Really cool Blender tool.
-> Main

#1: Really cool Blender tool. Author: hyp3rfocusLocation: england PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:50 pm
    ----
I normally put Blender stuff in the modelling thread, but this is just too cool.

texturing-with-projection-painting

I didn't know that a model could have different shaped uvmaps and that you could clone from one to another. I've tried stretching uvmaps across photos but there is always distortion. i've tried splitting the uvmap up into smaller parts, but there are always seams. With this method really good results could be acheived without compromise.

#2: Re: Really cool Blender tool. Author: hyp3rfocusLocation: england PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:38 pm
    ----
here's something I've been playing with.

Download pk3
I took a headmodel from urbanterror's sarah character and a photo of a supermodel. I added a new uvmap to the headmodel and warped it onto the photo, I then cloned some of that image back onto the original texture. This means I can modify models textures in any way I like without having to modify the game's md3 models.

This is quite useful for headmodels, but if I really wanted I could easily modify the mesh for the headmodel. Where it is really useful is for the legs model and the torso/arms model. I can't modify those unless I have the original blender file that created them, like those are available with openarena, so this technique would be really useful for creating new skins for urban terror or quake3.

If anyone has any requests for custom skins, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do. :grin:

-> Main