as some of you know i've been having terrible problems with urban terror slowing to a crawl. at first i thought it was lag, but then i noticed that i had the same problem playing against bots offline. since quake3 runs ok on my laptop i could rule out any hardware problems, so i came to the conclusion that it must be a problem with the engine.
i decided to try running urban terror on ioquake3. i got a working copy of the latest ioquake3 svn code, built myself a completely unmodified ioquake3 engine. i then put that in my urban terror folder (same folder as ioUrbanTerror.i386) and ran it with the following script...
#iourt - run urban terror with an svn build of ioquake
#go to the urban terror directory
#run ioquake3 with arguments to make it work with urt
./ioquake3.i386 +set com_standalone 1 +set fs_game q3ut4
to my great relief everything runs perfectly. i can now play urban terror without any problems.