the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3tourney4
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › October - 2007
October - 2007
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: artificial life Reply with quote

This is really a controversial case and regardless of what anyone may argue, I still say my opinion: this is not something that should be played around with. Full stop.

Quote::
The DNA sequence is based on the bacterium Mycoplasma genitalium which the team pared down to the bare essentials needed to support life, removing a fifth of its genetic make-up.
Why don't we get some neurologically enhanced substitution for a brain also? Oh wait, that would mean that I would obey whoever created me according to Isaac Asimov when he already in the 50's wrote the three rules for a robot
  • 1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  • 2. A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  • 3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
So the same thing would be applied to 'humans' to make sure that we don't run amok?

Well, there will no longer be 'humans' with deficiencies, so that will be the solution to having ugly, fat, stupid, handicapped, people. Also we'd solve over-population in China (Who needs abortion laws), no more 'mentally retarded people', no more paedophiles and while we're at it, get rid of all the Africans, Chinese, Japanese, Scandinavians, French, Greek e.t.c because who needs heritage and nationality anyway?

Enforcing such an act of imbalance in nature will result in our own extinction, not today, not tomorrow, but in a century or two. So, it would be easiest to say: why care?

Let Venter decide who you are...how you look, how you act, how you think, how you live...

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Dear God.. Reply with quote

:rotfl:

deargod.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  389.26 KB
 Viewed:  3192 Time(s)

deargod.jpg

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: artificial life Reply with quote

This is why we have brains. I think its all part of evolution. Just because we have freedom of choice (to some extent) doesen't mean tihs is not evolution. Wether the choices are good or bad, i still regard them as part of the world evolving.

There will allways be ppl who will use knowledge for theyr own purposes. And i know not everything can be controlled, but if this enables scientists to make whole organs for instance to save somebodys life, who am i to deny him his life? I agree we do not fully understand what life acctualy is, but I dont think of theese things as playing god. God gave us the power to discover the mysteries of life. It is up to us to choose wich way to go to final enlightement.

So my oppinion is: This is exactly what we have to play around with to understand ourselves and the universe. Full stop. The only thing we can argue about is in the ways of the use and application of that knowledge.

Walking Legend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: FPS Doug - Boom Headshot!! Reply with quote

Insom! Nice to see you too :blarg:
rashdawg
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Got juice? Reply with quote

Oh yeah SnooSnoo is right Lotus Elise. The Espirit is kinda more of a supercar. The Elise is the small sports car. The Elise does have a very nice shape.
Edit duh I didnt even read that you said it was made by Lotus. That makes sense now. They just use an existing platform and electrify it.
-ME-
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Dear God.. Reply with quote

Duuude, this is really nice.!! :D

Thx!

-ME-
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: artificial life Reply with quote

Dudes, Im agree with u snoo and I share ur opinions, I would like to say more, but its hard 4 <<ME>> to tell u in English.. ;D

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: 300 trailer with cats! Reply with quote

ROTFL!

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: artificial life Reply with quote

Remember your first steps with a computer? You could describe most of the parts, but their exact purpose was a mystery. You just knew, that it, somehow, worked. You could remove the parts and put them into another case and, if wou were lucky enough, it worked as well. But you didn´t know what this funny box and that nice red cable were for. I think that´s our current level of knowledge in the filed of genetics. We can describe the human genome, but, in most cases, we don´t know what the specific genes do. The only way to find out is to do experiments. Only then the human genome changes can be done properly, and thus allowed. I find Venter´s research extremely benefical, even though it is controversal and can be misused. As I understand it, creating an AI is not on the schedule.

W1ZrD wrote:
Well, there will no longer be 'humans' with deficiencies, so that will be the solution to having ugly, fat, stupid, handicapped, people...

Good point W1z, this could indeed end with this. This is what I find most dangerous here.

Ehm...sry for this post, I wanted to make it more interesting, but I´ve found no appropriate pictures :grin:
PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: 300 trailer with cats! Reply with quote

:ops: this is more evil than the real one :harr:

hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Dear God.. Reply with quote

:)

frag-noobs.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.56 KB
 Viewed:  3173 Time(s)

frag-noobs.png

hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: artificial life Reply with quote

Quote::
Well, there will no longer be 'humans' with deficiencies, so that will be the solution to having ugly, fat, stupid, handicapped, people...

we could get rid of those attention deficit disorder weirdos too. :)
SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Dear God.. Reply with quote

Dude! ROTFL! You make me laugh so hard! Thank you for that. :D

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: musicovery Reply with quote

i love this site. you can click anywhere in the box from dark to positive and from calm to energetic and it will give you some suggestions. click on one and it will play and show some more suggestions. you can also leave it playing in the background.

http://www.musicovery.com/

Last edited by hyp3rfocus on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Dear God.. Reply with quote

ahahaha, awesome dude :)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: