the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: rq3dm4
Players: 5 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Tech & Support › Konfig ;-)
Konfig ;-)
Something wrong with our servers or your system?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTech & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lini
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

Hi guys
it is never ending thema and story ...
Trustly I have to say you my last hope ... otherwise I'm done with OA
... I have game lag ...
but ... it is not Internet lag... its more game bug...
Problem: I'm faster then my rockets luncher, Rail is not precise, and I'm loosing piece of second during game (it's like millisekonds of game when I'm not participating ... broken film feeling) = I dont see flying garnade but I see them already exploding.
It doesnt matter if I play online or in single player modus. It's the same problem!!
My settings: see *.cfg
my Pc: Windows 7 Home 64 bit (is it problem for OA? i guess so) + 32 Mb Internet speed over LAN (directly from Fritz box 7270 with newest firmware) from Kabeldeutschland + Radeon 6900HD + AMD Phenom II X61090T + 8 Gb RAM
I did deinstalated Kaspersky=no changes
No services running=no changes
Internet traffic zero= no changes
No WiFi only LAN=no changes
I did already default settings=no changes
Quake Live=no problem
I have newest software and firmware.

I ask one more time: is it possible that OA has trouble with 64 bit system. What's your knowledge in this thema?
greetings

q3config.cfg
 Description:
 Filename:  q3config.cfg
 Filesize:  12.34 KB
 Downloaded:  164 Time(s)

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

It's possible you are experiencing input lag. Read up on it here. Make sure you dont have v-sync forced in the Catalyst control panel and tell me what's your monitor?

Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

SnooSnoo wrote:
It's possible you are experiencing input lag. Read up on it here. Make sure you dont have v-sync forced in the Catalyst control panel and tell me what's your monitor?

HI Snoo,

it's very interesting about vsync. I know you cannot turn it off in Windows 7, Microsoft team called it high priority thread its ''forced''.
And also under Catalyst control panel (im using newest version) you dont find it anymore. I find out a small tool where I can change it (on my own responsibility :-) ).
It seems to be a bit better, but not enough to play without lag feelinig.
I know that in my old *.cfg under Windows XP 32 bit I had a line with v_sync off but now I dont find it anymore in new *.cfg !!! why?? :O) .
Anyway, you ask about my TFT panel. It's ''Aldi'' panel. Medion MD30699PU, i bought it for 3 years, no drivers needed and Win 7 recognized it without problems with standard resolution is 1280/1024.
Any suggestions more?

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

You sure you cant see the v-sync option, because, I can. It's the "wait for vertical refresh" slider.

ccc.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.63 KB
 Viewed:  4572 Time(s)

ccc.jpg

Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

oh yes Snoo,
you are right but this is always off since tweak software and isn't only 3D?... but anyway it doesnt help.
But something more ... sometimes makes funny noises lige hang on sound during game something like gzzzgzgzgzgggzg short a few mmiliseconds.
but I'm sure you right it has 2 be something with this sh...
and what about TFT?

clipboard02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.06 KB
 Viewed:  4567 Time(s)

clipboard02.jpg

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

Is the sound comming from your speakers? Try uninstalling your sound dirvers/software, then use Driver Sweeper in safe mode to clean anything left after the install and then install latest sound drivers.

If you have a creative soundcard, please google for PAX or Daniel K modded drivers for your creative soundcard.

Oh, and I see in your screenshot you have Tripple buffering enabled in OpenGl, why not try unticking that.

Another thing I'd recommend, try unticking IPv6 in your network adapeter settings.

Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

thanks Snoo,
this is a lot of tipps. I try all of it on weekend, and then I post it here what's happened. Now I gonna go to work ;-) :asg:

lini
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

Hi again,

i did it ...
new drivers for all hardware I have = nothing change
I turned off IPv6 = no change
and nun? :ops:

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

Hi lini,

on the weekend I tried to fix someone's PC. 2 PCs, almost 100% the same hardware and both run Win 7 (64 Bit). However 1 of the PCs runs completely smoothly without any problems, the other is "stuttering" a lot, processes pretty regularily freezing for a few seconds, sporadically it even died with a "INVALID_KERNEL_MODE"-bsod. I don't have much expertise about Win 7, but here are few things you might want to reconsider.

- Even if Windows 7 automatically installs drivers for all the hardware, you STILL should not use the legacy-drivers, but go to the homepage of the manufacturer of your mainboard and get the recent drivers. It really did fix a lot of problems in my case. You can download a tool like CPU-Z to read what Mainboard you exactly have. Also make sure to use the 64-Bit versions of the drivers. ;)

- Same happened with the sounddriver. Win 7 automatically found a drivers that seemed fine, but it was causing several problems. If you are having such problems, i would definitively go to the webpage of your hardware's manufaturer and download the correct and latest one.

I will look at your config this evening, i am somewhat in a hurry. :)

Edit: You could also post the link to a hardware log with a tool like SiSoft Sandra that can create a full report of hardware and possible problems of mis-configuration.

See you

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

Your config is working fine with my comp.

How exactly does it look when you enable cg_Drawfps 1 and com_maxfps 0? Is it just constantly low fps, or freezing periodically or just stopping for the split of a second periodically?

Are you having problems with any other game?

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

The only thing I have to add is a general note. Only intel chipset drivers pass on TRIM commands from windows to SSD's. So, ppl with AMD chipsets should use windows drivers for the southbridge (SATA controller) unless, like me, they run a RAID array. TRIM is very important for the performance of SSD's!

That said, I had horrible lags (randomly appearing and freezing me up while playing OA and QL) that I attributed to my windows installs when I moved to w7 and this appartment. 3 years later I discovered that Universal Plug and Play on my router was the culprit! Alhough I doubt it's something like that @ your place...

Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

Hi guys,
i have newest BIOS, drivers for all hardware also. Still runing Win 7 64 bit since 1 year ...
the funniest is I have new problems (the old trouble are not resolved):
- ping is going up and down 50-130 only on ''(Z) fastweap small map server''
- the game freeze randomly and the whole Win 7 hang on ---> helps only hard reset
i give up and play Battlefield 3
bb

lini
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Konfig ;-) Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
Your config is working fine with my comp.

How exactly does it look when you enable cg_Drawfps 1 and com_maxfps 0? Is it just constantly low fps, or freezing periodically or just stopping for the split of a second periodically?

Are you having problems with any other game?

* com_maxfps 0
the fps timer goes till 800 fps and freeze = I cannot move

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Tech & Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: