the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm1
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › Update to OA 0.7.7
Update to OA 0.7.7
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

I have moved the following servers to OA 0.7.7

RN|Corkscrew
RN|Tourney3 (CPMA)
RN|F F A

RN|Tourney1 will stay 0.7.1 for now...
Instead RN|Tourney2 will become 0.7.7

RN|CPM RUNS will be moved somewhen... Q3A players won't be able to connect anymore then... :C ...so it might be the last server to be moved to 0.7.7... or I'll turn it into a pure Q3A server...

all other servers have been moved already or are no OA servers...
[sXe]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

Wot a mess...! Well I can't connect to RN|Tourney3 -> always kick back to the menue while loading. So it looks now that I hav to remove all my defrag stuff to Q3A (huge amount of maps) :/

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

RN|Tourney3 works again... i thought i could make it pure because Q3A players can't connect anymore anyways... but seems as if CPMA doesn't work with OA anymore when the server is pure... dunno... i made it unpure for now... as it was..
[sXe]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

You're assumption is rite. CPM can't handle the server protocol version 69. I'm afraid the server will stay quite empty the next times... :/

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

I havent even bothered playing cos of all this crap.

I aint going anywhere near protocol 69 :D ever!

Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

Noooooooooo*** i installed vista and lost oa 0.7.1 Now no one is playing 0.7.7
dairu
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

well I had to sacrifice something in order to be more user friendly. I'm pissed over the whole 'invalid game folder' thing. CPMA is just picky like its players.

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

Well it seems to work as long as the server isn't pure...

making that error message more verbose like "blablabla mismatch because blablabla" and staying at protocol version 68 might have been a way too... it could be done in 0.8.0... :D

but for now i'm glad that stuck together bug seems to be gone...
[sXe]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

jackthompson wrote:

RN|CPM RUNS will be moved somewhen... Q3A players won't be able to connect anymore then... :C ...so it might be the last server to be moved to 0.7.7... or I'll turn it into a pure Q3A server...

So I moved my defrag folder from OA to Q3A. Though I can't get it work! Autodownload is enabled and while dl'ing a new map a baseoa folder is created. It never stops always tries to get a new map.pk3 O.o

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

ye... uh... well... that's the other problem with Q3A and OA clients connecting to a OA server... i dont know what to do with that server.. should i make it Q3A and make it so that OA 0.7.1 people can connect too? but there are probably more OA people on that server than Q3A people... or should i just move it to 0.7.7 too?

or a 2nd defrag server or a third? one for 0.7.1 one for 0.7.7 and one for Q3A...

:|

maybe i should move all servers that run mods to Q3A...
-ME-
Active Fragger
Active Fragger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

why run OA 0.7.7 ??? ME dont like it...! XD
What if we wait till 0.8 is realeased and keep using 0.7.1 as the "normal" ppl do?? lol

kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

Quote::
why run OA 0.7.7 ??? ME dont like it...! XD
What if we wait till 0.8 is realeased and keep using 0.7.1 as the "normal" ppl do??

I don't know if you're serious here. I'll bite anyway. Running 0.7.1 forever is not a good idea that would add to the confusion many people (especially noobs) have about what the hell is going on with the servers. Now that the bugfix is out and that it seems that zealots like me can seamless have the old mouse input I don't see why you don't like it. Besides, it would be a spit in the face to the (very) small buch of people who's worked on this so you can chase your bloody flag and have some fun. I would recommend you to give some feedback on what you don't like of THIS release. My issues were very specific and clear and they seem to be basically sorted out.

PS. Who is the 'normal' ppl? And what does make them believe that 0.8 will take rid of the 0.7.7 features and build up from 0.7.1?

PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

defragging with 0.7.6 / 0.7.7 sux because of the awful mouse movement.

so I'd suggest making the defrag servers q3 / 0.7.1

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:

I don't know if you're serious here. I'll bite anyway. Running 0.7.1 forever is not a good idea that would add to the confusion many people (especially noobs) have about what the hell is going on with the servers

Why?? This was a result of bad management of the upgrade. I still play 1.16, and guaranteed with a choice of servers that I can play TDM. I have yet to have any oppertunity for that on OA. My first impressions of OA on 7.1 were very positive, I knew I would be able to have many people check it out and they too would introduce new people. Of course, that is no longer an option in the current situation so may have just wasted a load of time trying to configure the game for a game play environment.

There is no confusion whatsoever. If you want to argue about the implications of security etc then you will find that is not an issue - the community have done pretty well with all of that, despite not have download capabilities.

Actually, if you dont have the correct mod version it will let you join and push you to spectate mode and inform you that you need to download an upgraded client mod. Nice n simple.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Update to OA 0.7.7 Reply with quote

Now I know why the OA gameservers are so empty atm. Since OA 0.7.6 was released it's more comfortable to discuss, argue, assume, whine...issues/problems though summer is coming!
=> oh hell light in my eyes! :ops:

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: