the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm6
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › DEV › Maps, Models and Mods › Redo OA?
Redo OA?
There are worlds waiting to be explored and objects to be made. Enjoy.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMaps, Models and Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

The thing I was concerned about is if ioq3 are supposed to be still in development you would think there would be a simple cvar list avaialable.. and what about the mouse stuff. So many hacks are going round there is now in_mouse 2 and 3. How about the old in_mouse -1... the way it used to be?

ioquake.org/forums/vie...f=12&t=572

And also no response with general questions..

ioquake.org/forums/vie...1834#p1834
ioquake.org/forums/vie...f=12&t=165

Thing is.. version 1.16 - 1.33 worked fine for me. Then I spent half a year trying to get a good mouse movement.
pulchr
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

oh, and instead of bloody gibs the bodies could turn into a fountain of coloured gibs ;)

and entirely blue and red in ctf. kinda like the quakelive dissolve.

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:
I was only joking Falkland.. the sounds do change back to default.. i like the oa ones too

My point was not exactly on the sounds , but on pk3 files ... but since it was a joke , no matter.

BTW I like Q3 sound CPMA hit sounds and UrT hit sounds .... should I say what I think of OA_Nexuiz_ish sounds ?
pulchr
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

if something like this was made i would've liked to have the emphasis on online play. sure some singleplayer stuff should be in there to instruct new players and to give something playable if the net is down or something. but the ordinary singleplayer experience (with lots of maps and different models) are better done in openarena anyway. demos with added voice could give the basics of strafejumping, rocketjumps, railpushing, each weapon's advantage etc.

but i would like to see "play online" as the first option in the main menu.

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

I dont think this thread can be seen by non visitors, so a_clowns valid points will be seen by very few people.
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

I was only joking Falkland.. the sounds do change back to default.. i like the oa ones too
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:
So all Joki needs to do is know or make up a server with q3 sounds, then connect to any pure server and his sounds wont change. Not his problem tho :D i guess if it allows you to do that then it's acceptable.

I have mentioned this to sago 3 times. He didnt respond or give any kind of advcie

Uh ??? ... so it's enough to set up a pure server that has a pk3 for having it in the list of referenced paks in all pure servers ? :blarg:

That is :ump:

Mumble mumble ... I will check if there's a way to fix this bug :/
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

How about a cross compatibility of q3 and a GPL remake on the same protocol with a unique master server. Could that be possible? If not, why not?
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

MIOW wrote:

Joki wrote:

Yea, thats why i tried to start out #instantctf @ qnet, to get some serious and good matches. :)
Now Rainbot remains on that channel without op and noone able to change this :(

get jocke to add a q-auth for rainbot and i'll add him to autoop.
since i'm not around atm (curse uni tests! :eek: ) i gave popeJo op on #instantctf.

chiquita wrote:
A straightforward connection to another server will do exactly that.

But it does not do a /snd_restart. So all Joki needs to do is know or make up a server with q3 sounds, then connect to any pure server and his sounds wont change.

in all seriousness: i don't like the oa-sounds much, but i don't care too much either. i'd be too lazy to do that. :)

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Hi,

pulchr wrote:

i think this is an interesting thread and i would be glad to take part in something like it.

It would be great!

pulchr wrote:

what i would like to see is a smaller download with just the necessary stuff in high quality instead of lots of stuff where there's no common style. quality > quantity.

Absolutely right. OA would be an excellent game w/o all the junk crammed into the distro.

pulchr wrote:

i've envisioned a basic game with everything in gpl (one playermodel with pm-skin, a few maps, one texture theme used in these maps and so on). and then download packs in another license that allows use of other content such as good music, textures and maps.

Agreed. We (chiquita and I) would also like to make such a distro.

pulchr wrote:

and of course improved stuff like: gtv, referees, speclock, timein/out, better demorecording, freezetag, corkscrew, better sound effects, webstats.

This should come later. Incorporating such stuff requires a lot of time even if code is available from elsewhere.

pulchr wrote:

and an updated webpage where you can follow the progress of the development.

We would definitely need a separate WEB site. I am sure that chiquita would be glad to make one (has lots of experience in this matter).

So, if you decide that you are in, we should start discussing the details of the project. Maybe this should be done in a more private manner, using pm, e-mail or irc (mind you, I am not being paranoid, but IMO it is better this way). And of course we want to make it clear that anybody willing to contribute is always welcome to join (even you know who, although there is very little chance of that :harr: ).

Speaker

pulchr
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

i think this is an interesting thread and i would be glad to take part in something like it. what i would like to see is a smaller download with just the necessary stuff in high quality instead of lots of stuff where there's no common style. quality > quantity.

a game with the goodies from other mods incorporated in the base game. i've envisioned a basic game with everything in gpl (one playermodel with pm-skin, a few maps, one texture theme used in these maps and so on). and then download packs in another license that allows use of other content such as good music, textures and maps.

and of course improved stuff like: gtv, referees, speclock, timein/out, better demorecording, freezetag, corkscrew, better sound effects, webstats.

the "game" should come in two versions - one that is the tested and latest release. and one that is the upcoming test release where things are properly checked with balance, compatibility etc. both of them should autoupdate when new things are introduced. the 1-year release of openarena is too slow.

and an updated webpage where you can follow the progress of the development.

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

A straightforward connection to another server will do exactly that.

But it does not do a /snd_restart. So all Joki needs to do is know or make up a server with q3 sounds, then connect to any pure server and his sounds wont change. Not his problem tho :D i guess if it allows you to do that then it's acceptable.

I have mentioned this to sago 3 times. He didnt respond or give any kind of advcie
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:

jack thompson will also confirm this as I was using '#' as remarks in the code and was so frustrated it didnt work :D

and it will never works since the "#" char is using for commenting shell-script or shell-script-like interpreted code ( as in Makefile )

There are 2 kinds of comments for C code :

- one line comment -> introduced by 2 slash chars -> //
- multiline comment -> it works as parenthesis
/* -> open the multiline comment
*/ -> close the multiline comment
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
i agree, its hax (as long as the server is unpure)....

I've read something about the pure system ... maybe on ioquake3 bugzilla ... but I don't know if it was already fixed or this persists :

In practice , pure mechanism can be easily bypassed by connecting to an unpure server for first and then to a pure server ...

EDIT : my mistake - again - it's a hypotetic fix for a condition causing this bug that can produce that effect

Last edited by Falkland on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

i agree, its hax (as long as the server is unpure). but with the oa-sounds you dont hear ANYTHING. :(

btw chicken, how about this for yer new avatar? (use the upper right panel maybe? or the one just below it...)

hnng

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Maps, Models and Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: