL and OpenAL don't match.

I dont' know q3 1.32b code at all and i didn't inspect it yet , but it seems to me that q3 1.32b completely lacks SDL/openAL support :/

there's a cvar (snddevice "/dev/dsp") that makes me thinking so :/
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

nope.. 1.32b does not use SDL or openAL...

but the in-game browser and such works fine here... and the OA patch does include all changes necessary for 0.8.0 (also the protocol)...

the OA patch might be, accidently, be disabled in apply_changes.sh because i compiled the Q3A client after the OA one...
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

jackthompson wrote:

but the in-game browser and such works fine here... and the OA patch does include all changes necessary for 0.8.0 (also the protocol)...

Ok ... I've found : it shows protocol 68 'cause I've marked q3config.cfg as readonly ( shared trough the different versions of OA : it never happened before , 'cause every client - from 0.7.1 to 0.8.0 - override protocol value with its own ) ; the linuxquake3 client reads "protocol 68" from config and can't parse servers, but it connects without problems to a specified server.

Now linuxclient3 correctly browses servers , in both ways : passing "+set protocol 70" to command line and modifing the protocol cvar in q3config.cfg ... :)

Quote::
the OA patch might be, accidently, be disabled in apply_changes.sh because i compiled the Q3A client after the OA one...

For me opening apply_changes.sh and removing a "#" is not a problem :)
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

:)

so.... if someone got a windows client out of this.. i'd like to know... :)
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

The following patch should be added to the engine :

Code::
Index: code/client/cl_parse.c
===================================================================
--- code/client/cl_parse.c	(revision 6)
+++ code/client/cl_parse.c	(revision 42)
@@ -255,6 +255,16 @@

// read areamask
 	len = MSG_ReadByte( msg );
+	// Cgg - ioquake3 rev 796
+	// Fix remotely exploitable parse download overflow reported by Luigi Auriemma.
+	// See http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2006-June/046578.html
+	// for the advisory.
+	if(len > sizeof(newSnap.areamask))
+	{
+		Com_Error (ERR_DROP,"CL_ParseSnapshot: Invalid size %d for areamask.", len);
+		return;
+	}
+	// !Cgg

MSG_ReadData( msg, &newSnap.areamask, len);
  	// read playerinfo
@@ -475,6 +485,17 @@
 	unsigned char data[MAX_MSGLEN];
 	int block;

+	// Fix remotely exploitable parse download overflow reported by Luigi Auriemma.
+	// See http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2006-June/046578.html
+	// for the advisory.
+	if (!*clc.downloadTempName) {
+		Com_Printf("Server sending download, but no download was requested\n");
+		CL_AddReliableCommand( "stopdl" );
+		return;
+	}
+	// !Cgg
+

// read the data
 	block = MSG_ReadShort ( msg );

@@ -493,8 +514,17 @@
 	}

size = MSG_ReadShort ( msg );
-	if (size > 0)
-		MSG_ReadData( msg, data, size );
+	// for the advisory.
+	if (size < 0 || size > sizeof(data))
+	{
+		Com_Error(ERR_DROP, "CL_ParseDownload: Invalid size %d for download chunk.", size);
+		return;
+	}
+	MSG_ReadData(msg, data, size);	
+	// !Cgg 

if (clc.downloadBlock != block) {
 		Com_DPrintf( "CL_ParseDownload: Expected block %d, got %d\n", clc.downloadBlock, block);
@@ -504,11 +534,17 @@
 	// open the file if not opened yet
 	if (!clc.download)
 	{
+		// Cgg - ioquake3 rev 796
+		// Fix remotely exploitable parse download overflow reported by Luigi Auriemma.
+		// See http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2006-June/046578.html
+		// for the advisory.
+	/*
 		if (!*clc.downloadTempName) {
 			Com_Printf("Server sending download, but no download was requested\n");
 			CL_AddReliableCommand( "stopdl" );
 			return;
-		}
+		}*/
+		// !Cgg

clc.download = FS_SV_FOpenFileWrite( clc.downloadTempName );
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

Aarrrrgh ... jack ... read this
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Quake3 1.32b based OA 0.8.0 Reply with quote

same problem... ye.. but that code of 1.32b might have even more bugs than that one..
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: