the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3tourney4
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Tech & Support › simlock unlock
simlock unlock
Something wrong with our servers or your system?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTech & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: simlock unlock Reply with quote

Hey rn-technicians,

i'm at my parents house this xmas. My mom want to use her old simcard in another Cellphone. Now that thing apparently got simlock, so it asks for a subsidy password to unlock. I've heard there are 2 ways: Either use that tool blablabla, or pay 20$ to various companies and based on the IMEI number, they will send you a subsidy code to unlock it. Now if we dont have such a cable, and its possible to unlock it by just using the IMEI-number, is there are generator to do that?

Is this even legal to ask, or is it illegal to unlock a simlock by using such tools?

Have nice rest of xmas!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: simlock unlock Reply with quote

hey joki, I dont know how long your mom has that cellphone, but IF she got it longer than 2 years (I only know it from T-Moble) you can unlock it legal. If not, you have to pay 100euro to them for the unlock. So i guess tools are illegal :D

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: simlock unlock Reply with quote

Eh, I dont get it. So if you put the sim into another phone it doesent work, or it doesent work in any phone?

If its just the phone you want to unlock to accept any simcard then theres "world unlock calculator". Its a small program that can unlock a lot of phones(mainly nokia) to unlock them so they can accept any simcard inserted. Just google the above, safe and fast.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: simlock unlock Reply with quote

Hey Snoo!

Thanks for this good hint. It appears that thing can't unlock "Motorola W220" (Tschibo-branded (german coffee- and kladeradatsch-company)). It seems the cell phone has to be 2 years old, then you can get it unlocked by the phone company for free. Alternatively you could pay 100€, or use a hax0r-tool and by a data-cable, which i don't really want.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: simlock unlock Reply with quote

There are ppl that unlock phones tho. You pay bout 10€ here where I live for that. So, look it up. There must be someone who can do that for you.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: simlock unlock Reply with quote

Yea, actually a friend of mine works for a cell phone company and i happen to have just asked her yesterday about that. She said, she needs the IMEI and will try to get it done. ;)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Tech & Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: