donkey's site
-> Maps, Models and Mods

#1: donkey's site Author: hyp3rfocusLocation: england PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:52 pm
    ----
there's a guy called donkey who i've talked to on some forums and his site is worth looking at.

the homepage has some shots of his amazing "Amiens" map, which is a really beautifully made church and there are more examples of his work in the "maps" sections. it's amazing stuff.

he also has some useful tutorials that i plan on working my way through to improve my gtkradiant skills.

www.leveldk.co.uk

#2: Re: donkey's site Author: SnooSnooLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:56 pm
    ----
Woow, he has done some impressive maps. I realy love the cathedral a.k.a Amiens map. Some realy nice detail.

#3: Re: donkey's site Author: SnooSnooLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:02 pm
    ----
Well googling around i found this site about q3 maping, although in german it has some nice tutorials. So check it out, german speaking folk. :)

#4: Re: donkey's site Author: W1ZrDLocation: Finland PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:40 pm
    ----
Your one-stop resource for mapping tips is www.map-center.com and that's where you'll find for instance Stjartmunnen's maps that are now GPL:ed and released with OA.

#5: Re: donkey's site Author: kernel_panicLocation: uk PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:05 am
    ----
Quote::
(hyp3rfocus) there's a guy called donkey who i've talked to on some forums and his site is worth looking at.

the homepage has some shots of his amazing "Amiens" map, which is a really beautifully made church and there are more examples of his work in the "maps" sections. it's amazing stuff.

he also has some useful tutorials that i plan on working my way through to improve my gtkradiant skills.

www.leveldk.co.uk

Man, that site it's great. The tutorials are some orders of magnitude better than any of the three I have seen so far. They do cover more complicated stuff in a way that it's easier to understand and perform, while introducing to good mapping practices in a natural way. And he does so with a clear and pleasant writing style, which is always welcomed.

Yeah, the church map is amazing.

-> Maps, Models and Mods