the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: ztn3dm2
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › DEV › Art and design › Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) (Completed)
Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) (Completed)
3d, Photoshop, GIMP or pen & paper, this is where you find it all.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexArt and design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllegedlyDead
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) (Completed) Reply with quote

All of the icons have been finished. Updates are highly unlikely after this point. All of these PNGs, below, are the size needed to be placed in game. You'll have to add a black background and convert them to TGA, of course. They will work ingame the way they are. The game resizes them so it isn't much of an issue. These will prove to be very useful in the future for those who hate the low resolution

These files are also under GPL as they came from GPL files in the first place. The sources are also under GPL. I cannot be assed to update every zip file to include the GPL license. If someone wants to do this for me, be my guest. I am completely exhausted from doing these things.

A PK3 file is being tested with every single weapon icon replaced on both the HUD and the ammobox. Once testing is done with this file, a link will be provided here so people can grab it. Enjoy this huge contribution people! I hope you all will enjoy it! UV map of the ammobox area that I used is included at the end of the post with it resized to 768x768, same size as all the icons, except the gauntlet, here.

bfgammo_hires_v4.zip
shotammo2_v3.zip
machammo2_v2.zip
machammo2_v3.zip
grenammo2_v3.zip
lightrailplasma.zip (lightning, railgun, plasma)
rockammo2_v4.zip
ammo-outline-vector.zip
proportional_ammo_outline.zip
iconw_gauntlet.zip

Download link to the PK3 file is located here:
pak9-weapon_icons.pk3

proportional_ammo_outline.zip
 Description:
 Filename:  proportional_ammo_outline.zip
 Filesize:  52.32 KB
 Downloaded:  225 Time(s)

ammo-outline-vector.zip
 Description:
 Filename:  ammo-outline-vector.zip
 Filesize:  26.95 KB
 Downloaded:  227 Time(s)

Last edited by AllegedlyDead on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:09 am; edited 21 times in total
AllegedlyDead
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

REQUEST THAT THIS POST BE DELETED! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Last edited by AllegedlyDead on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

Really nice job! You've done a good days work, that's for sure..

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

so these aren't gpl then? :(
SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

Good work!

Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

hyp3rfocus wrote:
They are GPLvAD :grin:

AllegedlyDead
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

hyp3rfocus wrote:

Read the first post again. I updated it with an explanation. Sorry 'bout that.
dairu
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

AllegedlyDead wrote:
[joke]Anyone may use these except for the bastards on the OpenArena forums.[/joke]

That's not nice.

AllegedlyDead
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

Failure to read the joke tags proves you're an idiot. It's in red text with joke tags around it for a reason. It doesn't matter if it "isn't nice". You asked for a flame fest the moment you posted that.

Any further discussion of the joke statement and I will ask a moderator to either edit/delete the posts or lock the thread completely. End of story.

Getting back on topic... I need someone to help me out with the BFG icon. I just discovered that I made a huge mistake and there are white pixels everywhere. I can't seem to come up with a good method of doing it without having to rasterize the vectors and make a lot of useless edits to get the look.
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

AllegedlyDead wrote:
Failure to read the joke tags proves you're an idiot. It's in red text with joke tags around it for a reason. It doesn't matter if it "isn't nice". You asked for a flame fest the moment you posted that.

Any further discussion of the joke statement and I will ask a moderator to either edit/delete the posts or lock the thread completely. End of story.

Getting back on topic... I need someone to help me out with the BFG icon. I just discovered that I made a huge mistake and there are white pixels everywhere. I can't seem to come up with a good method of doing it without having to rasterize the vectors and make a lot of useless edits to get the look.
Calling people an idiot wont contribute not to starting a flameware either, if it goes on and keeps off-topic then this thread will be locked and content edited. Name-calling belong elsewhere.

hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

here's the bfg icon in svg format.

bfg.svg.zip
 Description:
 Filename:  bfg.svg.zip
 Filesize:  2.83 KB
 Downloaded:  254 Time(s)
hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

and here's what it looks like.

bfg.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.04 KB
 Viewed:  9603 Time(s)

bfg.png

AllegedlyDead
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

Thanks, hyp3rfocus, for making the BFG icon look better than mine. Updated the main post with the new icon and credits.
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

AllegedlyDead wrote:
Thanks, hyp3rfocus, for making the BFG icon look better than mine. Updated the main post with the new icon and credits.
Remember to include a copy of the GPL license in order to make it GPL. Follow this link for full documentation:
www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt

AllegedlyDead
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Higher Res Weapon Ammo Icons (Ammobox) Reply with quote

New BFG icon update. I made mine a little larger than I did hyp3r's. Also, I noticed with hyp3r's there is a bit of clipping at the top of the icon. Not that I care about it, most people won't care for it. Here's the PSD and a hi-res PNG of the icon itself.

Enjoy all! I should get started on updating the rest of the icons to make them look better than they currently are.

[Edit]Changed from RAR to ZIP because I know there are some issues with RAR files on linux from what I read. Sorry about that people. The files in the main post will changed later[/edit]

bfgammo_hires_v4.zip
 Description:
 Filename:  bfgammo_hires_v4.zip
 Filesize:  186.22 KB
 Downloaded:  230 Time(s)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Art and design All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: