the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3tourney2
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Tech & Support › Problem with ufreeze
Problem with ufreeze
Something wrong with our servers or your system?
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTech & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
0xdan
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

Hi all,
i got a problem with the ufreeze mod: basically, when i connect to a server (RN|FreezeRail) the connection is interrupted while loading game's media (precisely the players models) with the following error message: "default_team_model/skin (sarge/COLOUR) failed to register" (where COLOUR is either "default", "blue", "classicred" etc.).
PopeJo (thanks to him) give me some tips but i didn't manage to get it working :/ (trying cg_forcemodels 1/0)
My config is: Debian x86_64 with OA 0.7.0+69 (the "old" ioq3 compiled for protocol 69 as posted by JockeTF) plus the z-proskins2.pk3 (the PM Skins made by RAZ3R/andrewj posted on openarena.ws/board/ind...c=1683.25) and the Q3A pak0.
As this is not a "pure" config, i also tried with a stock 0.7.7 OA release (with no proskins nor Q3A pak0) but it didn't solved it... (but i admit i didn't test with a clean fresh OA 077 install with no maps or other pk3)
I didn't found any problem with other mod so i f someone has any idea or tip i'll be glad to get it :)

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

To get that working you need make sure you dont use sarge as default.

The OA people seem to have changed things with the models.

make em

model grism/default
team_model grism/default

They are not pms models you mentioned.

Just use z-defaultmodelbright.pk3 - they are bright enough and still have some texture details. The server might have models downloadable, rather than the default shit you can barely see

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

Thanks for your input!

chiquita wrote:
To get that working you need make sure you dont use sarge as default.
ok, i'm using Tony as default

chiquita wrote:
The OA people seem to have changed things with the models.

make em

model grism/default
team_model grism/default
i'm quite busy right now but i'll try that ASAP

chiquita wrote:
They are not pms models you mentioned.

Just use z-defaultmodelbright.pk3 - they are bright enough and still have some texture details. The server might have models downloadable, rather than the default shit you can barely see
where could i find this pk3? i quickly googled but didn't find it :ops:

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

0xdan wrote:

where could i find this pk3? i quickly googled but didn't find it :ops:

this should be it.. rainbow.furver.se/inde...amp;t=1042
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

I'm sure I mentioned it on that thread.

One of pk3's is a shader, which makes the models bright, but kinda makes the map/game a bit more uglier.

The other file is the tga image file colored in with bright colors. Both together are bright alright :)

One or the other is good enough.

I have ufreeze with pm skins but still working on it. I play 0.7.1 though so might be of no use.

How do you know you need that pak if you can't connect yet?

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

jackthompson wrote:
this should be it.. rainbow.furver.se/inde...amp;t=1042
Thanks for the link, i didn't saw that thread :ump:
but actually the pak mentionned there is the one i already use

chiquita wrote:
How do you know you need that pak if you can't connect yet?
well, i dunno if i do need it but i actually use that pak, mainly because i just like these bright skins :)
i put it on a CTF server i run, 42|0x2A, and, IMHO, it hugely improve the game.

I'm sorry to bother you with this, i reckon i got something weird on my side... actually my baseoa is a mess and i guess i should test with a real clean config :/

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

Hopefully this will upload, put this in your ufreeze folder. You should not have any problem so it probably means you need to a bit of config tweaking :)

And I just posted my config. Just put your normal binds and stuff then connect. Leave out anything like cg_enemymodel/colors and stuff. Remember, the q3config file in baseoa will be read before the config file in the mod one.

z_bright grism.pk3
 Description:
 Filename:  z_bright grism.pk3
 Filesize:  318 Bytes
 Downloaded:  170 Time(s)

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! i'll try this ASAP

0xdan
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

I cleaned up a bit my baseoa (removed non-standard models) and put grism/default for model and team_model.
I can connect to RN|FreezeRail but in console i can see "Failed to load model file models/players/characters/grism/lower.md3"...
i saw 1 or 2 players trying to connect while i was on that server but they were disconnected immediately (is this my fault!? :( )
i'll try to check that more precisely...

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

ok I would have easily sorted this if I hadnt fixed this issue like 3 days ago :)

Now I have renewed my configs and wont get that error again but it really is something stupid... it annoyed me too but since I could connect then all of a sudden i had a problem, I realised it was something stupid.

I'm sure these were my last setttings, it could be forcemodel thats the issue, because I guess you could still have things missing but they just appear as warnings, have you tried setting force model 0?

seta cg_forceModel "1"

seta model "sarge"
seta headmodel "sarge"
seta team_model "james"
seta team_headmodel "*james"

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:
ok I would have easily sorted this if I hadnt fixed this issue like 3 days ago :)
well thank you anyway for your patience and tips :)

chiquita wrote:
(...) have you tried setting force model 0?
yes but then i was alone on the server so i can't tell if it change smthg or not :mph:
i'll try to test tomorrow if i can

0xdan
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

I guess i'm cursed with ufreeze :|
i tried with a clean baseoa and a true 0.7.7 release, as it was a fresh install, and... well same error :(
thanx chiquita for your help but i give up for now, i might retry when i'll have some spare time

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

Maybe you downloaded a faulty model, while playing on a server.

Go to %APPDATA%/OpenArena and check the subfolders baseoa and ufreeze for bad .pk3's. These will stay, even if you reinstall openarena.

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
Maybe you downloaded a faulty model, while playing on a server.

Go to %APPDATA%/OpenArena and check the subfolders baseoa and ufreeze for bad .pk3's. These will stay, even if you reinstall openarena.
yep i also suspected that but i tried with a "pure" clean install : i removed my ufreeze dir and moved my regular baseoa as baseoa.ORIG then started a fresh OA077 but it didn't do the trick :/
hummm but maybe i should have moved it outside the ~/.openarena dir... yeah i'll try that next time
Anyway, only 077 is faulty for me as i could join the 071 server (and had a great time with chiquita tonight :O) )

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with ufreeze Reply with quote

Well it can be prevented serverside. I knew the old RN freeze servers gave me lots of issues with really strange movement. It took me a while to figure it out and it was related to the g_optimization thing. The server fps was really high, i had never seen that before.. only some people had issues with it. it was like you could only do a good circle jump by turning 1/4 of the normal turn.

I know bugger all about this stuff but I only guess that snaps lower than server fps + optimization thing really has strange side effects.

The hardest part of sorting it was trying to get someone to change the sv_Fps ... i have also mentioned about the sarge issue a number of times so it's nothing to do with 0.71 / 0.76.. It's just a little q3 vs oa annoyance :D

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Tech & Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: