the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3tourney3
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Tech & Support › another question unanswered
another question unanswered
Something wrong with our servers or your system?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTech & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: another question unanswered Reply with quote

So I post in the OA forum. They whine whine WHINE when noone upgrades yet I can pull out about 8 questions I've asked and no answer or reply follows when *I try* to update.

I want to change the game mod folder so it's noghostx instead of noghost. As I done previously, and with ufreeze (ufreezex)

I'm sure it was fs_game or gamename but can't get it to work. I then remember I might have changed the vm_cgame / vm_game setting but still grrrr.

I dont need to change the server mod folder, just the client folder ( which I think is gamename)
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: another question unanswered Reply with quote

everything works the same... i had no problems updating
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: another question unanswered Reply with quote

bah.. you never read the question properly.

I want to know how to change the mod folder name, not on the server, on the client. I know it was something simple in the start up but might have only worked if the vm settings were a certain value.

I tried changing gamename but didnt work then realised out of all the combinations of fs_ stuff it started creating folders in different places so kind of made it more confusing. I thought I would ask the pro's. :s

I used a different mod name as I have a sound pak and a couple of other things which are missing/broke on OA. I didnt want any hippies complaining if they found that a mod folder did not have the default and latest release sound (the one that sounds like a cork popping out a bottle of champagne).
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: another question unanswered Reply with quote

"baseq3" (or "baseoa") are hardcoded in the Q3A (or OA) clients... they can be overrided to a certain degree... e.g. making the client start directly into a mod with:

./openarena.i386 +set fs_game corkscrew

that should work for your modded mod too...

./openarena.i386 +set fs_game noghostx

it works here... like mad it works here...
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: another question unanswered Reply with quote

I posted that on Thursday bit late now hehe . :)

Thanks for answering, I've made 2 posts regarding the same thing on OA and everytime, every question is snubbed. Not that it bothers me, but I just get reminded of the 'need to update' demands and how it is important, and I end up doing it and join the sheep. :ops:

Can you check the vm_ settings out of curiousity? I think mine were 0, this var was changed and made no difference. Does the sequence you put the commands make any diff?
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: another question unanswered Reply with quote

vm_settings doesn't exist... but vm_ui, vm_cgame and vm_game all say "2" (default) when i run

./openarena.i386 +set fs_game corkscrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Tech & Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: