the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm17
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › DEV › Maps, Models and Mods › aggressor3 (was aggressor2)
aggressor3 (was aggressor2)
There are worlds waiting to be explored and objects to be made. Enjoy.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMaps, Models and Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Nice suggestions, lets see if someone is willing to work on them, could be interesting.

The parallel between OS/Version/Driver shouldn't be disturbing as it is the way it is. I might contradict myself but you don't see a problem if we upload all prior versions leading up to Aggressor3-002?

I mean, aggressor2-01
aggressor2-02
aggressor2-03
aggressor2-04
aggressor3-001
aggressor3-002
...you see where I'm going?

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Oh, I just thought of sumtin. Doh, you are proposing to put the portal leading to the new room by the rail? I dont think thats a good idea, that could again help the guy up there who has the rail. I'd put it in the bend in the corridor leading from the RL (original aggressor RL position) to the room where the GL is. What do you think? There is a spwnpoint, that could help the one who just got fraged and respwned there get to the new room and have some room to breathe?

Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Another thing, removing that ledge leading to mega-health will result in only more experienced players being able to reach the mega since it requires a circle jump from the second, or third, step to reach it.

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
dohgob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Let's make one thing clear.
All my suggestions are based on Aggressor2. One of the earlie versions with 3 YAs and wider corridor to the new room.

SnooSnoo wrote:
I'd put it in the bend in the corridor leading from the RL (original aggressor RL position) to the room where the GL is.
Horrible idea. But we should try it before judging anyway.[/quote]

W1ZrD, I get it but lets just put the original, Aggressor2 (the one mentioned above) and Aggressor3. No 1000 different versions.

W1ZrD wrote:
Another thing, removing that ledge leading to mega-health will result in only more experienced players being able to reach the mega since it requires a circle jump from the second, or third, step to reach it.

Not necessarily. I am not for complete removal. A few centimeters on stairs side should be enough even for complete noobs since a straight jump will be enough imo.
SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Ye, I'd like to see all our ideas put on one experimental map so we can see how it works.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Quote::
I already tried. My attempt proved useless as the mapper (h3per) doesn't care about the gameplay.

sigh. :ops:

it's not that i don't care about gameplay, it's just that i don't understand it because i'm not really a gamer. because this is the case i have to rely on feedback from better players. i actually got feedback from a lot of players and there were several suggestions that most people agreed on, so i went with those.

your suggestions might have actually been the best ones, but since i have no way of knowing that i went with the democratic option. sorry.
dohgob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

I am more of a dictator type, so I will, yet again, try to force my will. :<
But I am trying to accomplish that with argument. People will follow whatever you do with the map. Just give them something better to play with. Or at least try.

Now, lets put some portals here and there :asg:

The second one is going to need a ledge right in front of it. A really small ledge though, only enough so the player can jump from it. Let me show you.

Obviously inspired by aerowalk :grin:
SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Well, if you dont like my portal idea, how about that jump ledge to get to RA in the new room. Mind you, it would be the only way of getting it w/o the need of rockets/nades/plasma?

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

I don't mind it.
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

OK. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have done several things, all of them starting from aggressor3-004 (the one with the dim light). I had other maps to start from but since I wasn't very organized this was the only one with both the extra detail, textures and lighting. DO NOT worry if there is more stuff than expected, it's quite easy to destroy, not so much to create. Hence, if there are too many corridors or something we can just remove the ones we don't like. So basically:

-load aggressor3-004 in your mind.

Plus:

-"new" corridor from new room at the basement level to teleporter room, as in one of hyp3rfocus versions.
-completely removed the small balcony/bridge/whatever to mega health.
-one way portal from old rocket launcher to new ledge above spawn point in grenade launcher room.
-tiny, tiny ledge in new room allowing jumping to red armour.
-more light intensity. Somebody please tell me whether it's OK now.

Right:

-I don't know about tactical 1vs1 game play, but I believe it's quite funny for DM. Just tried out with loads of bots. Perhaps we want two different versions of the map, I don't know...
-Jump to mega is perfectly feasible, but circle jump is required. Not too difficult, although in the middle of the battle eveything gets harder and it's easy with a simple shoot to avoid somebody taking the item (which is good, in my opinion).
-Snoo's jump to red armour is quite difficult, more than the MH one--and probably less than the stairs jump. Although it's possible to tweak it more I'd almost leave it as it is, perhaps just a few nanometres easier.
-New portal offers new possibilities of game play, but it may be tempting for some players to take rocket launcher and camp in the new ledge (what do you think, Prophet?). Also, it makes that side of the map rather busy since there's already a spawn point there (and that room was already quite populated).
-Four entrance points to the new room...As I said, now it's extremely easy to remove any of them when we want.

Enter the map name in the console and, if anybody fancies, add bots from the menu:

www.4shared.com/file/2...ental.html

PS. I'm aware of the texture corruption/lack in a couple of points.
PS2. I haven't touched whatsoever the item's placement. Speak out loud.

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

The jumpledge is not working out, I just tested it on the work pc so its not a given, but i think it should be on the same level as the top of the stairs, and please, just a flat surface, you could make it look like a wooden beam emerging from the wall, maybe...

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

kernel_panic is it possible to load aggressor2 final (3 YA's, only one, upper, corridor to the new room and no stairs to rail) please?

You could also place a smaller ledge out of the new one-way portal. Or...

Use mine suggestions - make it two-way portal with a small ledge. But it should be placed as shown at the pic.

Please :) There are some other things but let's try this first. I simply don't like it the way it is now (aggressor3). Its more of a FFA map now. We need something for duel too.

Jump to MH is impossible for me. At least here at work.

Last edited by dohgob on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Quote::
The jumpledge is not working out, I just tested it on the work pc so its not a given, but i think it should be on the same level as the top of the stairs, and please, just a flat surface, you could make it look like a wooden beam emerging from the wall, maybe...

The jump is possible, I did it several times. What would you like? I don't want to make it easy, there are other maps for that. True, as it is now it may be better to plama climb from the other side for the chances to have it right are probably higher than trying the ledge. I can play a bit with it to make it slighty more feasible, but it's not that I put it hard on purpose. Actually, you're asking something that's simply not possible. There's no way you can cover that height with a flat surface. I can give you the figures this afternoon and maybe W1zrd or Gunnarbot can remind us what's the maximum height you can jump. I believe the vertical distance from the stairs level to the RA ledge is about 110-120 units, being the height of a player 56. Do you see what I mean?

On the other hand, I guess you trained more than a bit at work to have the stairs jump right, didn't you?

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Hehe, ok, Ill try it now at home and give you feedback later.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Ok the small ledge works!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Maps, Models and Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: