the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3tourney3
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › tournament?
tournament?
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: tournament? Reply with quote

So, the quarter/semi -finals are supposed to take place this weekend, but since so many have not played the matches they are supposed to, I guess the knock-out stage is out of the question.
So, question is, do we simply take the four best teams (scores/frags) and start a quarter / semi / final from there where we have set times for play on Friday (quarter) Saturday (semi) and Sunday (final) or do we do semi/final the same day?
Ideas, suggestions, input...whatever..

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

Eh, to tell you the truth i dont know if inso will have time this weekend. They got the grand opening thing at the shop he is working. Dunno mate, dunno.

Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

SnooSnoo wrote:
Eh, to tell you the truth i dont know if inso will have time this weekend. They got the grand opening thing at the shop he is working. Dunno mate, dunno.
Quote::

An estimated time for the tournament is 15 days, starting October the 6:th and it will run until October the 20:th, with it's quarter, semi and finals on Sunday October 21:st to be played at 18:00 GMT+0 where a winning team will be crowned.(with reservation for changes).
Let's move the finals to the 5:th of May, 2008, then we could get this tournament done and gone forever...

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

Take it easy on me, im now on a laptop with vista on it because my beautiful 20" lcd died. I have to service my car wich costs more than my monthly pay, and i dont even drive the fucking car. I know everybody has his own problems, and all i can do is apologize. I'm just sayin there are things on my mind to. I cant play at all now till i get my monitor fixed.

Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

This whole tournament thing needs to be disbanded. Hell, I may like the idea of it, but this is becoming a little chaotic. Make everyone sign a contract the next time we do this.

Contact the remaining teams and find out if they are even available. We need to get this done and over with as soon as possible. It's getting ridiculous at how many people are just leaving the tournament mysteriously.
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

AllegedlyDead wrote:
This whole tournament thing needs to be disbanded. Hell, I may like the idea of it, but this is becoming a little chaotic. Make everyone sign a contract the next time we do this.

Contact the remaining teams and find out if they are even available. We need to get this done and over with as soon as possible. It's getting ridiculous at how many people are just leaving the tournament mysteriously.
Signing a contract? It's not like the tournament was aimed towards professionals who had to pay an entrance fee, it was aimed at the general public for the share fun of it. If people wasn't interested in it, then why sign up with their registration entry anyway? Snoo, I know that he has a job, and I saw that your monitor died, I'm not blaming you guys, you are one of the teams who have played games and I really admire you and Inso for trying to help in making it work.

AllegedlyDead
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

It's still a justifiable reason to use a contract. It doesn't matter if it is professional or not. We cannot allow a repeat of what happened. This is the only way, from my thinking anyway, that we can prevent people from pushing out their personal agendas against the tournament and its members.

When you think about it, a few teams have disbanded because they either:
One, refused to show up.
Two, stopped talking to their teammate even though we see the one around all the time.
Three, decides to wage a personal war against their currently existing teammate.

Three reasons given for a use of a contract to prevent this shit from ever happening again.
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

AllegedlyDead wrote:
It's still a justifiable reason to use a contract. It doesn't matter if it is professional or not. We cannot allow a repeat of what happened. This is the only way, from my thinking anyway, that we can prevent people from pushing out their personal agendas against the tournament and its members.

When you think about it, a few teams have disbanded because they either:
One, refused to show up.
Two, stopped talking to their teammate even though we see the one around all the time.
Three, decides to wage a personal war against their currently existing teammate.

Three reasons given for a use of a contract to prevent this shit from ever happening again.
And if someone breaks this contract, then what? We send some hungry chinese guy after the law-breakers?
Unless a fee is paid for entry, then there is no reason for a binding contract since it legally would be insanity and we could actually be sued for binding someone to an artificial contract without legitimate reasons. I am pretty sure that the clause 'open source game tournament' does not include any further insurance for the organizer of the event other than a simple: enjoy it while it lasts. In a tournament where you have players physically on the place, then it's different. On an internet based tournament, for an on-line game, it's yet another story..
Check clanbase, sql, nql, fwl, qql and other official tournaments and you will find very little room for legally binding someone to a game.

hyp3rfocus
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

i think next time (if there is a next time) the tournament should be 1on1, so it will be easier for players to meet up.

also i think there should be something like 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw and 1 for losing, so even if a player isn't that good they can still get rewarded for participation. with this system a player who fought in 4 matches and lost them all would be further ahead than one won their first match and didn't bother playing any more.
AllegedlyDead
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

W1ZrD wrote:
And if someone breaks this contract, then what? We send some hungry chinese guy after the law-breakers?
That sounds like a good idea. Someone want to volunteer? =p

W1ZrD wrote:
Unless a fee is paid for entry, then there is no reason for a binding contract since it legally would be insanity and we could actually be sued for binding someone to an artificial contract without legitimate reasons.
Ok, so you caught me there. You are right. Perhaps it is too harsh. Still, you need to come up with something for rule-breakers and those who attempt to find loopholes around the rules.

W1ZrD wrote:
I am pretty sure that the clause 'open source game tournament' does not include any further insurance for the organizer of the event other than a simple: enjoy it while it lasts.
That's true. Enjoying it isn't the same thing as being torn apart into tiny little pieces of disobedient little fucktards with a bigger ego than some bigshot actor.

W1ZrD wrote:
In a tournament where you have players physically on the place, then it's different. On an internet based tournament, for an on-line game, it's yet another story.
I guess you're right, again. Still, it's a bit hectic at the moment with the way thing are currently going.

W1ZrD wrote:
Check clanbase, sql, nql, fwl, qql and other official tournaments and you will find very little room for legally binding someone to a game.
I really can't be arsed to even check those seeing how I have little interest in those places.
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

hyp3rfocus wrote:
i think next time (if there is a next time) the tournament should be 1on1, so it will be easier for players to meet up.

also i think there should be something like 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw and 1 for losing, so even if a player isn't that good they can still get rewarded for participation. with this system a player who fought in 4 matches and lost them all would be further ahead than one won their first match and didn't bother playing any more.
The poll that was done, and discussions that were made, showed that many people didn't want a 1on1 tournament, that is the reason for the 2on2.
To be honest, it is not difficult to arrange games with 2 people and play, it's not like people aren't available, they are simply not interested.
We have seen ap0, asterix, sxe, cricky, unarmedplayer, loki, darxide, lini, demoll, fragzilla e.t.c online but none of them really cares to play...that's the reason for this complete failure.
As I have said before, a 2on2 tournament, even with up to 30 players, is usually played over a weekend among players. Players who cares that is..
Of course there will be more tournaments, but I'm not gonna waste to much time even thinking about it..

AllegedlyDead
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

hyp3rfocus wrote:
I actually think this is one of the better ideas out there to do. Doing a 2v2 becomes a hassle seeing how a lot of players in this community are spread around the world. We would have to step up the rules on how many matches can be played though.

hyp3rfocus wrote:
I'll set that comment for itself. Sounds good.
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

Would be even more rewarding to give players who play a match 10 points, and them who are lazy fucks a permanent IP ban from all servers.

AllegedlyDead
Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

W1ZrD wrote:
The poll that was done, and discussions that were made, showed that many people didn't want a 1on1 tournament, that is the reason for the 2on2.
This is probably where we screwed up in the first place. I don't think many people understand the concept of a tournament in the first place.

W1ZrD wrote:
To be honest, it is not difficult to arrange games with 2 people and play, it's not like people aren't available, they are simply not interested.
We have seen ap0, asterix, sxe, cricky, unarmedplayer, loki, darxide, lini, demoll, fragzilla e.t.c online but none of them really cares to play...that's the reason for this complete failure.
Again I'll say this, I don't think people understand the concept of what a tournament is. Give them a REASON to participate instead of just saying "Just for fun" and things might get moving.

W1ZrD wrote:
As I have said before, a 2on2 tournament, even with up to 30 players, is usually played over a weekend among players. Players who cares that is..
Of course there will be more tournaments, but I'm not gonna waste to much time even thinking about it..
It's probably best to hold off tournaments for the time being. Things could get ugly fast if people start whining if we mention about holding off the tournaments.
W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: tournament? Reply with quote

AD, one sentence is enough: Welcome to Open Arena..
Screw it, I'm not gonna waste my energy in throwing pearls for swine. We've had the players who played their games and they have done an extremely nice job in trying to enjoy the whole thing, it's the ones who didn't care I'm pissed about..

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: