different hitsounds for openarena 0.8.0
-> Main

#1: different hitsounds for openarena 0.8.0 Author: aantiLocation: Frankfurt am Main PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:38 am
    ----
we all know that the default hitsound from openarena 0.8.0 is too quiet. i took the hitsound from urban terror and added it to a pk3. it works quite okay, its a bit strange but at least you can hear if you did hit it :)

i also added a pk3 with openarena 0.7.1 hitsounds..

enjoy!

update:
it works on pure servers when you first load a singleplayer map, propably some bug..(at least for me)

[Edit: removed pk3 with UrbanTerror hitsounds because of proprietary license... sound/feedback/hit.wav]

#2: Re: different hitsounds for openarena 0.8.0 Author: PopeJoLocation: precise! PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:30 am
    ----
nice idea, but it doesn't work for me.

can't connect to anywhere with this pack in baseoa :(

#3: Re: different hitsounds for openarena 0.8.0 Author: JokiLocation: at tiled stove PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:46 am
    ----
I use the q3 sounds.pk3 that includes q3 sounds, because the normal ones are just terrible. But its not working on pure servers, which are most. ;)

#4: Re: different hitsounds for openarena 0.8.0 Author: FalklandLocation: Nowhere PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:52 pm
    ----
aantipop wrote:
I took the hitsound from urban terror and added it to a pk3.

Sry aantipop , u can post the procedure with which to extract them , but I don't think that u are allowed to redistribute them .

#5: Re: different hitsounds for openarena 0.8.0 Author: [sXe]Location: Germany PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:13 pm
    ----
Jack can u upload this on the Tourney2 server?

#6: Re: different hitsounds for openarena 0.8.0 Author: jackthompsonLocation: Here PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:05 am
    ----
[sXe wrote:
"]Jack can u upload this on the Tourney2 server?

done :D

#7: Re: different hitsounds for openarena 0.8.0 Author: aantiLocation: Frankfurt am Main PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:34 am
    ----
okay its simple:

- create a folder "sound", with a subfolder "feedback"
- into this subfolder you put your desired hitsound called "hit.wav"
- create a zip archive of this folder. rename this archive into "something.pk3" (better add a late alphabet letter in front of the name, to make sure it gets loaded in the end and not overwritten by another pk3)
- put this file into baseoa

youre done

#8: Re: different hitsounds for openarena 0.8.0 Author: dairuLocation: Here PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:12 am
    ----
Joki wrote:
I use the q3 sounds.pk3 that includes q3 sounds, because the normal ones are just terrible.
you bastard

-> Main