the Rainbow Networks
RN|VQ3 DEFRAG
Map: si
Players: 0 / 18

+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm16
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Tech & Support › los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey
los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey
Something wrong with our servers or your system?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTech & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

for 4 or 5 days now my interwebs connection is fucked:

1) when i play online i have my usual ping 10, and then every 2 mins or so ping goes up to 500 or so and stays this way for 20 seconds, then returns to normal.

2) sometimes only a very few ports (21, 80, 6667, some high teamspeak ports) are working, while all ports like 27960-27990 won't work anymore until i restart the router.

the trace route shows the delay between hop 1 and 2.

router hardware defect?

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

A guy from my ISP just called me back after i called there yesterday. They measured physical things like decay and stuff and the connection is in an excellent state.

Yet these things are happening for a few days now:
fine for a few minutes, laaaaag for half a minute, fine again....
Then only port 80 is working anymore.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

1. use another computer (laptop)

1.a if same problems - its the router/neigbours/frozen cable
1.b if no problems - its your comp

2. on your computer

2.a try different router/modem test all your los cabelos
2.b try using a live-CD (ubuntu / knoppix / ...) if the i-net problems are still there, its your hardware. if they are gone, its your settings/drivers/software

3. save your money

3.a maybe your online banking money is in danger
3.b send all your money to me, i will have an eye (and all my fingers) on it

4. wait for jockes and snoos replies

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

aahhhh!! All they did, when i called and asked them to measure my connection, was disabling fastpath the next day, which i waited for months to get -____-; Are they doing these things only to piss off their customers?
These goddamn useless fuckers! Bye Tcom, helloooo Alice, baby.

Furver Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

Lawyer up, delete from Facebook and hit the gym!

Or at least try connecting directly to the modem using different computers, perhaps even connecting via USB if it has that and do some more testing.

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

Ah yes, try without the router, good suggestion. Sometimes the obvious things to try, are the ones you over-see. In germany there is a pro-verb: "I can't see the forrest, because of all these trees!"

@fastpath:
Lol, my isp doesn't offer fastpath (deactivated interleaving, which will increase your ping from 10 to 60) anymore. I still had it activated for the last 6 years, and when i asked on friday for them to measure my connection they turned it off and they refuse to turn it on again. Kinda funny, if you ask for service you get punished. :)

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

Big update and a warning, if you moved recently to germany and thinking about chosing and ISP. Warning: much text ahead.

Telekom offer:
6656/640 kbit, no fastpath after you ask them: WTF?, 44,90€ per month, contract at least 2 years, then
will automatically continue for another year, if not dismissed within 3 months++ before end of contract, possibly contract for "life-time".

Alice offer:
16000/800 kbit, fastpath, 6 months 14,90€ then 24,90€ per month, contract dismissable within 4 weeks.

around 20th may 2010: Sent notice of termination for my phone/web contract to my ISP

27th may 2010: response: "Notice received 24th may 2010: Your notice of termination
did not arrive within time limit (23th august 2010) to dismiss the contract this year.
Your contract will be extended by 1 year and can be dismissed to 23th August 2011."

29th may 2010 ~7:40 (Sunday!): Phone rings. Am employee of my ISP:
"You have been our customer for a long time, do you want to upgrade your contract
to a higher bandwidth?" Wow.

<about 4 or 5 calls on saturday and sunday between 7:30 and 8:15 during the next year>

19th may 2011: Sent notice of termination for my phone/web contract to my ISP

30th may 2011: response: "Notice received on 24th may 2011: Your contract is marked
for termination to 23th of August 2011."

29th may 2011 (Saturday), ~7:50: A man bellows (seriously!) into my phone:
"So, you wanna dismiss our long year contract? Are you sure???
Are you aware, that your new ISP only delivers a VoIP phone connection??"
And then... i will never forget that: He starts LAUGHING about my stupid decision.
This is NO joke! I am dismissing a contract with the biggest ISP in germany.

14th June 2011, early morning (This is a tuesday, not a sunday :): Phone call:
"So, you decided to dismiss your contract with us to the 27th june 2012 (Seriously:
Are they making these dates up????), are you sure?" - "No, i sent a note of termination
and hold here in my very hands at this very second an approval that my termination note
was received and will take effect to the 23th of august 2011!" IMMEDIALTLY: "Oh,
sorry we had our database moved to a new place, i was looking at the wrong table. Bye."
Again: I DID NOT MAKE THIS UP, THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENED!!

End of July 2011: Phone call to my new ISP to create new contract to 24th August 2011 and
taking my old phone number with me.

16th august 2011: Received 2 letters:
One from my old ISP Telekom, this one has to be opened first!
Bill for taking my old phone number to my new isp, letter: "Your contract is marked for
termination to the date of the actual activation of your new ISP."
Contains no date. Hmm.
Another letter from my new ISP:
"Your old ISP has informed us, that your old Telekom-connection can only be moved to us
on 04. March 2013. You will received a letter of notice at least 1 week before that day."
So my old ISP stated, the order from my new ISP of termination note and taking my phone
number with me was not received within 3 months-time limit. Therefore they took the freedom,
to ignore my previous dismiss note and have enlenghtend my contract to 2013!

Phone call to my old ISP:
"Well, yea, now you only have the choice to either stay with us another year (The letter
said 2 years!) or order your new ISP to terminate their termination of your contract,
so your FIRST termination from May will be accepted again or to not take your old phone
number with you." -"NOT TAKE MY OLD PHONE NUMBER!!!" -"Call your new ISP and get them to
terminate your termination with us then. Good luck."

Phone call to my new ISP:
"This order is closed already and can not be cancelled anymore. Ask your old ISP."

Phone call to my old ISP:
The _second_ i called, i heard i had someone actual competent on the line. After being a
telekom customer i've learnt to know the distinguishing. She assured me, that they must
have "overlooked" my old note of termination, and she will take care of it.

I have faith.

------------------> 23th August 2011: NO MORE TELEKOM (hopefully)! <------------------

To be continued... ?

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

Wow, just, wow. Im sure glad a new law was passed here and a user can terminate his contracts whenever he wants now, without waiting years or paying the old provider to change to a new one.

Stuff like that cant realy be tollerated. You should find more victims and organise yourselfs and bully the telecom back.

Good luck!

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

:eek:

maybe the GEZ now rents their most effektive agents to telephone companies ...

hope it all goes well for you, joki

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

19.08.2011: Phone call to my old ISP Telekom, 8.30, i am talking to Annette Müller:
"Contract to my new ISP can be started from 25.08.2011. We will inform them by Fax
immedialty. Please give until start of next week, to make sure."

23.08.2011, 11:50: Phone call to my new ISP Alice:
"Yes, we have received a fax. It states, the new contract will start from 22.11.2011."
- "No, 25.08.2011, not 22.11.2011!" -"It says 22.11.2011 right here, maybe your old
ISP sent us the wrong date."
12:00: Phone call to my old ISP Telekom: After explaning everything to the employee:
"I see. There must have been some kind of understanding. Whats your new ISP?"
-"Alice." -"Hold the line, i will take care of it immedialty." ... minutes pass ...
(Damnit, i am calling from my cell during my lunch break from work!)
Suddenly i am being redirected. Schwäbisch:"Yes?" -"Err... yes?" -"Ummm.... yes?
How can i help you?" -"Ummm... i didnt call you. I have been redirected. Where am i now?"
"At the customer center." ... After explaning everything: "Well thecollegue might
have pressed the wrong button to accidently redirect you. There is nothing, you
can do. That is just bad luck." (I quote again: "That is just bad luck."!!!)
For today i am pissed and too frustrated trying to call them.

24.08.2011, I received another letter from my old ISP dated 19.08.2011:
"Thank you very much for your letter. Please exuse us for taking that long to answer
your request. You have informed us, that you like to want to terminate our contract
with us. We are very sorry to hear that. After looking up our contract data, we saw
that you have already signed up with another ISP. Your new ISP has already requested
a contract to port your old land line. Your old contract with us will end to the
25.08.2011 and will be continued with your new ISP from that date. Therefore we can not
consider your termination of contract anymore. Transparence is important us --
please don't hesitate if you have any question. We would love to help you! Informations
to our current products offers are available at any time at www.telekom.de or in
our shop near you."

25.08.2011, 8:00, Day 1: Yawrn, got to check my mails. Oh, interwebs is dead. Phone is dead,
too. So my old isp has disabled my connection already. I didn't even get the hardware from my
new isp thou.
Phone call to my new isp from my cell phone, my landline is dead now:
"Well, it still states 22.11.2011 here. Thats the most updated information we have. Before
we have not received a written acknowledgement, that we may use the line we can't by law."
Phone call ot my old isp. Unfortunately, this lenghtens the "To reach our direct shop,
press 1. To reach our mobile phone department, press 2. If you are a private customer,
requesting support concerning your bill, press 3...." - block at the beginning of each call
by a "Please state the full name of your landline number" - block to a robot which refuses
to understand.
My old isp: "yes, our contract ended yesterday. We have disabled your line this night.
Yes, we have confirmed the new date 25.08.2011 to your new ISP by fax FIVE times!"
She takes place 2/14 of the most unfriendly customer support ppl i have been talking to
during the last weeks.
Phone call to my old isp: "We have not received another fax." -"Well, i have been requesting
yet another one on monday, 2 days ago." -"Hmm... well, give it a while.... maybe till next
monday." -"Wait, are you suggesting, it takes 1 week for you to receive a fax???"
-"Well, we dont have much employees here." -"I am starting to think that either your, or my
old isp has a big interest in me, not moving to this new contract. Either its my old isp,
hoping that i will eventually give up and come back to them, or its you, for maybe having
the lines, but the full infrastructure in my area yet to actually deliver a service."
-"Why would we wanna do that? You aren't our customer yet."
So thats it. End of the line. I am O-F-F-L-I-N-E.
Nothing left to do. Except grabbing a pack of beer and driving to a local lake during these
hot summer days :O

29.08.2011, 19:00, Day 5: 5 days without internet. I have grown a custom to drink a lot more,
to make up for the lack of internets. IT SLOWLY TURNS PEOPLE INTO ALCOHOLICS!!!! I HAVE PROOF!!
Once more, i call my new ISP. Once more, i ask, if they have received a fax from my old ISP,
who told me, they have sent 5 so far. She informs me, she has not received one, confirming my
new date, allowing them to take over the phone line, so by german law they are not allowed to
do so. However, after i ask again, she notices a note, stating they did receive a fax from my
old ISP on 23.08.2011, stating that they my old contract did end to 23.11.2011, but they are
NOT allowing my old ISP to use the land line!!! So basically, they are stating:
"It is our phone line, if he is not signing a contract with US anymore, he won't have ANY
phone line at all!!". They are violating german telecommuncation and monopole law by doing so!

I told the customer support of my old ISP what is happening, and that i have 2 letters here already
from my old ISP confirming the 25.08.2011. She asked me to fax everything over and try to
"do what she can."

I want a lawyer.

30.08.2011, 17:10, Day 6: I mailed my 2 letters from my old ISP confirming the contract ended
to 25.08.2011 to my new ISP via fax from a copyshop. A fax is actually not that hard to use
(I still had to ask someone, to explain me, how to use this gadget thou). It is like using E-Mail,
except it sends stuff written on actual paper to other people. Oh yea, and only black and white text,
and no images or anything else than written text. And it goes bzzzzzzz, while it is being sent.

31.08.2011, 13:45: Day 6: I am offline for 1 week now, and i am actually in my university with
my notebook right now. (It's semester holidays :)) Can't find a place to do online banking, thou.
Internet café is not safe, wireless @ uni is not safe, and don't want to do it from work either.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

oh my .. maybe you shold get a laywer.

if you add up all your mobile phone, fax and time expenses you had until now .. sheesh .

good luck :/

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

Also, get a data plan for your cellphone. Im lucky to have my buiseness cell have 3GB monthly (free for me). Edge is not very fast, but at least I didnt drink as much when I needed webz. :)

Good luck!

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

meh .. it never changes

There was no net for half a day and they had repair people repairing the interwebz.
I'm back online, but still with such a packetloss, the pingtest.net site is "unable to test" .. :argh:

(whining about it in online forums helps, thou ;P )

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: los problemos de interwebs connnectivititoicey Reply with quote

If you are not currently in the USA, on the streets with your mobile corndog selling mobile, i suggest using this european alternative.

euroThing powered by computerBILD! :D

Your problems de interwebs connnectivititoicey will appear less severe, thus hopefully comforting your temper.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Tech & Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: