the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm3
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › DEV › Maps, Models and Mods › aggressor3 (was aggressor2)
aggressor3 (was aggressor2)
There are worlds waiting to be explored and objects to be made. Enjoy.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMaps, Models and Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Quote::
Here two wallbugs I hav just found in aggressor_experimenal:

Thanks, I wasn't aware of those two. I'll fix them in whatever forthcoming version of the map I end up doing.

I'm thinking in finishing this the sooner the better, by the way. I'm kind of loosing enthusiasm about it, and for a very simple reason: I've been playing regular Aggressor 1on1 a lot recently, and the map kicks ass so hard that I now don't believe there is much room for improvements. Nonetheless, some of you said that you like the "extended" version of it, so I thought about putting and end to this by doing a final version (polished and all) of:

-Aggressor_experimental. I think it is quite OK for FFA, sometimes the normal map is too crowded that becomes unplayable.
-Aggressor_noRS_noGP (the one currently in RN#2). Quick 1on1 map with more space to breathe and hence less map control.
-Aggressor_tweaked. The last experiment I'm willing to do. Just normal Aggressor with the 2 new portals (that everybody think work quite well).

If we all agree this is a solution I'll put my hands on it. Some things are already done, like taking rid of the corner you crash against when exiting the new portal and details like that. Some are still to do, like the missing/wrong textures and the step in the new room, which I plan to convert to a normal mini-balcony (so it doesn't break the looking of the room) and tweak it so it's more feasible to perform the jump. If there is something you think it could be better regarding weapons/items placement let me know.

[sXe]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Ah I 4got another place

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Is there a new version of this map available?

Modified (former ce1m7) is in the rotation of RN|CORKSCREW, btw. and people seem to like it.
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Modified (former ce1m7) is in the rotation of RN|CORKSCREW, btw. and people seem to like it.

I've been very busy partying and stuff, I'll try to have everything done by this week...

W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:

You go boy, that's the way :)
Use the Open Source Standard, it's done when it's done..

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

OK, first final version of one of the three I want to finish. This is aggressor_noRS_noGP, meaning regular aggressor+hyper's room+2 portals+minor details.

For some reason the screenshot doesn't appear in my skirmish menu, although you can select the map from there. I'm sick of this so if anybody wants to extract the .pk3 and double check whatever I might have left out, please DO IT. The source .map file is included too.

If no bugs are encountered and light is MORE OR LESS alright (God, tell me it is right this time) I'll leave this version as it is and focus on finish the other two (regular aggressor+2 portals and aggressor+hyper's room+rail stairs+ground passageway).

Download link:

www.4shared.com/file/3..._noGP.html

kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Second version of the three I mentioned. This time I was lazy and just did the easy job: aggressor + 2 extra portals. It plays quite well, but it may be a carnage for now it's easier to move around and spawn-kill your opponent.

I still haven't found out what the hell I'm doing wrong so I can't make the map to appear in the skirmish menu. Please somebody do something about it, everything is contained in the .pk3 file.

**EDIT**
But thanks to Hyp3rfocus it's OK now:

www.4shared.com/file/3..._ext.htmll

Last edited by kernel_panic on Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

i took a look at the contents of the pk3 and the problem is that your bsp is called aggressor_ext.bsp but your arena file is called aggressor_noRS_noGP.arena. the arena file has to have the same name as the bsp for the game to associate them.

i renamed the arena file to aggressor_ext.arena and remade the pk3 and it showed up in the skirmish menu ok.
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Damn, I could've checked it for a century and wouldn't find it. Thanks, man. I'll replace that and upload it.

Done. I updated the link.

dohgob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:
Second version of the three I mentioned. This time I was lazy and just did the easy job: aggressor + 2 extra portals. It plays quite well, but it may be a carnage for now it's easier to move around and spawn-kill your opponent.

Great job mate, great job. Although I appreciate the work done, I sure will ask you to implement a few minor changes. Maybe I have to play a few games before judging but I believe you should bring back the good old 3 YA's scheme.

If you want to mess with the Mega Health, you might think about making it spawn 2 minutes after someone pick it. As it is now, whoever gets rail first (or take the first kill) wins or at least takes a few 5 free frags because his opponent has to roam without any protection for about 10-15 seconds, even more.

And it will get worse if you got himself killed again, hence additional spawnrape. I tell you it's hard to avoid that on a small, tight map like Aggressor. Especially with no amours.

Anyway, if 3 YA's is too much for you, bring back only the lower YA, the one under the stairs near RL. And think about 2 min Mega Health spawn.

p.s. I still like the map as it is now :) Is it available on the servers?
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Although I appreciate the work done, I sure will ask you to [...]

I sure knew it.

If you want to mess with the Mega Health, you might think about making it spawn 2 minutes after someone pick it.

That's an idea. Another one could be to not making it appear from the start of the game, this way the first movement wouldn't be running to get it, which is quite boring already.

[...] spawnrape [...]

That's a problem, and quite annoying. One partial solution would be to put more spawn points in the map. I know there are not many more spots, but something could be done. A more drastical and invasive approach would be to put a single spawn point in some room outside the main map, where the player could get some portals and choose where in the map to appear.

Anyway, if 3 YA's is too much for you [...]

It's not that it's too much or too less, it was just a modification to try to bring some balance; many players think that the amount of armour in Agressor is excessive. With the extra portals the map is very fast and may not be the same, I don't know.

These sort of changes, anyway, are easy to do, so I can happily do them, but I'd like to hear from more people and play the map, so we know what we're talking about.

hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

kernel, you starting to sympathize with Sisyphus yet? :hihi:

i've been playing a bit of urban terror and something i really like is that there are no pickups or powerups anywhere in the game. the players select the kit they want before they spawn and the only stuff they can pick up is ammo or weapons dropped by other players. so the mapper doesn't have to bother with any of that crap, they just get to concentrate on making a map. sounds like a lot less hassle.
dohgob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:
I sure knew it.
I am glad you understand.

That's an idea. Another one could be to not making it appear from the start of the game, this way the first movement wouldn't be running to get it, which is quite boring already.
You do that, plus 2 min delay after someone picks it.

That's a problem, and quite annoying. One partial solution would be to put more spawn points in the map. I know there are not many more spots, but something could be done. A more drastical and invasive approach would be to put a single spawn point in some room outside the main map, where the player could get some portals and choose where in the map to appear.
This won't work. I know a few guys that will abuse it any time they can. Mainly young jedis such as Unnamed Player and Annihiluz (correct spelling?). Trust me, I know what I am talking about. That's the main reason no one did that in the past - huge abuse potential.
Imagine someone with great desire for win. And put him in a lead. Now I guarantee that once he get fragged, he will stay there and wait till the end, "playing" it safe. Sweet...

It's not that it's too much or too less, it was just a modification to try to bring some balance; many players think that the amount of armour in Agressor is excessive.
I am pretty sure most of them never really tried the current version. I have to agree though. But that's because there is Mega Health spawning every 35 seconds.

With the extra portals the map is very fast and may not be the same, I don't know.
It won't be the same.

These sort of changes, anyway, are easy to do, so I can happily do them
I was hoping you would say that. Again, thanks for your time mr. kernel_panic
[sXe]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Yay finally Aggressor 3 is running again on the 1v1 server. So wot about any developing afford? :]

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

I think you should be concentrating more on team games :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Maps, Models and Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: