The "free texture-links"-threat
-> Maps, Models and Mods

#1: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:09 pm
    ----
As requested ingame by Mr. Fragzilla, here are some free texture packages i know:

www.noctua-graphics.de...etex_e.htm (me likey a lot :) most sub-categories have multiple page, notice the little blue page indicator in the upper right corner)

www.texturenwelt.de/ (small collection of free textures, those are sized nicely for game-making :))

www.tellim.com/texture_cd/ (a bit life-less and synthetic i guess, haven't look much into it yet. there is also a download-version on the webz size: 288 MB)

www.mayang.com/textures/ (very high-resolution)

www.imageafter.com/textures.php (photorealistic, too high-res for my purposes thou: textures might come in any size, not just 128x128, 256x256 px...)

#2: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: SnooSnooLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:34 am
    ----
Dude, dont threathen me in this "threat"! :D

#3: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:21 pm
    ----
or sorry :|
a treat it is, of course.

Edit:
I have the same problem with "trust" and "thrust" :(
i think it should be like:

Code::
- "Sally told me, that i can completely trust her, when she is going abroad with 4 other suspicious looking guys for 6 months."

- "If you don't let go of the final 7th virgin, i'll thrust this iron stick +2 directly into your heart."

#4: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:34 pm
    ----
Edit:

In GtkRadiant 1.6 (aka "NetRadiant") a few features (and shortcuts) that made texturing of whole brushes really quick have been removed. Also the rotation-function is really bad and it seems to be a lot more buggy than 1.5. For those reasons i converted back to 1.5. Here is the version i fancy most: (It comes with a few new plugins compared to "normal" 1.5, that are put just below your normal tool-bar. Also the q3map2 version is a bit more updated.)

jockl.kilu.de/files/Gt...-10-01.msi

edit: (for q3map2 updates have a look at shaderlab.com/q3map2/ )

edit2: also visit www.levelmakers.com/co.../index.php for more information

#5: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: chiquitaLocation: psychiatric ward PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:48 pm
    ----
if you download the latest nexuiz version you'll find tons of textures.

I can also send a link of q3 gpl textures. The latest version has lots more complete textures but we want to finish it before it is released.

#6: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: kernel_panicLocation: uk PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:52 am
    ----
Here there is a shader editor for Q3. It' got a GUI where you can select what you want to do to your textures, and, most importantly, a preview screen. You still have to know what you are doing, but it saves you the hassle of learning the shader's syntax. Joki and myself have tried it already and, well, it can be useful.

www.bpeers.com/software/q3ase/

It runs in Wine just fine if you install the crap it complains about (I did it with winetricks). If it stops working delete its config file (in the directory where you uncompressed it, not in ~/.x) and restart it.

#7: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:02 am
    ----
Nice link in this post containing a big texture pack with photorealistic textures:

* WACK *

Here are some screens:

* BLAM *

#8: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:35 am
    ----
Collection of 240(!) skyboxes (GNU GPL 2, allows commercial use):

Q3Skybox-Collection (450 MB)

There is also a pack of preview-screenshots (9.4 MB)

A sweet tool to make your own Skyboxes:

Terragen 1

Here are some of the images made with it:

Terragen sample images

There is also Terragen 2, that allows to creation of even more realistic images, but i suppose its harder to use, so terragen 1 will do to make skyboxes for Half-Life, Quake 3, TFC, CS, Warsow, whatsoever.

Small example of how to use it

Terragen 1 video Tutorials

#9: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:46 pm
    ----
Textures-sets initially for Doom/Doom2, but work in other games too.

Afterglow @ doomworld

Realm 667

#10: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:44 pm
    ----
EvilLair's Page -- some pretty tech-style textures

#11: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:48 pm
    ----
Some GNU GPL'd all purpose textures: FOSS-media

#12: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 am
    ----
Nice collection of sprites fitting for a variety of games.

www.scirra.com/forum/l...43895.html

#13: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:42 am
    ----
Another nice collection of free tilesets, 3-models, sounds, .... just all kind of resources - cleanly sorted and categorized! :sexy:

www.reinerstilesets.de/

#14: Re: The "free texture-links"-threat Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 pm
    ----
Another decent collection. Mostly sprites.

opengameart.org/

-> Maps, Models and Mods