the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm7
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › PRO config
PRO config
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: PRO config Reply with quote

/bind f3 "say hi"
/bind f4 "say thx :D"
/bind f5 "say thx :)"
/bind f6 "say thx! :D"
/bind f7 "say you're frustrated xD"
/bind f8 "say no... only Q3A"
/bind f9 "say cu"
JockeTF
Furver Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

Awesome! I'll use that as my default config from now on! :)

[sXe]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

Check dis out 4 real pro configs! -> derquaker.wordpress.com/configs

dairu
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

You're not a 'professional gamer' until you do these drugs:

r_picmip 784095 // Reduce The To Detailed Grafics
r_vertexLight 1 // Turn Off The Evil Shadows
r_fullbright 1 // Turn Off More Evil Shadows please tell ur server admin to enable sv_cheats 1
fov 300 // Enable Super Vision
cl_maxfps 333 // Super High Jump
cl_allowDownload 1 // Automatically Get Gehtto Server Greeting Splash Images That Probably Have American McGee's Cheshire "coolcat.jpg" Cat On It

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

dairu wrote:
You're not a 'professional gamer' until you do these drugs:

r_fullbright 1 // Turn Off More Evil Shadows please tell ur server admin to enable sv_cheats 1
fov 300 // Enable Super Vision
cl_maxfps 333 // Super High Jump

They're not q3 engine cvars :
- r_fullbright does not exist in q3 ( Quake cvar ?)
- the right cvar for controlling client fov is cg_fov
- the right cvar for controlling client fps is com_maxfps

but fov var appears also on a q3 aimbot for windows indeed
and it gives a double real fov :

- fov 180 gives an effective fov of 360 degrees
- fov 90 gives a fov of 180 degrees

So why should you continue to blame players that use their own graphic equipment as they want ?
dairu
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

because they're not 'players', they're 'winners', or at least wannabes of those

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

dairu wrote:
because they're not 'players', they're 'winners', or at least wannabes of those

vertexlight , r_picmip 869568 , ... etc etc ... make game very ugly but cannot permit to any player to win with a so higher score than the second one ...

it can happen when there's one skilled players and a lot of new players , but not when at least there are one or more skilled players ...

if there are more than one player using aimbot ... well the game is ruined.

We call it "OpenArena bots contest" instead of "OpenArena DeathMatch"
pulchr
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

people play games for different reasons. some play games as an escape from reality or as a break from real life. some play for fun and some for the challenge of other players. and then there are 'gamers' where the only important thing is to win.

some people does not seems to like last category to play openarena - but as long as they want to play openarena they will go on doing just that.

(here's a link [bartle test of gamer psychology] for a test (mostly for MUD and MMORPG games - but still interesting) and some more text about it [wikipedia - bartle test])

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

This is the latest explanation I've read of gamers psycology and it's the latest excuses :

creating a new category of ppl joinig games ( winners ) that are usual to play with illegal ( by the game itsefl point of view ) aimbots , only 'cause games' ... *cough* *cough* ... developers don't want (?) to stop this practice ... But the best term to use for this ppl is "scassaminchia" ( just find yourself what this "beautiful" word of strict sicilian dialect means )

I suggest to code aimbots directly in the game so to have clean servers for human only players and servers where aimbot are allowed and where micro-d**k and flat-br**st ( for the equal opportunities) winners can find their own o - o - o - o r**sm.
GrosBedo
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

pulchr wrote:
and then there are 'gamers' where the only important thing is to win.

If they can't understand that a game is made to be played for fun, and nothing else, then they should play to a singleplayer game like Mario Galaxy or PES and let us play quietly.

Last edited by GrosBedo on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

GrosBedo wrote:
pulchr wrote:

If they can't understand that a game is made to be played for fun, and nothing else, then they should play to a singleplayer game like Mario Galaxy or PES and let us and let us play quietly.

Utopia = impossible sigh :(

but we do try!! :)

Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

GrosBedo wrote:
pulchr wrote:

If they can't understand that a game is made to be played for fun, and nothing else, then they should play to a singleplayer game like Mario Galaxy or PES and let us and let us play quietly.

games need players that "really" want to win as they play. those are the players that most often drive the evolution forward with new tactics and ways to play the game. imagine if everyone just ran around patting each others' backs and typing "oh, my what a good time we have! playing games are so much fun!". team deathmatch and capture the flag amongst clans doesn't get interesting without feelings and a desire to win.

note that i'm not talking about cheaters when i talk about "winners". it is NOT the same thing.

and the thing that they should play singleplayer mario galaxy etc is exactly the thing they don't want to . they want to win over other human players and letting you play "quietly" would be a loss for them.

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

pulchr wrote:

games need players that "really" want to win as they play. those are the players that most often drive the evolution forward with new tactics and ways to play the game. imagine if everyone just ran around patting each others' backs and typing "oh, my what a good time we have! playing games are so much fun!". team deathmatch and capture the flag amongst clans doesn't get interesting without feelings and a desire to win.

note that i'm not talking about cheaters when i talk about "winners". it is NOT the same thing.

and the thing that they should play singleplayer mario galaxy etc is exactly the thing they don't want to . they want to win over other human players and letting you play "quietly" would be a loss for them.

But there's a limit :

When winners == cheaters with aimbots , well that should be considered as a high hostile practice so the next steps could be :

- ignore them and try to mantain game control ( atm I was able to have only 2 HERO DAYS against 3 and 1 cheaters , like GrosBedo said me to do : but I'm still not able to play everytime at 150 %)
- insulting them with heavy words or at the opposite try to convince them that they're doing wrong
- just try to kick them in timeout
- just try to make mad their aimbots ( they start to miss hit until they completely stop working )
- just try to make "real" electronic warfare against their own machines.

On an UrbanTerror forum I've read that some ppl is working to code and make distributable some poisoned cookies ...
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

/bind f3 "say hi"
/bind f4 "say thx :D"
/bind f5 "say thx :)"
/bind f6 "say thx! :D"
/bind f7 "say you're frustrated xD"
/bind f8 "say no... only Q3A"
/bind f9 "say cu"
zuze

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: PRO config Reply with quote

lexer's config is universal in many ways

bind 2 "say ^3 =("
bind 3 ""
bind 4 "say ^7Do you wanna talk about it ?"
bind 5 "say ^7What`s your problem boy ?"
bind 6 "say ^7=)"
bind 7 "say ^7C`mon ..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: