the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: ztn3dm1
Players: 2 / 24
The golden pot › DEV › Maps, Models and Mods › w1z-dm2
w1z-dm2
There are worlds waiting to be explored and objects to be made. Enjoy.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMaps, Models and Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: w1z-dm2 Reply with quote

There are however some smaller details that needs to be corrected but for the moment I lost motivation working on it ...maybe it's better for me to try to re-make Anyone's DM3 and DM5 instead, to make them look less like the Q1 originals.

To make them in one texture only and add arches (curves), grenades from the floor and a few BFG's

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: w1z-dm2 Reply with quote

Quote::
maybe it's better for me to try to re-make Anyone's DM3 and DM5 instead, to make them look less like the Q1 originals.

Lol, man...now you confuse me. So you take the pains of installing GtKradiant to retexture that other one map to make it look like the original one and now you want to modify some already good looking ones to make them different?!

"Come in, ladies and gents, witness the dard depths of a human mind twisted by years of playing obnoxious violent games designed to alienate and destroy the moral values and rational thinking of our youngsters"

W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: w1z-dm2 Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:
Quote::
maybe it's better for me to try to re-make Anyone's DM3 and DM5 instead, to make them look less like the Q1 originals.

Lol, man...now you confuse me. So you take the pains of installing GtKradiant to retexture that other one map to make it look like the original one and now you want to modify some already good looking ones to make them different?!

"Come in, ladies and gents, witness the dard depths of a human mind twisted by years of playing obnoxious violent games designed to alienate and destroy the moral values and rational thinking of our youngsters"
I posted the new version of DM2 on the Open Arena forums and the response was that people will not like it because it looks too much like the original.

I guess that doesn't apply to Anyone's Dm3 and Dm5, but only to my version. That's the reason why I thought about making them 'not-like' the originals' so it would satisfy the players of Open Arena , because they know what the players want; it's better that way then...

However, the feedback I've had from actual players and people who played the q1dm2 map, is that they liked it, even though it looks like the original :(

To make Open Arena users happy I decided to re-make Romero's DM2 and release 'notdm2', it can be found on rn|testcenter and it doesn't look like the original, it uses simple textures with visibility, so that should suit just fine. Source is in the .pk3.

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: w1z-dm2 Reply with quote

That "not" map is a good joke, point for you!

Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: w1z-dm2 Reply with quote

SnooSnoo wrote:
That "not" map is a good joke, point for you!
Joke?

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: w1z-dm2 Reply with quote

Well, its not dm2 so it fits into the description and it makes my eyes bleed...

Location: The Top Secret Underground Hideout of the Sinister-7 !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: w1z-dm2 Reply with quote

W1ZrD wrote:
... re-make Anyone's DM3 and DM5 instead, to make them look less like the Q1 originals. To make them in one texture ...
I wouldn't touch Abandonned Base if I was you: that's a bitch to compile bots navigation ^^

Anyway, those maps should be remade from scratch in my opinion. If I had time, I would have made them from an empty space. Meanwhile, those maps haven't been created with shader and patches in mind, that's why it's never going to look "up-to-date" (neither mine or any other). It's like using Wolfenstein 3D maps on Doom engine or Doom levels in Quake. That's not the same technology, never expect anything fancy.

As for OA, the project itself looks uncertain to me. I doubt they have a master plan or a clear idea of what they want.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Maps, Models and Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: