the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: unitooldm4
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › Tribes2 Server?
Tribes2 Server?
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

How about a Tribes 2 CTf server?

If we 'd have a private tribes2 CTF-server, i'd play that instead of OA. Its not open source and i really suck at it, but its so much fun with big teams =]
I remember there was a league for it. The maps are so big, it was played 8vs8 or 10vs10. Some maps almost require 12vs12.

Beside Q3, Tribes2 is my all-time-favourite-team-game. :]

Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

from what i read vivendi killed all official T2 servers last year and there is an effort that released a patch for the client that will change to a different master server so people can still play it... blablabla... you think it would be worth it? you played it since they killed the servers?
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

no i played it only a few times on various LANs, which means like once, everey 2 years. :D

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

what about a painkeep server on q1 or q3.. i remember it was a blast but did not play it much on q3. You can collect bear traps, sentrys and a gravity well (black hole) which sucks everyone near it into oblivion. Its funny when ppl have bear traps stuck to them and you hear them yelping like a big baby.. especially if they stand on 3 of them at the same time. :D It's even more funny when you hear the snap when someone stands of them so you can place them where ever you want and hang around for an enjoyable moment at someone elses expense xD
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

sounds like superheroes arena... :O
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

I just read up on superheroes thing but pka isn't about characters.. it's just additional weapons. Thats why there's lots of maps with -pka in it.. cos that has the extra info to place the weapons. I also remember an air fist which you can use if someone chucks a gravity well at you.. and you can blow it back at them xD

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

but.. but.. but.... tribes 2... :s

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

how about a youtube demo link xD
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

How a CTF-match looks like:

You spawn in your own base and first you select one of 1 different "weight class" Mechs. The light class, "the Scout" is really fast, its jet-pack allows it to fly very far and height and it can outrun almost anyone (unless people sitting on vehicles ;D). The downsides are its bad armor and that it can barely carry any weapon. Its usually best jut to grab a machinegun and just focus on grabbing the flag and get out. The medium weigth class, "the Assault" has pretty neat armor and can carry most weapon systems already (If you configure your mech to use every weapon that it can carry, its still quiet slow und unmobile :/). You can also use a weapon system less and instead carry a repair kit, that you can use to repair your team-mates. The heavy class, "the Juggernaut" is best used either for defending the base, or for assault attacks, when being carried by a teammate on a havoc. It can carry like 8 weapon systems, including the Mortar (wide-area BOOM :D) and lots of ammo. Without being carried it is useless to attack the base, because it is just so damn slow.

Classes: www.planettribes.com/t...rmor.shtml

You can either use pre-set configurations for your mech (those are put on NUMKEYS 1-9 by default) or you make your own configuration for a mech carriying your favourite weapons and save them to a key. Just press this key and next time you respawn it'll be with the changed configuration. You can also enter the respawn-POD again to repair yourself or to restock ammo.

Weapons: www.planettribes.com/t...pons.shtml

Furthermore in most maps each base has a POD where you can build vehicles and use them to attack. You can for instance send 2 fully loaded havocs into the enemy base, seated with a pilot, a gunner that aims the on-board weapon and 3 juggernauts. For an assault like this, its a good idea to first destroy the enemies Energy generator. (Its usually in the basement of their base). Once it is destroyed their turrents and defensive towers will not work anymore. (Until they are repaired, which is time-consuming).

Vehicles: www.planettribes.com/t...cles.shtml

Being driven to the enemy base by a drunk player is really incredile funny, since the vehicles are hard to control already when sober.

Terrain: www.planettribes.com/t...rain.shtml

more Info: www.planettribes.com/tribes2/

Walking Legend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

Tribes 2 must have been the most fun game I've ever played. I remember reading a review in PcGameplay magazine back then.. I ran to the local store two minutes after that to buy it. Man what a good game, Ive mostly played it over LAN with 2 people. I think for the time it was quite groundbreaking, with the map-sizes and all. Also I loved the different classes and the flying.

I've seen that it has been released as a free game now, though the official download site seems to say it's been suspended due to high demand :s Anyone knows where to get it?
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

To save you from accidently NOT clicking this link:

)}-> RIGHT HERE!!! <-{(

Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

there is a game server binary (with sources) for linux and they have a patch that makes the client connect to a new master server...
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

Another game with another engine ? ... no ... I give up :/

What about a fastcap defrag server instead ?
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

We should play team-based shooter again, like in the good old days.
Anyways, i've moved to Tribes: Ascend now, which is more beginner-friendly (casual) than the original Tribes 2, but has a decent player base.

Combat is very faced-paced and requires a lot of training, but its really fun too. Its currently in closed beta. If you want to try it, you can either sign up on their page, and wait for weeks to get a beta key, or "like them" on facebook, whatever that means, to get one quick.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribes2 Server? Reply with quote

the commentator goes nuts, at like minute 11:00 and stuff.
and yes, this game is played 16vs16 for maximum chaos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: