the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: hope
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › DEV › Maps, Models and Mods › Redo OA?
Redo OA?
There are worlds waiting to be explored and objects to be made. Enjoy.
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMaps, Models and Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:
I kinda need to test the rail sound because even at low volume, it can still cause a rumble if a users volume is high.

try to cut the low and very low frequencies ( < 20-30 Hz )
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

I kinda need to test the rail sound because even at low volume, it can still cause a rumble if a users volume is high.

i have modified both the hum (lower vol and smoother) and the fire sound has been modified
Speaker
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

@Joki:

I have already integrated the map into Q3MIN. I had to deal with some missing texture errors (blue_banner and red_banner). Also I replaced the OA logo in the flags and banners with our Q3MIN logo. To me it looks much better :) You will see when the next version is released (in a few days). BTW, why don't you come over to freeq3? Easier to discuss things.

Speaker

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Well i just added the .aas file to the .pk3, it wasnt in before. And is there a license for the "normal" oasago-map? Clown made the highfps version from the .map-version that was published on the forums i think and i just did another few changes to it. But if you want to publish it with q3min, someone might want to put the effort into it, to add crenelations again. But not with different brushes for each of them, but rather to have a whole side being one brush, but with a crenelation-shader.

This way you have good fps and still see the crenelations. Someone, who is slightly less lazy than me, shoud add this to oasago2j.

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
Added bot-support as requested. The bots seem to play ok.
Unlike the clown said, i dont notice any lower FPS now.

jockl.kilu.de/vault/ma...sago2j.pk3

Uploaded to furver.se, also overwrite your current one with it.

I have already got it. thanks. I am going to incorporate it to Q3MIN as the standard CTF map distributed in the package for testing CTF play. One thing: could you, please, send me / post the original README with credits , etc. I want to add it to the Q3MIN pack.

@chiquita:
Hey, I would like to get that new RG sound soon. The current one is just far too loud as other people already noted.

Speaker

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Added bot-support as requested. The bots seem to play ok.
Unlike the clown said, i dont notice any lower FPS now.

jockl.kilu.de/vault/ma...sago2j.pk3

Uploaded to furver.se, also overwrite your current one with it.

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

PopeJo wrote:
well, here are more regular players I guess, so we could leave it open to channel some thoughts. and direct rainbowers to www.freeq3.com for more details =)

Yeah.. could also be used as a heads up for updates etc. Like today it has been updated to 067

Nice icon jack :D

I also have a new softer phaser sound for the railgun.. it's easy to hear it and when another player with a railgun is near it's very clear. That was the problem I found on OA, you could barely hear the difference of distance when people are carrying two railguns. Next one should be less noisy but still very clear as a warning for others to hear
PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

btw: a_clown and/or Joki:
if you would add the bot-file to oaclowngo2 or oasago2j, it could be the first "real" ctf map to be available in q3min.

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

I guess so... :)

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

well, here are more regular players I guess, so we could leave it open to channel some thoughts. and direct rainbowers to www.freeq3.com for more details =)

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Wasent all this discussion due to be moved to the q3min forum? May I lock this thread so we dont get double posts? (this question goes to a_clown the original poster mostly)

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

PopeJo wrote:

besides rg and lg i am very happy with the sounds. and the sound themselves are great, too :grin:

EDITED it due to drunkeness

aww ty :D The rocket sound is actually the original OA sound without the initial delay and it was distorted a little.

The lightning gun hit sound hasnt been changed.. only the standby sound which is a simple sine wave which has been pitch bent upwards and a little delay so it doesnt play too close together (since it repeats), but loud enough to hear if anyone close by is carrying it :D
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

I know.

But it's consistant with q3 volume... and it's strange because I bet if you put every q3 sound with OA I bet everyone would complain because it's not what they are used to.

I see posts about reducing rail damage but the idea of the railgun is that if you have it then skilled players could bring it out accordingly and other players hear it as a sort of warning to get out of the way if you have low health.

Maybe if I lower it to 80% of it's original value, would that be enough and keep everyone happy? After all it's a lethal weapon so maybe you shouldn't have both the advantage of hearing everything around you and others not hearing you... which is more like the OA sound. Thats the reason I kept it like that.
PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

chiquen: this might be a personal thing, but i still find the railgun to be to loud. I can hardly hear my own footsteps when equippet with rg.
the shaft is ok, but also a bit too loud ihmo.

I know we once talked about it in chat, but now, as RG damage is reduced, I think the railgun should also become less noisy.

can some others state their opinions on this, plz.

besides rg and lg i am very happy with the sounds. and the sound themselves are great, too :grin:

EDITED it due to drunkeness

pulchr
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

i guess that the differences stem from my rounding up/down to numbers of five. and i'm not sure if i counted the tags or not. don't remember what version of openarena it was though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Maps, Models and Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: