the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3tourney2
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Tech & Support › ping
ping
Something wrong with our servers or your system?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTech & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

No, thats not the issue, drivers are up to date too.
0.7.1 works also fine :/

And no info on the cvars, yet.
[sXe]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

This little tool should help in order to reset the OS gamma ;)

setgamma.rar
 Description:
useful as a keybord bind :)
 Filename:  setgamma.rar
 Filesize:  10.65 KB
 Downloaded:  178 Time(s)

GrosBedo
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
cg_delag
g_delagHitscan

Probably the new unlag feature leilol integrated. You will get unlaggued hitscan on any server for instant weapons: machinegun, shotgun and railgun.

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

GrosBedo wrote:
Joki wrote:
cg_delag
g_delagHitscan

Probably the new unlag feature leilol integrated. You will get unlaggued hitscan on any server for instant weapons: machinegun, shotgun and railgun.

yea... cg_delag is client-side delag on/off and the other is server-side... i never read the docs that came with OA... but maybe it's in their wiki... or just ask sago ;)
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

This is the how I think it works :

cg_delag is both client and server. Setting 1 on the server will set everything on. Using 2 4 8 etc is weaps values amd you add up the numbers 2= machine gun.

delag is related to movment, like the type on noghost. It also improves the aim, almost to the point where your playing with no lag. Since fps on the server is slow, it's bloody impossible to tell if your hit is accurate if someone is flying by at 3000 ups. This is the time shift thing with the ping that works well for both players

It's already built into quake, but the feature was never used - or maybe added. It used to be called g_delag and the client had the same name.

There should be a g_delag_smoothclients settting too. This is better at 1 and is a server setting.

Delag hitscan is what the XoneXfer had. Probably better for rail games but I prefer it off. It feels like your playing with 0 ping. Very accurate hits.

I find the hitscan restricts movement especially on circle jumps and stuff. Its hard to tell as you get used to it, but when you can change it on and off I can feel it.

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

Joki wrote:

Oh and, I also hate, that when i Quit OA 0.7.7, it doesn't set my gamma back. So my windows is so bright, my eyes are bleeding, unless i reboot after a match.. lol

hehe.. this happens to me ingame.. but goes dull.. then the game is the opposite from the desktop.

Recently I figured that I had the control on the 'OpenGL' or whatever it is tab on my display control. You usually have a gamma setting there and put it back at default without restarting

When I open the game up sometimes its not on fullscreen mode but gamma comes on... then you press control L and it makes it full size but turns off your gamma. Thats an annoying toggle thing. Doing a vid_restart seems to fix this. Might be with going in to screen setting and ensulre its not in minimised.. aaah.. Ive just rememberd. Dont you have a tool for that :D

Anyway, you could try r_ignorehwgamma 1 before you quit, thatll be better than risking yourself going blind

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

sXe: Thx, that works fine. :s

chiquita, JackThompson: Thanks I get the idea a little now.
Now I also find this:

g_delagHitscan "1" <- server cvar, 0 disables the whole unlag-thing

cg_delag "1" <- client cvar

Source

But don't think that any server uses it anyway. Also don't have to bother with ping 15.
GrosBedo
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
But don't think that any server uses it anyway. Also don't have to bother with ping 15.

Everytime I played 0.7.6 servers had this function enabled. It must be activated by default, that's why. It's a great step towards more fair game.

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

Quote::

g_delagHitscan "1" <- server cvar, 0 disables the whole unlag-thing

cg_delag "1" <- client cvar

Naa..

cg_delag 1 - On Server, if set at 1, the client has the option. I think that might be the reason why they changed it from it g_ to cg_

g_delagHitscan - Server only. When enabled it calculates more accurately. This will only work if cg_delag is 1.

I now realise that's where the additional delag types come from but I think the original system used to work like this...

g_aimtype 0 = 0 delag - ie. This is how the original corkscrew was
g_aimtype 1 = g_delag 1
g_aimtype 2 = g_delag 1 + g_delagHitscan "1"

To confuse further, I think the orginal g_delag command followed the same system, here are Mavs notes - but remember, this is obsolete now.....

Quote::
g_delag_smoothClients (default=0) > Turns on the server-sided client smoothing
0 = Off (default)
1 = Attempt the server-side client movement smoothing (useful for correcting skipping players). May also be useful to tweak sv_fps to improve smoothness. If you have g_delag set to 2, it is recommended you have this on. This is only active if you ave g_delag set to 2 or higher.
g_delag (default=0) > Integer to enable delag functionality
0 = Off (default)
1 = turns on Delag/Unlagged version 1
2 = turns on Delag/Unlagged version 2.01.
3 = turns on Delag/Unlagged version 2.01 OSP style.
4 = turns on Delag/Unlagged version 2.01 with only server side 50ms lag reduction.

I only found out the new commands after trying ufreeze and worked out that all this stuff is already in the game but isn't set.

I think cg_delag 1 is a must have. Unless people liked how corkscrew used to be. I remember Derity didnt mind it so much because he didn't have the same delag I had. It doesnt make you better, it just makes someone with higher ping ALOT worse.

Using hitscan is probably more suitable for rail games. I think if I was an all weapons player I would prefer it off. It does not restrict movement much though

While I have no technical knowledge on the above I do know that when I messed around with the settings strafing then the by increasing g_delag each time your movement is far more restricted. When you used g_delag 3 or 4 you really notice it but 2 is perfectly fine.

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

ah found it. Does the name 'Haste' mean anything?

The same vars page is the one included with ufreeze. I don't know how it all fits in with cpma though. According to some people all this stuff came from cpma and does not exist anywhere else. Yet all the same stuff has been integrated in most mods. It's been on 1.16 since I can remember with noghost.

alternatefire.planetqu...mespy.com/

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

Joki I just read your post properly and seen that doc but didnt read it. So I might not have it the correct combination but maybe that will explain where the additional 3 and 4 delag types come from. I also seen it was from the same site as the link I posted.

I'll sneak off and have a game and hope someone makes some sense of it all :D

It seems that rather than have aimtypes 0/1/2/3/4 which seemed to be a combination of several vars they have them as seperate options, and may or may not have an affect on another delag command.

edit: g_delagHitscan "1" <- server cvar, 0 disables the whole unlag-thing

.. ok I just think the documentation is explained odd. Since it's on as default the docs tell you what the effect has when turned off, normally you expect it to tell you what it does when it's on :)

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:

cg_delag 1 - On Server, if set at 1, the client has the option. I think that might be the reason why they changed it from it g_ to cg_

g_delagHitscan - Server only. When enabled it calculates more accurately. This will only work if cg_delag is 1.

So a player can only exploit the unlagged feature when the server enables g_delagHitscan, rite? I'm interested in testing it @ 1v1 mode!

However I'm a lil' bit confused about the cg_delag function. At first u said it can 'delag' a specific weapon. After that u mentioned that it can even influence the whole gameplay? Can u prove it?

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

Yes. It affects movement in a good way, imo. It's much more stable if there are small spikes in the network. Don't be fooled by the increase in ping when maxpackets is up. I think maxpackets at 125 is optimum. I dont have a good network and have it at 30 or 60.

More info here..
forum.drc.su/x-battle-...vt326.html

If methejuggler stumbles accross this he might explain the hitscan thing. I'm confused myself but full full hitscan is the 0 ping thing where you can possibly hit each other at the same time, it doesnt often happen.
xonexfer.kicks-ass.net...p?cat_id=2

It's just the same as the cpma stuff I think without the simulated fps. Actually I think that code is in the game too. Ive always used this with the above netcode but have no idea what it would be like using normal pmove.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

Hmmm? Did I hear my name mentioned? =p

I havn't kept up with NoGhost development, so can't comment on any recent aim changes they've put in...

But I'm more than happy to answer any general Q3A questions, or anything about XoneXfer.

Anything in particular you were wanting to know, so I don't have to read the whole thread and try to figure out what the issue is? =p
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ping Reply with quote

Ah there you are \:D/

It's not regarding noghost, but seems that OpenArena have adopted Unlagged 2.01 in the game code.

But it seems that mods have defined the cvars differently. NoGhost is a client and server mod, so you are able to change g_delag as client option.

But the first time I seen g_delaghitscan it was from xonexfer. So I got mixed up and thought that was the improved aimtype. But now, I think this will enable/disable delag options?

I think the confusion that maybe IU1.1 used options differently. You have g_aimtype which defines the aimtype which has 1.1 as an option - but no 2.01 option. But you also have g_delaghitscan, but I always thought that was from Unlagged 2.01.

So is your aimtype 2 thing kind of like an improved version of 2.01?

Since this also affects movement then does XoneXfer depend on a client having 125fps, because on OpenArena it often bounces up and down and has shitty effects?

I notice subtle differences between 2.01 and UI1.1, even knockback :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Tech & Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: