the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: jaxdm8
Players: 2 / 24
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Tech & Support › RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged
RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged
Something wrong with our servers or your system?
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTech & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

Does anyone recognize a difference?

Positive? Negative? Suggestions?
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

haven't been there yet but I'd say already now it's an improvment..

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
Derity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

seems to work so far, but i am used to low pings and i hate these suckers
who dont have a right config...
it changes aim for me... i need to get used to those fuckin laggers.. their movement is not shown fluently so have to aim directly on the frame i see
and not in the expected movement direction... its a bit weird for me

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

:) im waiting for a victim to try it out.

It might be time to get rid of the reflection shot, I think that will improve aim slightly too. I kind of like the slug thing when you had to lead your shots because it seems harder to hit people when theres a bunch of them. I figured out how to play properly after watching Derity and realised you have to be more patient with timing.. I'll wait until I play a few people I know before I comment on the delag. If I can beat both Derity and the Dr I'll be posting a screenshot :)

Thanks Jack.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

good news, will check it soon. :harr:

watch out for me on top of the list servers.sytes.net/servers/ ;P

Derity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

chiq first beat dr... :) but thanks for the flowers :D
btw: it was quite easy to time because i knewed that i had about 50 ms time to shoot before i risked to get shot... ;)
most of the players there didnt consider their ping while aiming...

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

still hard to hit the lagging 250+ ping people but great fun ;)

I don't recognize much difference, as my ping was around 50 on the server anyway. But it seems like other people don't know how to aim on unlagged servers. I got a higher accuracy and people don't kill me as often as before. maybe in 1-2 weeks people will be used to the unlagged aiming and start seriously killing me again =)

kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

Quote::
...I hate these suckers who dont have a right config...I need to get used to those fuckin laggers...

Ahhh...man. Now that I have experienced what life is from hell I am rather sensible to comments like these.

Do you know what does it feel like to be fragged once and again while reading "connection interrupted"? Have you ever felt the pain of those who cant raise their arms while suffering? Have you thought about the humiliation imposed on those "fuckin laggers" every time they play? Nah, you haven t, and you are not to blame, this horrible, selfish and cruel society we have build is.

How many insults are we still to hear? How many "you are laggy, dude, piss off" every time we join a game? How many more, HOW MANY?!

But I am sure I am not only speaking for myself when I say out loud to all you unconsiderate, disgusting, abominable mass of low ping posh fraggers:

Code::
F U C K    O O O O F F ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Derity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

sry for my rude language.
but i just hate it when some players are just "blinking" over the map
because you cant predict where they land etc
i can not imagine that being crushed even by low ping newbies is fun to play...

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

Hey, man, I'm kidding :D

Although yes, it pisses me off lagging.

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

ye... that mod unlags only the instant-hit weapons by time shifting them and syncing the frames-counts of the clients with the frames-count of the server...

movers (player figures) are not unlagged with this (very small) mod...

i have the code for unlagged-2.10 (which is available freely at the alternatefire site) and i'm about to make it compile again.. it can unlag everything and has even a cvar to disable it client-wise.. so everyone should be happy...

Last edited by jackthompson on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

<3 *2

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

unlagged-2.10 is definately the best one. :)

I only know direct hit delags from a mod called xonexfer. It feels like 0 ping but i think there maybe issues where its only really effective if people use 60+ fps. It's nice though.

If the one Jack is installing is like the noghost version and theres several options then 2.10 is normally what i set as default. Players dont realise they have the option so this forces it and people can still choose other types.

One thing to note, is to try them especially on maps you jump around on. You might find your aim is nicer but also note your movement. Later versions affects my movment by a notable difference.

I dont think 2.10 is a direct hit scan type of delag. It's kind of in between them both as sometimes you have to lead your shot a little on fast players.
Fragzilla
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

Well, I don't want to ruin any celebration, you know I luv u jack, and that I luv to frag u in the DM servers :grin: , and taht I appreciate your work on the servers. But, the thing is that I find the unnlagged rail game, or the server a bit weird now.

I subscribe all that Derity says in his posts about the blinking, lags etc...

For me, is not a problem at all to frag a guy that has 20 ping or less (I have around 50 ping). But to frag those with more than 65 ping, more or less, can become really a nightmare.
Above all, those players with 80, 90, 120 ping or more. I have problems to frag them because systematically I do not know where they are (blinking etc).

And what is worst, It seems that players with 120 or 150 ping don't have too much problem in fragging me. And I can not avoid it, because when I am fighting with a player of 120 ping, I see him only half of the time.

For instance I see a player with high ping, and he/she or it, is obviously not aiming to me well, so I can not be fragged. And the next thing I see is... nothing, because I have already been fragged.

God only knows where are the frames in which he moves to aim me, he does it well, and shoot at me... :/

Can it be because of my settings? Is a problem of the server? or is simply that the new unlagged code is like that?
Whatever it is, I have to say that I do not feel comfortable at all playing like that.

Is there any special settings I should use? or what are the most advisable settings to use in the rail unlagged server? I would like to diminish, at least, if not eliminate, this effect, that most of the time does not let me play.

Cheers,

Fr@gZill@

GIUSTIZIA MOSSE IL MIO ALTO FATTORE:
FECEMI LA DIVINA POTESTATE,
LA SOMMA SAPIENZA E ‘L PRIMO AMORE.
DINANZI A ME NON FUR COSE CREATE
SE NON ETERNE, E IO ETERNA DURO.
LASCIATE OGNI SPERANZA, VOI CH’ENTRATE.
(Inferno, Canto III, vv. 1-9)
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: RN|CORKSCREW is unlagged Reply with quote

this unlagged patch unlags ONLY(!) the instant-hit weapons... not the movement of enemies or anything else... so players with high pings are still blinking with this...

Here some info from the website where I got that code from:
[...]An Unlagged server keeps track of 1/2 second of player position information. When an instant-hit shot is fired, every player but the attacking player is backward reconciled (or "time shifted" as I like to call it) to the positions they were in when it happened on the firing client. After the hit test, they're moved back to where they should be. The net effect is that, for the duration of the hit test, every player is pretty much where the attacking player saw them when he pulled the trigger.[...]

I'll add a new cvar to disable (or enable?) the unlag code client-wise

...or go for unlagged 2.0 which will unlag also the movement and which can be disabled too...

or so...

It will be "CorkScrew version 2.16ul2" then... and so on...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Tech & Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: