the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: rq3dm4
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › What games do you guys and girls play?
What games do you guys and girls play?
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDoctor
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

Smokin' Guns :grin:

Screenshots

Last edited by TheDoctor on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

does not work for 64bit linux yet :(
www.smokin-guns.net/vi...php?t=1426

TheDoctor
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

In the thread you mentioned, they say that the SG engine is about to be backported to ioQ3 sources. However that statement was of early 2009. AFAIK, the upcoming SG 1.1 is based on ioQ3 and a 64bit version is available right now as 1.1beta4 (I'm using the 32bit 1.1b4 version).

Check this thread about Smokin' Guns 1.1b4 and more specifically, look into SmokinGuns-1.1b4-engine-only-update.zip. As they write, you need v1.0 as a basis (current content) and either SmokinGuns-1.1b4-update.zip or SmokinGuns-1.1b4-engine-only-update.zip (depending on whether or not you want to test the new content as well). :grin:
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
In the thread you mentioned, they say that the SG engine is about to be backported to ioQ3 sources. However that statement was of early 2009. AFAIK, the upcoming SG 1.1 is based on ioQ3 and a 64bit version is available right now as 1.1beta4 (I'm using the 32bit 1.1b4 version).

Check this thread about Smokin' Guns 1.1b4 and more specifically, look into SmokinGuns-1.1b4-engine-only-update.zip. As they write, you need v1.0 as a basis (current content) and either SmokinGuns-1.1b4-update.zip or SmokinGuns-1.1b4-engine-only-update.zip (depending on whether or not you want to test the new content as well). :grin:

yay, you're right =D

works now. has some little bugs, but seems a fun game with a nice atmosphere. :harr:

I also found another q3based game: tremulous.net/
but I am a bit too dumb for it atm. its a fps, but you have to build stuff in teams and, upgrate structures and soldiers and have two races to choose from .. eh .. well, I fail at it.

EDIT: screenshots.

as alien, you can walk on walls and such:

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

yea, tremulous has been around for a while. dont like it that much, but cant put my finger on it, why exactly.

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

PopeJo wrote:
... but seems a fun game with a nice atmosphere. :harr:

Yeah , I found SG quite relaxing too , expecially the ambient music =D
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

super mario bros. x is a pc-port of mario 1-3 + 2 other games. i think its the best jump 'n run i've played so far.
it also mixes in elements of metroid games and has a 2 player mode (simultanously) and an editor.

Download: Super Mario Bros. X - The Invasion 2

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

i just found this n64 game at my parents place:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldenEye_007
of course i brought my old n64, too ;)

Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

aantipop wrote:
i just found this n64 game at my parents place:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldenEye_007
of course i brought my old n64, too ;)

omg... i loved goldeneye on the n64...
aanti
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

yeah! i only need a bigger TV, and another controller :) + mario card 64 + turok 2 ... but i got the 8mb ram expansion and a memcard \O/

but i should be happy with that for now ;)

Elite Haxor!
Elite Haxor!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

i gotta test that super mario bros. x someday - looks fun :)

kernel_panic
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

It doesn't work in wine...and it's slow on a virtual machine...but mine is an old computer.

PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

kernel_panic wrote:
It doesn't work in wine...and it's slow on a virtual machine...but mine is an old computer.
same here, but I got it to run the welcome-screen and menue by grabbing the "msvbvm60.dll" from microsoft.support and putting it in my "~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32"

I extracted the "msvbvm60.dll" from a file called vbrun60sp6.exe which I extracted from a file called "VB6.0-KB290887-X86.exe" which I got from here: anonym.to/?http://supp.../kb/290887

which is all I got :(

JockeTF
Furver Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What games do you guys and girls play? Reply with quote

Minecraft!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: