the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3tourney3
Players: 3 / 18
The golden pot › DEV › Maps, Models and Mods › aggressor3 (was aggressor2)
aggressor3 (was aggressor2)
There are worlds waiting to be explored and objects to be made. Enjoy.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMaps, Models and Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Quote::
kernel, i like the idea of there being some more detail in the map. if you could do something like that it would be cool. here's the map source download.

OK, I'll see what it comes to my mind, maybe triming the corridors and perhaps doing something with the more blocky corners...

[edit]
Right, after the whole afternoon with this I think it's about 70% done. Hopefully by tomorrow night I'll be happy with the result and send you the map file with some comments.
kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Pffff, here it is. It took me a bastard time to do it, and it won't make a huge difference, but it'll hopefully improve things. Haven't really decided which trims to use. Now that it's done you can easily change them to taste. Same applies to everything else.

[EDIT]

Now I've got more time to expand a bit. What I did was:

-Make the corridor to the new room look alike the old ones.
-Add some extra wood to the balcony.
-Add some extra wood to the roof.
-Change the shape of the RA balcony.
-Retexture some walls to break the monotony.
-Trim all the walls of the map.
-Fixed the textures of the beam lights (the black half squares spreaded throughout the map).

As I said, it's straight forward to change/revert most of these changes. You'll notice that one of the trim textures I used has light on its own. Whether you stick to them or not I think light needs a tweaking in the new room. I had a very quick go myself with bad results. I may try again to see if I can do something of it.

OT: Hy3r, which compiling option has the highest quality settings?

aggressor2-016.map.bz2
 Description:
 Filename:  aggressor2-016.map.bz2
 Filesize:  42.73 KB
 Downloaded:  86 Time(s)
hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

here is kernel_panic's re-styled version of the map.

aggressor3-002.pk3

kernel_panic, i normally use the second from last option on the list in the "build" menu. i don't know much about that side of things.
SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Off toppic Kernel, i like your avatar. :)

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

i like it too.

daaaiiiiissssyyyyy daaaiiiissssyyy. :)
[sXe]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Nice Aggressor3-002 was uplaoded to the 1on1 Server. I luv this map but there a two graphic bugs (tearing textures) as far as I hav seen:

kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Nice Aggressor3-002 was uplaoded to the 1on1 Server. I luv this map but there a two graphic bugs (tearing textures) as far as I hav seen:

I'll look into that, actually it comes in quite a convenient moment since I'm doing stuff with that map and cleaned it a bit of garbage (not seen in game but affecting performance). I'll fix it in the cleaner version.

kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

I'm having stupid problems compiling the crap. Don't know whether it's a not-so-free texture I used, some misconfiguration file or even one more of the radiant jokes. And I'm sick of it.

This afternoon there will be a duel between my comp and me, and only one can survive.

W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:
I'm having stupid problems compiling the crap. Don't know whether it's a not-so-free texture I used, some misconfiguration file or even one more of the radiant jokes. And I'm sick of it.

This afternoon there will be a duel between my comp and me, and only one can survive.
not-so-free texture in a GPL map will void the license, so be careful with that.

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
gunnarbot
Trickjumping Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

I think what you've done so far is great.. I opened up this thread to bitch and moan about the fact that there was two red armors on the map but it seems like you fixed that already. :)

The only thing I can say about the layout and item placement of the map, and that goes for the original aggressor too, is that I think the player that is having a kill streak can take both red armor and mega health in too short time, thus making a come-back for the other player too hard.

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

gunnarbot wrote:
I think what you've done so far is great..

Just to let you know, this is mostly hyp3rfocus'es baby. :harr:

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

gunnarbot wrote:
I think what you've done so far is great..

Just to let you know, this is mostly hyp3rfocus'es baby. :harr:

Indeed, you did step in quicker than me, Snoo. Credit where it's due. I believe this whole thing gave Hyp3r a bit of a headache, but it seems that people is liking it.

I opened up this thread to b**ch and moan about the fact that there was two red armors on the map but it seems like you fixed that already. :)

That's excellent, the more critical you get the better for the map. Neither Hyp3r nor myself are experienced players so it's important to hear from you about this, guys. I did minor changes to the items, hopefully everything will build correctly this afternoon and someone can provide feedback.

not-so-free texture in a GPL map will void the license, so be careful with that.

That's right, W1z, it may not be this the reason for me missing the texture, but if it is I'll bin it and replace it in no time.

By the way, I quite like this version of aggressor, although I know positively that not everybody does. I'm working in two other (minor) variations of it that I'll post soon. Let's see what happens.

kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

Ok, problems solved. I was using a shader from Q3, shame on me. The ,pk3 is here:

www.4shared.com/file/2...3-003.html

Let me know whether there's something wrong with it. Apart from fixing the textures sXe mentioned I did tweak the light, I hope you don't find it too dim now. I personally like it. The .map source file is inside the .pk3, if anyone is interested.

Derity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

It is too dark now, before it was too bright.
the models almost disappear in the dark, you see them only as schemes...
lighten it a bit more so that the models arent shadowed...

and it is good that you removed the ra from the stairs
hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: aggressor3 (was aggressor2) Reply with quote

I believe this whole thing gave Hyp3r a bit of a headache, but it seems that people is liking it.

yeah, it far exceeded my attention span. thanks again for taking over kernel. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Maps, Models and Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: