the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: ztn3dm2
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › Completely useless posts, please ignore.
Completely useless posts, please ignore.
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

uk.eurosport.yahoo.com...icle/8698/

:(

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

Latest headline BBC news

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/en...317767.stm

GTFO vuvuzela !

BBC receives 545 vuvuzela complaints over World Cup

The BBC has received 545 complaints about the sound of vuvuzela horns during its World Cup coverage.

The corporation is considering showing coverage that cuts out the noise of vuvuzelas on its red button service.

On Monday, World Cup organisers ruled out a stadium ban on the plastic horns, which can reach 130 decibels, following complaints from players and fans.

...but what about the people who cant watch the news without being brain damaged with that horrid noise

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

For a good cause, please sign. (this is not spam, its serious stuff)

stopthevuvuzela.com/

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

Signed.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

Back on topic: Keep it useless, as the treat-title promises.

TRADITIIIIIIIIOOOOOON!!

btw: i want a button that automatically writes these (youtube)-tags. :p

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:
For a good cause, please sign. (this is not spam, its serious stuff)

stopthevuvuzela.com/

where can I sign to stop the world cup?

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

Joki wrote:

btw: i want a button that automatically writes these (youtube)-tags. :p

AGREED! Where is MrAlpacabuttonmaker xD

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

Joki wrote:

TRADITIIIIIIIIOOOOOON!!

Tradition is a too generic concept , it can mean also universality ( like classical music )

I'd define vuvuzelas as folklore.

Anyway RAI TV ( the italian public broadcaster ) solved the issue by transmitting matches at a lower volume. I have to increase the level at least to 1/3 to hear the commentary in a clear way.

And it seems that in some city ( Milan ? ) , they decided to give matches on the wide screen placed in some squares without audio .. LOL ... a football match without any sound ?
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

Joki wrote:

TRADITIIIIIIIIOOOOOON!!

Woaaaahh, that looks extremely cool, I will definitely watch it. Specially considering that it's directed by Norman Jewison, who only 2 years later shot one of my favourites movies, Jesuschrist Superstar.

Now, for some reason or another, whenever I recommend this film I'm welcomed with rised eyebrows, scorn or outright animosity. Trying to convince them I'm serious while beeing looked at like a madman is quite frustrating. This, by the way, happens regardless of faith preferences. I've had atheists, agnostics, catholics and anglicans laughing at me after trying to show them the light.

But here, heh, here I can just post the video without having to fight for the remote.

Behold Mary Magdalene trying to alleviate Jesus's pains with her caresses and oilments, while Judas in the background gets seriously pissed off and barks his complaints at Jesus. Admitedly, Judas has a point. After all, it's well true that with the money spent on what can't be defined as anything else than luxury articles they could've fed a bunch of poor people. Jesus' answer isn't quite convincing. Just because it happens to be poor people all around it doesn't mean that we have to accept the status quo and do nothing about it. Perhaps he was just being practical and aware of their choices and resources, as his final words and hand shake with Judas reveals...although you can tell Judas is already disenchanted and isn't quite buying it--and Jesus knows it.

JockeTF
Furver Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:
GTFO vuvuzela !

Problem?

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

LOL ... someone has already found an "OpenSource" solution to attenuate vuvuzelas noise : genuinepulse.blogspot....ilter.html

:grin:
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

This is actually quiet a nice find. ;P

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:

[...] Just because it happens to be poor people all around it doesn't mean that we have to accept the status quo and do nothing about it. [...]

I've already had a dispute with you about this concept while treating of Mother Teresa , did you remeber ?

So I ask you if you are sure that poor people want to be "helped" ( as in the common "western" meaning of the word "HELP" ) . Maybe they want to find their way , respecting their pride.

Maybe they don't need or don't want lots of grain or rise marked with the UN or the US symbol , maybe they need to have water for their fields or to know how to alternate cultures or to practice a sustainable agriculture or how to preserver and defend their territory instead.
Maybe they need schools with educational programs to find their way to their social and economical development.

We cannot sponsor a mass of people educated as western people which is at least 4 times more than western people. ( Just try to add the totality of the population of China , India and Africa and evaulate yourself what I mean ) ... maybe we and our planet just need collaboration instead to find a more sustainable way of living.

BTW , loook at this : www.rainews24.rai.it/i...yid=142004 ( watch the photos even if you don't understand ;-) ) ... or here : www.huffingtonpost.com...12360.html

It remembers me of the Jerusalem temple parable , when Jesus entered into it and marked as blaspheme all those merchants inside the House of God.
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely useless posts, please ignore. Reply with quote

All I know is those fucking Swiss deserve a slow, painful death for playing football like they do.

Yeah, I think that's about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: