the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm7
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › DEV › Art and design › female soldier
female soldier
3d, Photoshop, GIMP or pen & paper, this is where you find it all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexArt and design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: female soldier Reply with quote

this is a female character i'm working on. at first i tried modelling her in triangles, but i'm just not comfortable working that way so i'm converting her to a subsurf model. once i get her looking right then i can make use this mesh as the basis of a lower poly count model.

i'm trying to achieve a good balance of the following attributes.
  • realistic.
  • attractive without resorting to exaggerated stereotypes.
  • strong, tough and muscular enough to be able to carry heavy weaponry around without looking manly.

this will be a difficult balancing act, so i could do with a bit of feedback. currently i'm still working on getting the meshwork in order, but when that's done i'll need to start working on the shape of the face and body. i need suggestions on how to shape the body and examples of female faces that would suit the character.

any feedback is greatly appreciated. :)

both.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.12 KB
 Viewed:  4205 Time(s)

both.png

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: female soldier Reply with quote

Dunno bout you ppl but for me SHE is the ultimate woman warrior, but there is also she, and ofc she
hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: female soldier Reply with quote

quality work snoo, those are three tough women. i didn't recognize michelle rodriguez at first, but then i remembered her role in resident evil. fine looking lady. :sexy:
hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: female soldier Reply with quote

i've started sculpting the shape of the clothing into the mesh. here's what i've done so far on the vest.

vest.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.83 KB
 Viewed:  4195 Time(s)

vest.png

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: female soldier Reply with quote

That looks realy nice and smooth.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: female soldier Reply with quote

i converted the head mesh into quads and gave it the correct edge loops. now i'm trying to get the face looking right.

i'm quite tempting by snoo's suggestion of michelle rodriguez as a face model, but so far i've just been concentrating on getting the rough shape right.

here's my latest shot...

face-002.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  81.1 KB
 Viewed:  4189 Time(s)

face-002.png

hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: female soldier Reply with quote

i've put the head of my model up for feedback in this thread on subdivisionmodeling.com. hopefully i'll be able to get some advice from the pros.
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: female soldier Reply with quote

hyp3rfocus wrote:
i've put the head of my model up for feedback in this thread on subdivisionmodeling.com. hopefully i'll be able to get some advice from the pros.
Nice job on this. The upperbody looks neat but the waist might be a bit to sharply angled and narrow. Also the hips down towards the kneecaps are a bit to straight and doesn't follow a natural path. My 2½ cents ;)

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: female soldier Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback w1zrd.

when you say the waist is too sharply angled do you mean the side of the waist or where it angles in at the back?

i'm not really sure what to do with the legs yet. i'm thinking about doing some kind of combat trousers. i need to get some resources to work from.
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: female soldier Reply with quote

hyp3rfocus wrote:
thanks for the feedback w1zrd.

when you say the waist is too sharply angled do you mean the side of the waist or where it angles in at the back?

i'm not really sure what to do with the legs yet. i'm thinking about doing some kind of combat trousers. i need to get some resources to work from.
The waist doesn't follow a natural path imo, but I know that it's hard to get the femoral region correct. Here is another 3d model, and then I tried to outline the area where it might need some sculpting.

and then this:

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Art and design All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: