the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: pro-q3tourney7
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Defrag tricks & tutorials › Help with jumping pads on pdm01_pea_imposter in VQ3?
Help with jumping pads on pdm01_pea_imposter in VQ3?
New to Defrag? Pro? Super Pro? Super Defrag Movie Pro? come here... :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexDefrag tricks & tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riwa
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Help with jumping pads on pdm01_pea_imposter in VQ3? Reply with quote

Hi. I recently started to play vq3 defrag :o. But some maps (like 01_pea_imposter) are just impossible to me. There's a part with jump pads that starts with a small ramp. Should I use this ramp? Ive tried those pads like 1000 times now. I can never get past the third one.

Explanation/demo greatly appreciated.

Regards
Richard

\"Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep \'em from gettin\' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin\' they\'re so hot for, that they\'re scramblin\' over each other to

Last edited by riwa on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Jumping pads on pdm01_pea_imposter? Reply with quote

Try the map strafez.. thats hard too.. great vq3 map :D
RAZ3R
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Help with jumping pads on pdm01_pea_imposter in VQ3? Reply with quote

The strafe pads in pdm01_pea_impostor are at the harder end of what you see in defrag runs, there's no real technique to them, just practice. You can gain speed before the pads in that hallway, crouch through that small gap while maintaining speed, and do the pads that way (as seen in w3sp strafes movie) although that would take some practice and is probably harder to do.

Also there's no such thing as double jumping in vq3, ramps will only ever loose you speed.

Anyway, made you some noob 5 minute demo, this is the first time I've played defrag at all in many months so don't expect some nice run, though it shows you the strafe pads anyway =).

pdm01_pea_impostor[df.vq3]01.42.616(raz3r.england).dm_68
 Description:
noob run
 Filename:  pdm01_pea_impostor[df.vq3]01.42.616(raz3r.england).dm_68
 Filesize:  1.33 MB
 Downloaded:  172 Time(s)
riwa
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Help with jumping pads on pdm01_pea_imposter in VQ3? Reply with quote

Dude!! Thanks! That was awesome. A questions though.. Can I view the video in first person? Easier to see what u do that way :P

\"Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep \'em from gettin\' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin\' they\'re so hot for, that they\'re scramblin\' over each other to
RAZ3R
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Help with jumping pads on pdm01_pea_imposter in VQ3? Reply with quote

Yeah, at the bottom of the demo select screen where it says "Replay: On" change it to off.
riwa
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with jumping pads on pdm01_pea_imposter in VQ3? Reply with quote

Oh. Thanks. :P

StrikerFred
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with jumping pads on pdm01_pea_imposter in VQ3? Reply with quote

I didn't want to make a new topic so i ask it here :

Why is the vq3 server not online anymore? :(

JockeTF
Furver Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with jumping pads on pdm01_pea_imposter in VQ3? Reply with quote

Sorry about that, it's back up now. :)

StrikerFred
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Help with jumping pads on pdm01_pea_imposter in VQ3? Reply with quote

Cool ! Thanks a lot

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Defrag tricks & tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: