the Rainbow Networks
RN|VQ3 DEFRAG
Map: si
Players: 0 / 18

+++eXy FFA
Map: unitooldm4
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Tech & Support › Some Mouse & Keybord Tweakings
Some Mouse & Keybord Tweakings
Something wrong with our servers or your system?
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTech & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Mouse & Keybord Tweakings Reply with quote

You're welcome :D

At some point I might even rewrite all this and import it as game-unspecific tuning tips into the wiki... or so...
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Mouse & Keybord Tweakings Reply with quote

We really should start filling up stuff on the wiki...

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Mouse & Keybord Tweakings Reply with quote

I have no idea what the mouse stuff is about or if it makes any diff :/

I also have 400dpi but instead of using a mouse pad I use sheets of A4 paper ;P It enables you to smoothly slide mouse and slower your rate. I know some ppl use a desk, I did try this but it was too sensitive for me. I guess it depends what your used to.

I play mostly on 1.16 and find some servers will have an effect on the mouse, it's strange but maybe thats just settings I have with different mod configs and they dont get updated when I change server. Sometimes you have to do in_restart ? to reset some changes.

I dont think any mouse dpi above 800 would make a difference in normal play unless your using zoom stuff, which I dont. If lag stuff starts happening on higher spec mice then I think I'll avoid em.

btw.. I dont know if this will help but if you goto a noghost server, there are some on 1.32 and see how the movement feels there. Most have pmove_fixed off and use pmove_accurate instead. This calculates the physics not by the clients fps, but uses the CPU to calculate movement. You see this on the lagometer when turning on/off pmove_fixed on the server. Playing with 60 fps will still give you the same movement as someone with 125 fps. Fair for everyone but I also find the movment feels so much better to control on vq3 and slightly different

I like TDM and pmove_accurate so I guess thats why im mostly on 1.16.
[sXe]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Mouse & Keybord Tweakings Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:
Sometimes you have to do in_restart ? to reset some changes.

I dont think any mouse dpi above 800 would make a difference in normal play unless your using zoom stuff, which I dont. If lag stuff starts happening on higher spec mice then I think I'll avoid em.

Only if u change in_xxx/e.g. mouse but there are only a few parameters afaik.

Well even 800 DPI mice are those standard office mice nowadays. But try at least a 1600 DPI gamer mouse. U will feel the difference: No stutter while quick turns, more smoothness and better accuracy including high controlled precision let u exploit more of ur skill. Believe me guys a good selected mouse may change your game experiences ;D

I even hav noticed that there are differences in mouse pads. While plastic pads gives u more slide effect, cloth pads hav less slide effect. Therefor u feel more control at quick movements so that's why I prefer in general cloth pads. But myself use a special one with PIC technologie=Plastic Into Cloth. So I enjoy both advantages a gamer mousepad should hav :sexy:

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Mouse & Keybord Tweakings Reply with quote

This is one thing Ive wondered about because I can easily move mouse to the next pixel on screen which is perfect for me.. would higher dpi help?

I think mine is 800 rather than 400 as i said earlier. I have resolution set at 800 and r_picmip 1. I guess if I increase my res it would maybe make a difference but I've not noticed any difference on a 19" monitor. I dont think I would want any higher resolution as I tend to use the low res textures for shadows and I know where to do jump from/to or turn at an angle at a certain area that cant be seen on higher res

Im not a gamer though and definately limited in technical stuff ;P , maybe thats why it might not apply to me. heh I still like to learn and never afraid to ask stupid questions though so that cant be a bad thing :sexy:
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Mouse & Keybord Tweakings Reply with quote

[sXe wrote:
"]I even hav noticed that there are differences in mouse pads. While plastic pads gives u more slide effect, cloth pads hav less slide effect. Therefor u feel more control at quick movements so that's why I prefer in general cloth pads. But myself use a special one with PIC technologie=Plastic Into Cloth. So I enjoy both advantages a gamer mousepad should hav :sexy:

So maybe this is the difference, the surface. I cant use fabric mouse pad because I am not able to move the mouse gently on the surface. If I had higher dpi then i guess it would mean that it would help, but I would have to change my sens so that I would be moving my mouse more to move 1 degrees? Lower sens is of course better than higher sens for movment but I still dont think I could use a fabric mouse pad.

Funny thing is.. that even with paper there is slight friction which kind of helps me stop moving the mouse where i want it. After a while I even notice the surface gets smoother because of the pressure of the mouse.. so I just remove the top sheet of paper for a new mouse pad :sexy:

This is just one of the ridiculous things I do or have noticed.. but of course it's just something that feels comfortable with as I am a poor player and I know this wont change. I have slow reaction time and maybe thats an age thing hehee.
[sXe]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Mouse & Keybord Tweakings Reply with quote

Ok I know that some players use glass or even a wood plate as a surface but a sheet of paper? Sry ur weird! :O)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Tech & Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: