the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3tourney3
Players: 4 / 18
The golden pot › DEV › Art and design › OA video
OA video
3d, Photoshop, GIMP or pen & paper, this is where you find it all.
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexArt and design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gummi
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

And sure reply to my message, and tell me im wrong, even ban me if you wish. I just don't enjoy elitist looking down on players who deserve praise, and not accusations of wrong doing. I know a lot of good players who left oa exactly for this reason. :(
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

i will leave oa when falkland doesn't call me a cheater too... :(

how hard do i have to shoot that man?
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

Gummi, what are you talking about? I'm sure there was some missunderstanding somewhere. I don't think that the attitude you described is usually found in the Rainbow forum. I honestly think we are quite friendly; but of course, I say this as an insider, so perhaps this isn't always true.

Look, if you have been following the forum for a while you'll know that Falkland (and others) have been told that they shouldn't publicy accuse other players of cheating. If I remember correctly, the policy is something like sending one of the admins a demo so they can judge. Now, one of the things I like of this forum is that admins are (usually) flexibe. So here we are, yet one more time learning about Falkland's obsession with cheating. If you read this thread again you'll see that we all take it very lighty and with sense of humour--and we actually agree with you! (cause you didn't buy the story about the machines, did you?). Actually, have you contemplated the possibility that even Falkland may be pulling our legs with this issue? (*). And what do you actually propose? To ban somebody for posting what Falkland wrote? Don't you think that that would be too much?

Speaking about which, where did you take the idea that people over here gets banned for disagreeing? The day that it happens I'll leave the forum with you, that's for sure. As for the elitist attitude...I think very few players from the regulars over here could afford it; the very vast majority of us are pretty average jedis (although with an exquisite sense of humour).

And of course, please keep disagreeing, it's very good for everybody's health (no kidding).

(*) You're right, though, being a joke wouldn't justify it in case it was offensive.

gummi
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying.
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

gummi wrote:
Thanks for clarifying.

AMEN !!!
gummi
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

Falkland wrote:
gummi wrote:
Thanks for clarifying.

AMEN !!!

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

gummi wrote:

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Now that u've uploaded your avatar I feel so scared ....

btw , is Rooster's explanation only a bit resonable of how he could make that railshots ? Seriously ? ... Which point did he take in his mind to shot kernel_panic in oa_ctf2 ? Why did he not post all the demos collection used for producing that video ?

Tell him to make a rar wih ALL the demos used and to upload the rar archive somewhere.
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

Maybe you are giving him too much credit. Lots of people shoot blindly especially at spawn points or where you hear the noise.

You dont ALWAYS hit a target intentionally.. even if it looks that way. People may say they meant it... but in a game of TDM freeze it happens lots of times... alot of the times you shoot just as an enemy spawns and hit them.

When you have weapons but have no targets that doesnt mean your weapons are useless. :/
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:
You dont ALWAYS hit a target intentionally.. even if it looks that way. People may say they meant it... but in a game of TDM freeze it happens lots of times... alot of the times you shoot just as an enemy spawns and hit them.

Which is exactly what the author of the video said it happened:

Quote::
at about 3:16 in the movie [...] I flip and shoot at the wrong location and miss. However, luckily someone, the model that looks like a gargoyle, had the misfortune of spawning and getting in the way. So I hit him instead which is why that one made it into the movie.

gummi
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

Falkland wrote:

Tell him to make a rar wih ALL the demos used and to upload the rar archive somewhere.

What would that prove Falkland? We are all cheating get over it.
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

Just tell him to upload the demos collection.
pulchr
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

tell him yourself if it's so important to you :)

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

He probably just /record'd every game and out hours after hours of gaming there should be a few remarkable minutes without problems.
And this "flickshot" railing is ... well.. boring, but some people think its cool.
Which is totally WRONG of course!!! :blarg:
ROCXETTE LUNCHERRRR IS SEE ONLI COOOOOL WENWAPON THEREE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Oh, and a CATLAUNCHER of course...

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: OA video Reply with quote

While waiting for all Rooster's demos collection , I've given a look to this : www.own-age.com/vids/13653
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Art and design All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: