the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: nodm13
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › bzzz5
bzzz5
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

he is not.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
he is not.

He is indeed IMHO ... if you analize the samples sequence , you can realize that it has high and low moments and the transitions between high and low moments are well connected and almost different between themselves even if the samples used are the same. This is a very very important thing while thinking , building and finally producing to be played every kind of music track.

You can understand what I mean comparing the original track of Odissey - Going back to my roots and the FPI Project track : the first appears ( while listening to it ) almost linear without any significant variation in the sequence ...

Odissey - Going back to my roots

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FPI Project - Going back to my roots ( Rich in Paradise )

kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

Good evening. Today we are going to have a look at a master piece of pop music: "Candidate", by David Bowie. This song is the second part of the medley "Sweet thing/Candidate/Sweet thing (reprise)" in the 1974 album "Diamond Dogs". We won't discuss in depth the quality of the song in this occasion, since we would enter into the realm of the subjective--meaning, of course, that it depends on the subject, i.e., if the opinions expressed are those of kernel_panic they will be inherently right; otherwise they will most likely suck and be quite stupid and ignorant. Having cleared this one out, "Candidate" is a kick-ass song that only deaf people would not appreciate.

But there's more. The lyrics rock too. I have not found any reference or interpretation, but it's clear that David is telling us a lust story about some blokes having wild sex with other blokes. Compare this with the typical super-manly rock stars ala Deep Purple that sang idiocies like this:

"Nobody Gonna Take My Car, I'm Gonna Race It To The Ground
Nobody Gonna Beat My Car, It's Gonna Break The Speed Of Sound
Oooh It's A Killer Machine, It's Got Everything
Like A Driving Power, Big Fat Tires And Everything

Nobody Gonna Take My Girl, I'm Gonna Keep Her To The End
Nobody Gonna Have My Girl, She Stays Close On Every Bend
Oooh She's A Killer Machine, She's Got Everything
Like A Moving Mouth, Body Control And Everything"

What kind of retarded mind could write something like this? Big fat tires and everything? And this were the hard core guys? I'd like them to see whether they were hard enough to sing something like this:

"I'll make you a deal, like any other candidate,
we'll pretend we're walking home 'cause your future's at stake.
My set is amazing, it even smells like a street,
there's a bar at the end where I can meet you and your friend.
Someone scrawled on the wall "I smell the blood of les tricoteuses"
Who wrote up scandals in other bars.

I'm having so much fun with the poisonous people,
spreading rumours and lies and stories they made up.
Some make you sing and some make you scream,
one makes you wish that you'd never been seen.
But there's a shop on the corner that's selling papier mache,
making bullet-proof faces, Charlie Manson, Cassius Clay.
If you want it, boys, get it here, thing.

So you scream out of line "I want you! I need you!
Anyone out there? Any time?"
Tres butch little number whines "Hey dirty, I want you,
when it's good, it's really good, and when it's bad I go to pieces".
If you want it, boys, get it here, thing.

Well, on the street where you live I could not hold up my head
For I put all I have in another bed. On another floor, in the back of a car
In the cellar like a church with the door ajar.
Well, I guess we've must be looking for a different kind,
but we can't stop trying 'till we break up our minds,
'til the sun drips blood on the seedy young knights,
who press you on the ground while shaking in fright.
I guess we could cruise down one more time
with you by my side, it should be fine.
We'll buy some drugs and watch a band.
Then jump in the river holding hands."

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

UNFAIR MATCHES

Tonight:

The Ramones

vs
J. S. Bach

Good evening and welcome to a new edition of 'Unfair Matches'. Tonight we will witness an interesting fight between two big contenders coming from the world of music. In one corner we have The Ramones, the very band that laid the foundations of punk-rock for the greater good and universal enjoyment. Against them, Johann Sebastian Bach, the german composer from the XVIII century, will have to try his best in tonight's show.

The Ramones will perform for us one of their most emblematic anthems: "Pet Sematary". Grave and full of dark overtones, Pet Sematary fit perfectly in the nightmarish atmosphere of the homonymous movie brought to us by the director of the first episode of "Tales from the Crypt" and "Pet Sematary 2". The reasons for the pathetic quality of the film are to be found in the screenplayer and author of the equally pathetic book, Stephen King, an incredibly overrated poor bastard who, not content with the good luck of having one of his stupid novels brought to the big screen by the genius of Kubrick, had the guts to complain about the movie lacking the depths of the book. In any case, "Pet Sematary", the great song by "The Ramones", should not be made responsible for the idiocy of Stephen King any more than John Williams should be made responsible for the idiocy of "The attack of the clones". The version chosen for tonight's performance is the original one released in the album "Brain Drain", from 1989. Despite some changes with respect to the original formation, the band still sounded as if the planet didn't spin since 1974, i.e., exquisitely.

On the other hand, from Bach we will have the suite no 2 in B minor BWM 1067 - Badinerie. Although a universally recognisable tune, Badinerie is nothing but a much lesser work within a massive repertoire that includes some of the finest examples of musical creativity. As always in "Unfair Matches", we gave the contest a little twist and we chose an unusual, but famous performance of Badinerie. Appearing for the first time in 1999, Badineire was included among the optional ringtones of the Nokia 3210. With millions of units sold worldwide, the 3210 was a revolutionary handset, being one of the first phones shipping an internal antenna. One of the keys of its success was the decision to include the game "Snake", based on the PC game "Lazer Bikes", based in turn in the film "Tron", one of the first films to make use of computer generated graphics. All in all, an impressive phone. However, we find its musical capabilities rather lacking. The sound output is limited to a single channel monochromatic sine wave restricted to about three octaves that can only be programmed to give notes of 4 different values. In other words, Bach would be much better off playing with an oscilloscope instead than with a dammed phone.

Let the contest begin.

Lovely. Let's see what Bach is capable of.

Not his best night, it seems.

Well, superficially The Ramones were much more convincing that the old man. The Marshall amplifiers, the warmth of the public, and the likely use of illegal substances surely gave Dee Dee and pals a good boost tonight. In comparison, Bach didn't seem to encounter himself at any point, some notes sounded a bit off and the harmony was entirely absent. However, when confronted with the Alien Ultimatum test, things turned out differently. The premise is simple, an overtly hostile and technologically superior alien race pays a visit to Earth and demands proof of inteligence and sensibility in musical form. If unconvinced they will nuke us to build a parking lot or perhaps a shopping centre, the details are unimportant. With this in mind, and despite the terrible performance by J.S., our panel has decided that the world is much safer with the Nokia tune than with the terrorist aberration from The Ramones. Actually, we propose the destruction of every physical media containing Pet Sematary to minimise the possibility that the song is given to any potentially dangerous alien species that we may encounter in the future.

Result: Johann has kicked those hippies in the butt while saving the planet at the same time.

And that's all for tonight. Stay tuned for our next Unfair Match!

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... that's me while listening to the nokia ring tone : horrible !!!!! terrificant !!!! ( the ringtone of course )

This bringing me to our world , to the reality :

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

then this stabilized me

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

and finally I can reprise the theme of the 70/80/90s with an unrepeatable performance ( for two reasons : an obvious one , the other simply because there's not / will be not the same spirit/atmosphere anymore )

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

yeah ..... no imbecils distracted by their stupid phones while recording ... only quite a religious attention to the music ( of course beautiful ) and the performance ( Roger Taylor was superb with drums while magically adjusting the time / the beat to the singer at the beginning - and not only there - and Freddie at the end while literally directing the final of his musicians )

anyway ... the music ( word + notes ) speaks again here :

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

why not here too :

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

This goes out of the line ( it's not of the 80s and it's a classic dance/vocal trance of the 1997 or 1998 , didn't remember exactly ) but I have to close with a classic tune of the latest 90's XD

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

I don't know why, but when people post 6 posts in a row, i end up usually only having a look at the first 1 or sometimes 2 of them.

Unless the 2nd post contains bananas. Or Matchbox-Cars. Or possibly Racoons.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
I don't know why, but when people post 6 posts in a row, i end up usually only having a look at the first 1 or sometimes 2 of them.

Unless the 2nd post contains bananas. Or Matchbox-Cars. Or possibly Racoons.

> file.txt

Code::
sh:~$ sed 's/people/Falkland/g' file.txt

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: bzzz5 Reply with quote

[insert bananas here]

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: