the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm16
Players: 3 / 18
The golden pot › DEV › Maps, Models and Mods › dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie
dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie
There are worlds waiting to be explored and objects to be made. Enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMaps, Models and Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marvin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

I have noticed that in some point of the game, all players are crowded into the little space on the screenshot (down the stairs). If I'm correct, one camper stands on the top of stairs, attracts another camper, which lures those who are annoyed by campers, including rest of the players :)

I'd like to suggest removing that respawn point, and removing granade launcher. Then it would be useful to put a shotgun there for close contact on the stairs.

oa_dm4ish_detail.jpg
 Description:
OpenArena screen of dm4ish map (detail).
 Filesize:  18.79 KB
 Viewed:  4204 Time(s)

oa_dm4ish_detail.jpg

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

I suggest removing the camper by coming from the other side...

You can also molest campers on oa_dm6 or dm6ish by shooting rockets and grenades through the hole...

I think in one of both you can even enter the room through the hole..
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

Quote::

Yeah, camp the campers, it's quite rewarding. And I have to say it, dropping some little rockets down the stairs gives you the feeling of power God must feel when he plays OA and fires rockets down the stairs...Ah, they all fall like flies...Can you smell it, sun? It smells to...VICTORY. There's nothing like the smell of burnt noobs in the morning.

Seriously now, in which Rainbow server is this map? Sure we could do any modification, but that wouldn't affect the servers where you probably play it...

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:
It smells to...VICTORY.

2:2 :blarg:

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

im gona chopp ur hed adn trhow it donw ur nekc

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:
Can you smell it, sun? It smells to...VICTORY. There's nothing like the smell of burnt noobs in the morning.

"Apocalypse Now" :D hahaha... god... you even like the same quotes as I do... we should freaking marry each other and safe tax money dude...
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

"Apocalypse Now" :D hahaha... god... you even like the same quotes as I do... we should freaking marry each other and safe tax money dude...

I knew you would like it, we should have some drinks at some time with each other's friends, I bet we'd laugh to death hearing from each other the same kind of bullshit.

I'm gonna leave it here, otherwise we make a sort of IRC channel out of the forums.

Marvin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

jackthompson wrote:

"Apocalypse Now" :D hahaha...

Huh... It seems I cannot run away from Conrad's novella "Heart of Darkness" - working on it. Resing from it in in OA. (Coppola moved the events into Vietnam, in the novella it is in Africa.)

OK. I'm gonna camp the camper of the camper's camper.

kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

Huh... It seems I cannot run away from Conrad's novella "Heart of Darkness" - working on it. Resing from it in in OA. (Coppola moved the events into Vietnam, in the novella it is in Africa.)

Man, that book still holds one of my personal records, that of leaving it closer to its end...at about 7-10 pages to finish I disgustingly threw it away. The distant second is "The mother" by Gorky, at about 50-70 pages to complete it. Unbearable.

OK. I'm gonna camp the camper of the camper's camper.

That's the attitude. If you feel things might improve somehow don't hesitate in making more suggestions, but keep in mind what I said about us only being able to offer the possible improvements in the Rainbow networks.

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

I'd read far into "Ulysses" when I realized (for myself) that Joyce is a bloat-addicted master-braggart.
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

I'd read far into "Ulysses" when I realized (for myself) that Joyce is a bloat-addicted master-braggart.

Heh...reading that is one of the things I said to myself I'll do when I grow up...

W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: dm4ish - possible suggestion by a newbie Reply with quote

This is going way off-topic, continue discussions about quotes and reading in another topic if you please.

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Maps, Models and Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: