the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: hope
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › E+ On OA
E+ On OA
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: E+ On OA Reply with quote

The EX+ guys have set up a nice site to help set up the mod on OA.

EX+ has evolved alot and with lots of different game options. To be honest, I was never a fan of the excessive plus mod which I remember on 1.32 but like alot of other mods (CPMA etc) it can be configured with lots of options available.

oa.goquake.com/?page_id=72
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: E+ On OA Reply with quote

I've installed once this mod on my (io)quake3 installation ... after joining a game with a bot at nightmare level in q3dm1 and seeing that fu**ing high rate of rockets coming over me ... well ... I've permanent wiped that mod.
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: E+ On OA Reply with quote

ye. i dont like that mode either, that's the ex+ I remember from 1.32 on q3. But now there are options to configure servers such as freezetag and has lots of useful stuff which is fully configurable. I havent checked it out in detail but I did try a few servers and there was some nice effects and didnt have the 20 rockets shooting at me with one shot :D
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: E+ On OA Reply with quote

Yea, it sucks. I have to admit i played it once thou. I was hosting a 32-people server on a 600ppl LAN in munich when it was brand-new :] Was kinda funky then. But nowdays most q3-servers run it and it was just meant to be a ONE-TIME-for-fun-mod and then get rid of it =(

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: E+ On OA Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:
The EX+ guys have set up a nice site to help set up the mod on OA...

Thank you for the plug. Appreciated.

Falkland wrote:
I've installed once this mod on my (io)quake3 installation ... after joining a game with a bot at nightmare level in q3dm1 and seeing that fu**ing high rate of rockets coming over me ... well ... I've permanent wiped that mod.

chiquita wrote:
ye. i dont like that mode either...

Joki wrote:
Yea, it sucks. I have to admit i played it once thou. I was hosting a 32-people server on a 600ppl LAN in munich when it was brand-new :] Was kinda funky then. But nowdays most q3-servers run it and it was just meant to be a ONE-TIME-for-fun-mod and then get rid of it =(

WTF are you ppl talking about?!!!

Assuming no one spiked Falklan's and Joki's beers, the ONLY way you could POSSIBLY see 20 (or even 2) BFG's fired from a single shot is if you played Excessive and confused that with ExcessivePlus (they have little in common) or if you were n00bish enough to setup a server using the circa 2001/2002 server configs that the Developers insist on packaging with the Mod even though no Public Servers run by ppl in the ExcessivePlus Community have used these since I began playing E+ in 2004.

Honestly, I don't care if someone does not like E+. There are enough Mods in Q3 to satisfy most desires but for God's sake don't give the Mod an unfair rap.

But don't take my word, after all, I love E+, was an E+ Clan leader for 2 years and have almost 200 "organized" Clan wars and Fun wars under my belt.

Instead, visit a Quake III (Q3 E+ Game Spider) or OpenArena E+ server and simply observe. Or, you can watch either of these videos:

1. E+ Sudden Death Cup video (7MB FLV)

2. Killing Obsession II video (439MB XviD)

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: E+ On OA Reply with quote

You sure know, how to get popular, dont you? And excessiveplus didnt exist back then either. Also the BFG in the old excessive beta has firing at like 5 shots/second.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: E+ On OA Reply with quote

Quote::
is if you played Excessive and confused that with ExcessivePlus (they have little in common)

If the two mods have little in common it might be worth giving your mod a different name. (or just accepting that occasionally people will get the two confused).
WaspKiller

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: E+ On OA Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
You sure know, how to get popular, dont you? And excessiveplus didnt exist back then either. Also the BFG in the old excessive beta has firing at like 5 shots/second.

I did not mean to offend anyone. I only wanted to set the facts straight. If I offended you please accept my sincere apology. This is a game after all. It's about having fun.

Also you are DEAD WRONG about ExcessivePlus not existing back then. The Mod was created in 2001 and really started to take off probably in 2003.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ExcessivePlus (E+) is an “over-the-top” Quake III (Q3) Modification (Mod) that makes all weapons super-powerful, turns off self-damage, gives all players regenerating health and ammo, and makes every game incredibly fast and powerful.

E+ has several unusual features for a Mod. First, it can be played server-side only (no download of the Mod is necessary to play) or client-side (by downloading the full Mod). Second, E+ has many styles of play that can speed up the game, slow it down, allow or disallow multi-jumps, modify the rate of weapons fire/reload/cycling, modify weapons damage and power-ups strengths, and many more options. The effect is that playing with a n00b config is vastly different than playing with a Pro config. Consequently, when ppl say they don’t like E+, they are really saying they do not like one particular config out of dozens. The game style is truly limited only by your imagination.

The first version of E+ was created in 2001 but not released until later. The Mod is based on Dan ‘Mr. Pants’ Schoenblum’s Q3 Excessive Mod which has spawned “Excessive Mods” for other games such as Unreal Tournament/UT2003/UT2004/UT3, Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force and Battle Field Vietnam.

E+ utilizes unlagged technology from the Unlagged Mod, and various features from the CPMA, InstaGib, and OSP Mods. It began to gain popularity in 2003 and remains one of the most popular Q3 Mods today. Significantly, it is compatible with IoQuake3, OpenArea, Xreal, and may be compatible with other Open Source versions of the Q3 engine.

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: E+ On OA Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums! :sexy:

WaspKiller wrote:

ExcessivePlus (E+) is an “over-the-top” Quake III (Q3) Modification (Mod) that makes all weapons super-powerful, turns off self-damage, gives all players regenerating health and ammo, and makes every game incredibly fast and powerful.

Call me boring, bit I kinda like the "classic", ID-style, the weapons used to work. this excessiveshi... i mean this mod is kinda "spoiling" the brilliant game balance and physics for me personally. :s

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: