the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: bal3dm4
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Tech & Support › best ISP in germany?
best ISP in germany?
Something wrong with our servers or your system?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTech & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: best ISP in germany? Reply with quote

My current ISP (T-Online) called me and told me they are gonna change my contract to 16 MBit/s flat + current stuff. But this'd mean they are gonna renew my 24 months minimum contract duration, so I was thinking about changing to a new ISP. So now i need advice. I've seen heard that o2 has really good conditions, when it comes to mobile phone pricing, but they only have 4 Mbit/s interwebz :( Alice on the other hand seems really spiffy! 16 Mbit/s, 2€/months Festnetzanschluß and no minimum contract duration, seems like < 1/2 price of t-online. Any advice please? =)

I want:
- 16 Mbit/s interwebs flat
- No/shorter minimum contract duration
- Fair price

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: best ISP in germany? Reply with quote

Just don't phone up after one of your beer garden episodes, they will screw you for everything. They will offer you laptops, mobile phones.. and it will sound good at the time. :)
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: best ISP in germany? Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
Alice on the other hand seems really spiffy! 16 Mbit/s, 2€/months Festnetzanschluß and no minimum contract duration, seems like < 1/2 price of t-online.

O_O ... 16Mbit/sec -> 2€/month ????????

In Italy -> Alice by Telecom Italia -> 20 Mbit/sec -> 24,95 €/month ...
PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: best ISP in germany? Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
My current ISP (T-Online) called me and told me they are gonna change my contract to 16 MBit/s flat + current stuff. But this'd mean they are gonna renew my 24 months minimum contract duration, so I was thinking about changing to a new ISP. So now i need advice. I've seen heard that o2 has really good conditions, when it comes to mobile phone pricing, but they only have 4 Mbit/s interwebz :( Alice on the other hand seems really spiffy! 16 Mbit/s, 2€/months Festnetzanschluß and no minimum contract duration, seems like < 1/2 price of t-online. Any advice please? =)

I want:
- 16 Mbit/s interwebs flat
- No/shorter minimum contract duration
- Fair price

I'm doing exactly that. killing t-online and moving to alice full flatrate all extras deluxe ultra easy care-free 1337 connection

kabeldeutschland are also good, if you can spare your TV-plug. but if you are living in an old house it can be buggy.

baer

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: best ISP in germany? Reply with quote

a friend of mine changed back from alice to t-home because of very bad quality in phone connections, sounded like he were in usbekistan not only three blocks south :0)
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: best ISP in germany? Reply with quote

alright, i'm just gonna switch to alice. too bad, my contract runs till july 2010... :s

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: best ISP in germany? Reply with quote

alice here too, very good, stable connection, we got isdn + dsl 16000 (its as fast as 18000)
Unrealized
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: best ISP in germany? Reply with quote

Falkland wrote:
Joki wrote:
Alice on the other hand seems really spiffy! 16 Mbit/s, 2€/months Festnetzanschluß and no minimum contract duration, seems like < 1/2 price of t-online.

O_O ... 16Mbit/sec -> 2€/month ????????

In Italy -> Alice by Telecom Italia -> 20 Mbit/sec -> 24,95 €/month ...

8mbit in finland -> 42€/Month. So That's quite cheap ;P

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: best ISP in germany? Reply with quote

i'll stay with T-Online... they're more expensive.. but goddamn.. i can call them on sunday morning 3am and ask why i was reconnected and they will tell me what the fuck is going on and beg for mercy!!!
Delucia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: best ISP in germany? Reply with quote

in my country, 1Mbit/sec=23-24 euro/month :(:(

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: best ISP in germany? Reply with quote

Way to revive old threads. yay!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Tech & Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: