the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3tourney3
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › The series
The series
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: The series Reply with quote

Hey, anyone know the title of a sci-fi series set around 2063 or 2163. It was about 5 or 6 marines flying ships called "hammerheads". The team was called "wildcards" and theyr C.O. was this grey haired guy. For germans it aired on vox approx 6-8 yrs ago (mby even more). Any help with the title would be nice. I searched imdb with all keywords i could remember but no success.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The series Reply with quote

Thanks to Joki I know the name. It's "Space: Above and Beyond". I recommend it to all ya sci-fi and specialy BSG freaks. :D

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The series Reply with quote

:|

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: The series Reply with quote

Well, I have actually never watched this show, but google found it.

However I highly recommend Dark Star by John Carpenter (1974)

The special effects, their 70's hairstyles and their conversations are so damn awesome -- Just watch it! :F
(But don't expect to be entertained well. Some of the entertainment when watching this movie is created by pure boredomeness. Awesome~~!!)

Their "mascot" is a little blown up water ball. Nothing more to say. :hoho:

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The series Reply with quote

bah.. I thought Joki was going to give us some interested post about the quake series. Didnt notice it was a reply

But it made me laugh :) You see, you can still make me laugh.

Galaxy quest rocks!!

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The series Reply with quote

I got Dark star. It's one of the greatest and wierdest movies ever made.

Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The series Reply with quote

dark star :D

i love how he surfs away in the end

edit: haven't seen the movie in several years, but that short 2½ minutes was all i needed. only misses the crappy bottle-instrument he played on...

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The series Reply with quote

omfg, didnt know someone here actually likes this movie or is aware of its presence~!

\o/ \o\ /o/

Bah... i thought chicken was going to give us weeeeri vital information, like telling us how her day was, and how much germans suck.

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: The series Reply with quote

This is the 3rd time you have somehow you have associated anything I say with racism.

This is no coincidence. Once again, completely unrelated to anything to do with nationality. Yet, out of nowhere, it appears to be a problem that I do not have German blood. This is the 3rd occurance which I fail to understand.

I wish to have my account closed. This is the ugliest and most disgusting comments that I have been subject to. I dont need to defend myself, i have no guilt or shame, I have said or done nothing wrong. You continue to highlight and relate any subject whatsoever to be associated with national identity.

I shall not be part or participate in any discussion of any sort, I dont belong here if this behaviour is deemed as acceptable. To be honest, if I noticed this before, directed at anyone else, I would not remain silent. Absolutely not.

I can only assume this is normal is in some countries and is ignored, but it certainly is not in mine. Joki I hope you are pleased, because moments like this are probably the one single thing you feel like a man. I regret that you feel like this.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: The series Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
Bah... i thought chicken was going to give us weeeeri vital information, like telling us how her day was, and how much germans suck.

I understood this as being a joke on your account, because you formulated a simmilar sentence somewhere else where you mentioned him. Though the meaning and implications were completley different. He just wanted to point out that sentence and make an ironic bond to it. If he went overboard he should apologize, but I understood this as being ironic not racist.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The series Reply with quote

Dear chiquita,

If you really had a look at the corkscrew OA server logs from 23th april 2008, as you claimed you did, via a PM you've sent to me on these forums on 24th april 2008, you would have read the very same comment stated by you directed to me.

You sent me a PM and asked me why I - all of a sudden - became cantankerous. I replied "Because you insulted me on the OA server yesterday for no reason." You then posted on the forums how ridiculous I am, that things like that insult me, and posted a pacifier.

There is no need to add anything more to this issue from my part. You've lost all rights in denying me to perform the same joke at your expenses.

Thank You.

Sheesh, that was theatrically on my side. :sexy:
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: