1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum, this is called 'on-topic'. You should make sure to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
2. You should post in a way that is respectful towards other users
. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning, possible to account suspension.
3. If you as a member notice an issue which contradict with the rules, then you are welcome to send a PM to any of the Moderators, or Administrators of the Rainbow Networks.
4. You should at all times remember that this forum is aimed at a general audience
. Posting pornographic or generally offensive, racist texts, images, links, videos e.t.c. will not be tolerated
and will lead to a warning, possible account suspension or even deletion.
5. You are also asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, e.t.c. Linking to, or asking for information on warez, crackz, e.t.c. or re-printing material without permission will result in a warning and that post will be removed from our forum.
6. We ask you to try and post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is, you should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, e.t.c. Using ALL CAPS LETTERS
are usually a way of shouting and many users find this annoying, so try to avoid that, especially when creating new topics. Also excessive use of ! and ? in both topic titles and posts should be avoided. If you are insecure to as what common practice for forum usage is, take a closer look at this wiki
. Consistent abuse of improper writing will result in a warning.
7. Be informative when posting a new topic. Writing "Help Me" does not provide enough details to other members, but "Open Arena Won't Start" is a better example of a descriptive header.
8. You are welcome to use the Dopefish Bowl
for general conversations, but remember that special rules apply
for that part of the golden pot, you find them here
9. Spam is not
tolerated here under any circumstances. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, promotion, solicitation e.t.c. Recruiting of any sort, be it for paid or unpaid jobs, is not permitted either. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
10. You agree that the moderators and administrators of the Rainbow Networks hold the right to, at any given time, edit or remove any post as they see fit. The determination of what is indecent, vulgar, sexual contents, spam e.t.c (as noted in these rules) is up to moderators and administrators to decide, not the individual users.
11. The above forum rules also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging system as a whole.
12. When posting videos as embedded links in your posts you should ensure that the contents of these follow the guidelines within this set of rules. You also acknowledge the fact that you are only allowed 1 (one) embedded video per post
. This is to ensure easy administration and prevent abuse of the embedding service. Failure to comply with this rule will result in the videos being removed.
1. Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6kB in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed.
2. Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
3. Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. You may not include links in a way which suggests you offer services of sexual nature or other offensive material.
You may not link to warez, porn or political, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
1. Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own. User defined avatars are to be no larger than 100 pixels square, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of crew members), may not exceed 6kB in filesize and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
2. Avatars are subject to the same conditions
as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
3. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
1. As a general rule of thumb, we impose a three-strike rule
, meaning that you can get 3 (three) warnings and after that your account will be suspended, pending deletion. Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the administrators.
2. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban
will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
3. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact any other rainbow member personally and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
4. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While we may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence, so be careful and respect each other.