the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm6
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Defrag tricks & tutorials › White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3?
White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3?
New to Defrag? Pro? Super Pro? Super Defrag Movie Pro? come here... :D
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexDefrag tricks & tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riwa
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

I've been trying with the strafe pads, and I can do all but black and white with only cj at start. But when I do black in cpm, I do cj of 580+, but in VQ3 max cj I have done is around 543 (normally 520+) which makes me think they are impossible in VQ3 without an extra jump at start. With extra jump I have made both black and first white.

Is this the right approach?

Or is it really possible doing em with just a cj?

\"Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep \'em from gettin\' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin\' they\'re so hot for, that they\'re scramblin\' over each other to
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

The distance of the jump is so long that you need to change direction in mid air to get speed (usually called airchange). I think you run out of acceleration speed moving the mouse in the one direction. I can complete the last circle jump in xcm_tricks2 by quickly changing the mouse to the right just before landing.

Most people tend to do air change on the second jump but I think it's a bit of an art. I ended up binding a key to change yaw to change direction and i use a part on the wall as a guide when to do it but that wouldn't help on the hard strafe pads.. :( There is some guide on the internet about it by w3sp so if you do a search for that with airchange you might find it :)

Maybe you can do them normal if your accurate enough so maybe the airchange thing might not be necessary after all, even if it does give you a little extra
riwa
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

Thanks for reply! Great!

I think I do airchange after each jump. Many times I change side last ms, but mostly to keep the direction good (on small pads like xcm nightmare).

So what are your best cj's? With effort I have reached 543.

\"Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep \'em from gettin\' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin\' they\'re so hot for, that they\'re scramblin\' over each other to
RAZ3R
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

530 consistently in vq3 is good, it's rare to see anything much higher than 543. Highest scripted vq3 cj is 610, but that's impossible by hand (max by hand is about 550).
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

Could somebody make a demo for me where I can see this air change thingy? Ideally it would be: you, your platforms, your circle jump, and your jumps performed in the lamest style (the one that is useful in game, I'm not interested in the strafing of the yellow mountains as understood by the drunken monkey nor anything like that).

You'd make me happy!

PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

for a complete beginners tutorial watch / download this: www.quakeunity.com/file=2170

could not find the strafe jumping-only" video I once had :/
(think it was w3sp, showing off all different ways of keypress and mouse movement on some jumppads)

kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

I had watched that a long time ago. That's not what I want. I only want a normal dude doing a run of pads strafing normally with VQ3 physics. Not backwards, no sideways, no half-beat, no nothing but somebody jumping more or less decently in the simplest way.

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

clanarena.org/arena/vi...s1-beta7b/
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

This guy posted on my profile asking me to help him. I kid you not. He also sent me a pm asking what he was doing wrong

Code::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36vNRFIGhs

Last edited by chiquita on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

Thank you!

Now I only have to do it myself...

What's that display that appears in the video? I want to see the angles too!

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

I do it the manual way...

- goto CHS

- Enter 46 (if its not that try 48) in one of the blank info type options

- change the font options if you like, i think -40 on one of the x/y thingys aligns it above the crosshair.

To see all the options you can display as an info type.. type...

/info
RAZ3R
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:
I had watched that a long time ago. That's not what I want. I only want a normal dude doing a run of pads strafing normally with VQ3 physics. Not backwards, no sideways, no half-beat, no nothing but somebody jumping more or less decently in the simplest way.

Halfbeat IS the simplest way. Hardest vq3 strafe pads have only been done in halfbeat (w3spgaz_strafes) except by w3sp I believe (who finds halfbeat easier also).
PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

RAZ3R,do you know the video, where w3sp shows all different kinds of strafeing, including keypresses?

I can't find it any more :(

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

there's always my nooby one.. some of the end jumps are to slow me down as i was going to over jump.. they arent hard pads though.

edit: the second set is halfbeat backwards... what RAZ3R means by it's easier is because you move the mouse less.. and are more likely to move in a straight line which will help distance. I can see that i'm very close to the front of the pads so i just turn the mouse at the end pads so i dont gain more speed.

If you strafe left/right your angle would need to be exactly the same on each side to move forward in a straight line, you tend to drift left or right normally, but it's not that much if the angles are consistant. HB is kinda more lame though. Normal strafe is more difficult and requires more control so it's more impressive if you can do them the normal way

i think i have the link for the w3sp one.. lemme look

Last edited by chiquita on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: White pads on tr1ckhouse in VQ3? Reply with quote

w3sp ultimate strafe pads

clanarena.org/arena/vi...rafe-Pads/
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Defrag tricks & tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: