the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: hope
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RN|Clan › Main RN|Clan section › OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums
OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums
RN|Clan related discussions.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMain RN|Clan section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

As requested by PopeJo, i've posted my suggestion to use the OSP-Mod for all upcomming League-Matches in their Forums. Support my threat by spamming your agreement in this topic:

[RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!!]

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

thx Joki, I already started spamming there =D

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

Which brings me to a question so far noone can answer.

Does running OSP lose functionality of unlagged? I do love the OSP physics and I have no problem with aiming shots but I have heard complaints from people with high ping. Saying that, I'm not sure if that was just whine.

If there's anyone around that can try a round of insta with high ping then we can test it out.

If unlagged functionality is lost then there is always the xbattle battle mod which is :

OSP + Unlagged

The mod author must have got hold of the osp and cpma source and implemented unlagged with other stuff.
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

I think xbattle could be a better compromise ... and it has also the possibility server-side to tune lg damage and to force the client cvar cg_truelighting to 0 or max 1.0 - avoiding the use of cg_truelighting -999999.
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

I think so too.. but i didnt feel the movement was as good.. so I am going to try my osp config on xbattle and hope it's the same.

There is a xbattle config which I liked here, and explains some of the stuff:
q3eu.com/site/modules....opic&t=111

.. alot of the cvars will be from osp.

Also, if you check out the players on my xbattle server stats it supports GUID's - it does client auth so even if your IP changes players can be identified :
q3eu.com/site/vsp/pub/...bt-1v1.php

xbattle docs are badly written though. OSP has great docs plus a nice server config generator. Maybe alot of the osp stuff will work in xbattle but its just not documented. I'm hoping it is but never had a chance to check it out
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

Thanks to 'The Doctor' he spent almost the entire day getting to grips with osp and set up the internal map rotation stuff which is also criteria based.. ie.. certain maps are selected depending on how many players are connected.

This system will probably be the same as xbattle too.

I also compiled a q3 client to connect to protocol 71 and is fully compatible with the oa server. I just had to copy my q3 paks to baseoa.

I also liked RAZ3R's suggestion about sticking servers on protocol 68, so q3 clients can connect too. I done this months ago with xbattle and added the most common q3 masters to the sv_master* cvars. I imagine there are still q3 players who play osp so there is no reason why these people cant connect to oa servers :)
PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

well, I have to try it first.
I am so used to normal OA cg_delaged that most other mods feel strange in rail-combat. I'll just test it and tell here..

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

Movement still feels like 333,3. Gravity is less intense, hence, I feel Im in the air far longer and cant land perfectly in the void map. Also, jumps are longer. Takes some getting used to, definetly not VQ3. The effects like splash and such emphasize the feeling of low gravity. Simple MG fire can shove me off the path in void with ease.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

Quote::
Thanks to 'The Doctor' he spent almost the entire day getting to grips with osp and set up the internal map rotation stuff which is also criteria based.. ie.. certain maps are selected depending on how many players are connected.

Christ...that's what's needed in all the servers...how many times you have to callvote nextmap because it's simply ridiculous to play it with the actual number of players present...

Movement still feels like 333,3 [...]

Uh...that's not very nice, is it?

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

Yeah, I haven't figured out what or how he done it.. but if you type /maplist - it will show the maps you can call vote. I also think the maplist will alter depending on the number of clients connected.

Snoo, do you get the same with xbattle? You should because the physics are the same and they are vq3. I used to play on servers without pmove_fixed on freezeplus but when I moved to noghost who were using pmove_Accurate (improved version of pmove_fixed) then you can fly through the map at speed.

The important thing is air control. I tested the physics in xcm_tricks2 and I was over jumping the strafe pads often. The physics are perfect, but I'm not too familiar with jump heights... I only know what distance and speed I can do but this was fine. Maybe some of the defraggers can give it a test? The reason how you were getting pushed everywhere is because I have knockback increased. It was funny as hell on the void map but I put it back yesterday :D
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

SnooSnoo wrote:
... I feel Im in the air far longer and cant land perfectly in the void map. Also, jumps are longer. Takes some getting used to, definetly not VQ3. The effects like splash and such emphasize the feeling of low gravity. Simple MG fire can shove me off the path in void with ease.

ehm .... I think u have these feelings _only_ on void map , because in that map the g_gravity parameter is set to 666 instead of normal 800.

EDIT : if u don't trust me , just take a look to the void4_1.map source file

Code::
// entity 0
{
"classname" "worldspawn"
"message" "The Outer Limits by Mapes"
"ambient" "4"
"_color" "0.63 0.82 1"
"gravity" "666"

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

hahhaha too funny.. :D Even I didn't notice anything with gravity, but on that map I realised right away jumping around was a bad idea :D
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

I think I see what he done now. He's also saved a local file with the map sessions which is a good idea since you can stick /exec mapsessions.cfg in the master cfg.

To add new maps manually, increase the mapsessioncount vvariable and set the last mapsession variable with appropriate values. The format seems to be:

mapsession<number> "<min_players> <max_players> <fraglimit> <capturelimit> <timelimit> <roundlimit> <has this map already played during this cycle?> --none-- <mapname>"

A value of -1 denotes the default values of this map.

Example:
mapsession0 "4 20 -1 -1 -1 -1 1 --none-- hub3aeroq3"

Best regards,

TheDoctor
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:
... Even I didn't notice anything with gravity ...

I've already talked about void gravity with more than one "OA veteran" - SupeR,Grism , Cortex , ... - none seems to know that ... but it's so since OA-0.6.0 at least.
SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: OSP-Mod suggested @oa-league forums Reply with quote

Wow, didnt know that and havent played void since 060 was phased out, but back then I was too n00bish to realize any gravity changes so idk if its like that ever since 060. But explains a lot, thanx Falkland. :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main RN|Clan section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: