the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: ztn3dm1
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › Racism and vote spamming.
Racism and vote spamming.
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gunnarbot
Trickjumping Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

This is good behaviour. ThrillKill also goes under the nick -CarnivorE-.
He's been acting good all the other times i've played with him, but here he flips out because the map was too hard for him.
He acted like a jerk and callvote spammed alot
Quote::
THRIllKIll: so press f1
THRIllKIll: take note go vote
THRIllKIll: YOU BASTARDS
THRIllKIll: F1
THRIllKIll: OMG
THRIllKIll: YOU BASTARDS
GunnarBot: go play offline instead of acting like a jerk :/
_TmG/^SpliNg: if you not happy leave
_TmG/^SpliNg: :p
THRIllKIll: but i want to play a new map
THRIllKIll: i want to download a new map
THRIllKIll: you french
_TmG/^SpliNg: yes and?
GunnarBot: there are alot of maps at jamster.ath.cx/defrag
_TmG/^SpliNg: im french so?
THRIllKIll: you are a fucking french
_TmG/^SpliNg: ...
THRIllKIll: i dont know why i hate frenchs
_TmG/^SpliNg: well
THRIllKIll: the english is just horrible
[!]K@i[!]: Spling Is Very nice And Come From France
THRIllKIll: and i hate them
THRIllKIll: and you are french
[!]K@i[!]: Slt Spling
_TmG/^SpliNg: why you hate french?
_TmG/^SpliNg: too good for you?
GunnarBot: dont argue with him
[!]K@i[!]: new Vote
GunnarBot: no votes.
Tcomp: so vote
_TmG/^SpliNg: thrillkll
_TmG/^SpliNg: go
THRIllKIll: go?
[!]K@i[!]: noob
THRIllKIll: i am a defragnoob if you mean me
THRIllKIll: and you are french
_TmG/^SpliNg: so?
THRIllKIll: not more to say...
GunnarBot: racism isnt accepted here i guess
_TmG/^SpliNg: french = ?
THRIllKIll: you are
_TmG/^SpliNg: yes im french so?
_TmG/^SpliNg: mostly of admin here are french
THRIllKIll: yes thats horrible
THRIllKIll: only frenchs here
THRIllKIll: could flip out
_TmG/^SpliNg: if you dont like french people go away...
THRIllKIll: why should YOU ruin my game
THRIllKIll: ?
[!]K@i[!]: wow
THRIllKIll: i just told you what i think
_TmG/^SpliNg: -_-
_TmG/^SpliNg: im french so i ruin your game?
THRIllKIll: i think the most ppl here dont understand you
THRIllKIll: better speak french with them

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

Last time I checked

/callvote kick [nick]

was enabled on all Defrag servers.

If that has changed in the meantime I (or W1ZrD) will enable it again.
apOunet
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

When admins will be presents on the servers, there wont be anymore racism... but there are no admins !!! :/
Sascha
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

Good players...ok. But that is very bad when they tick out :(
I think a admin have rights but when a map is to hard for 1,than he must be quiet with the bad words at other mates. It will be better when the cmd /callvote kick (Player) is enable.

If you watch for shaders or help (q3mapping) watch there
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

apOunet wrote:
When admins will be presents on the servers, there wont be anymore racism... but there are no admins !!! :/
I would say that we have more admins on our servers than anywhere else that I have seen.
First we have our global admins who has access to more or less all our servers, then we have the designated admins for designated servers. As for defrag runs, then we have an extensive list of admins but it might be about time to check who is active as an admin, and who is not.

Then we can also decide wheter we need new admins to replace the less active ones.

Additionally, something that everyone needs to keep in mind is the fact that I do not own all the rainbow servers myself. Some are hosted on furver by JockeTF and Soder, and some are hosted in Turkey by tuftuf.

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
prophet_muhamed
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

None of you find this attitude troubling? "Let's censor everything we don't like". Besides, are the french a distinct biological RACE? If not, how is it "racism"? I can't believe my own eyes here. Ppl taking screenshots of what other ppl write and stuff. Stop acting like Stasi everyone.

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

prophet_muhamed wrote:
None of you find this attitude troubling? "Let's censor everything we don't like". Besides, are the french a distinct biological RACE? If not, how is it "racism"? I can't believe my own eyes here. Ppl taking screenshots of what other ppl write and stuff. Stop acting like Stasi everyone.

Our servers our rules, dont like it go somewhere else.

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

That was a very intelligent reply. Very insightful indeed. Let's put that into the Constitution of your country ( whatever it is ).

W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

Other servers don't have any rules so there it's lawless country, here it isn't.
So either follow the rules that we have set, or go somewhere else. Fact is that players enjoy our servers because we don't want that kind of behavior from the players playing there.

prophet_muhamed
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

?!!!!

Right now (thank God!) there AREN'T ANY RULES on your servers ( other than fraglimit, timelimit etc ). So, if you want to uphold the status quo, keep it that way(and please leave CarnivorE alone). This is the first time I see an attempt by someone to censor what someone says in your servers.

Also: as far as I know the 2 most popular servers in the entire OA are "speed frags" and "no ctf maps". I'm not sure they belong to Rainbow. Rainbow is a distant 3rd with Aggressor.

And also, are French people of different skin color than the rest of Europe? Why is that "racism"? Should we call "Johnny English" and "Monthy Python's Holy Grail" racist movies as well?

W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

You should go and read the rules.

• First of all we respect each other while playing, this means that name-calling, abusing or in any other way harassing other players is not tolerated.
  • Using bad language, swearing or in other ways coming forth as aggressive to other players is also frown upon.
  • If you receive a warning from an adminstrator while playing on any of the Rainbow servers, then listen carefully as he/she has the power to kick, or even ban you if you fail to comply.
  • Abuse of the callvote function (on servers where allowed) is under no circumstances allowed. On example of this is to cast a vote, wait for an even number and then reconnect. Performing this action repeatedly may cause you to be banned from that server.
  • By connecting to a server in the Rainbow Networks you agree to having your IP address recorded and information to be saved from your sessions. This is for statistical and security reasons, your information will not be disclosed to 3:rd party companies unless the Rainbow Networks is required by law to give this information out.
  • Flooding the server with messages, or chat, is also not tolerated. Some servers, like DeFrag is running with sv_floodprotection 0, simply to increase playability. Spamming messages will result in you being kicked from the server.
  • Trying to gain access to any of the Rainbow Networks servers from other clients than that of Open Arena will be reported to authorities as attempted break-in attempts.
  • The maps and textures found within the Rainbow Networks is NOT licensed under the Open Arena GPL, so copy/use them on your own risk.
  • Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you allowed to make racist comments, or threats to other players, if this is reported, it will result in immediate ban.
  • An administrators word is final and may not be overruled

prophet_muhamed
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

?!!!

Are you saying that ppl read those rules before they play on Rainbow servers? Furthermore, are seriously suggesting that those rules are rigorously enforced? I mean, TECHNICALLY prostitution is forbidden in the Netherlands, but it's TOLERATED. All of those things you mentioned are de facto TOLERATED, because

1) No-one reads the rules before playing on Rainbow servers
(just like no-one reads Licence Agreements before installing new software)
2) Practically no-one (praise Allah!) bothers to report "violations"

So, the rules about "racism" are perfectly non-existent. If you claim that Rainbow's popularity can be attributed to Rainbow's rules ( as they really are, rather that what they are ON PAPER ), then you're really saying that part of Rainbow servers' popularity is its TOLERANCE of racist remarks etc

3) I'm quite sure that the most controvercial player BY FAR is PROphet_muhamed, not CarnivorE. And I've only been kicked from an OA server once ( and I don't even think it was a Rainbow server ) for the one rule that IS enforced: spamming the chat with repetitive messages (that's the one rule I agree is necessary, and it's the one rule that IS enforced, not just on paper).

4) The values of society reflect the values of its individual members. If EVERYONE starts having this dangerously relaxed attitude towards the suppression of free speech in the name of "suppressing racism" or "suppressing anti-semitism", I can assure you 1984 won't be far away.

Just think about it.

W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism and vote spamming. Reply with quote

Your country (Norway) does have rules also, just because you don't read the law doesn't mean it's legal to rob a bank there.
So, end of discussion. You are not controversial, you are annoying, that's a difference.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: