the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm9
Players: 3 / 18
The golden pot › DEV › Maps, Models and Mods › Redo OA?
Redo OA?
There are worlds waiting to be explored and objects to be made. Enjoy.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMaps, Models and Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a_clown
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

If its just cleanup i agree and everything is fine! :) We need cleanup and ive never expected quick changes of the content ...
But the discuss. above looks like you want to build an minimal OA-distro and not more.

Quote::
NP, even leilol could not really piss me off. But it was a good try nonetheless...

I really hope it was not a good try ^^

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

rapidshare? any direct links yet as I can not get that file?

a_clown.. A new game with all these fetatures would take 100's hours of work by experienced coders. The best I could expect was being able to run a mininal paclage and a mod to support such extra features. Not ideal I know, but serious coders and looked at OA... and laughed.
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Does that version include the default OA sounds?

I fucking hope not.

Please see joki's/etc comments regarding the OA sounds. I can replace these in an hour or two.
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Megagun wrote:
Just posting here to say that I'd be willing to help with this project.

Some of my thoughts, including my own 57MB distribution of OA (called 'UnnamedArena' due to lack of a better working title) can be found here: openarena.ws/board/ind...pic=2761.0

Meanwhile, I've also been working on some other stuff, such as a modification of the 'Ironsnout x10k' playermodel from Sauerbraten (which is now licensed under CC-by-nc: www.cubeengine.com/for..._id=2080). Downloads are in mooses.nl/sauer/visor/ screenshot mooses.nl/sauer/visor/...arison.jpg (my 'Visor' modification can be seen on the left in that screenshot; the original ironsnout x10k playermodels are on the right for comparison).. The model is in md5 format, and I've tried to port it over to the Quake 3 engine, but unfortunately haven't succeeded yet (damn Blender md3 import/exporting plugins are all rather wonky). Keep in mind though that I'm no modeller or animator AT ALL, and don't really know a lot about the Quake 3 engine (and history) either.

Yes I remember this :D I was suprised at the size of the package. Didn't you supply a demo vid or something? I searched back for refernces weeks later but could not find it :(
a_clown
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Then i will work 1000's of hours to replace an experienced coder, and i hope there will be others too.

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

:) I would too. If I knew what I was doing.
PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

I know what you're doing. trust me.
now get to work! :hihi:

SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Hmm, how about a scottish voice actress? Id love that! Humiliation! Shaite... :D

Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Hi,

Yesterday evening (night? I went to bed at 3 AM) I found out why the minimal distro was broken. It seems that integrating the Q3A replacement texture package is a bit more complicated than simply copying files to folders. :( I have remade the distro using a separate PK3 for the replacement texture pack and it seems to work again. Out of the 43 maps I tested only five had problems, and only two of those were unusable (weird HOM effects in the skybox).

I will soon make the new version available for download. However, I was requested to wait until I get and add chiquita's sound files. So please, be patient, it should not take more than one or two days. The good news is that because of this delay I will probably have enough time to add binaries for Linux servers, too. :)

Speaker

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Speaker wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday evening (night? I went to bed at 3 AM)

I would have stayed up to 4am.
SnooSnoo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Don't make this a bzz thread please! :)

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

No way was that a bzz.. it was an inspirational post. please stay on topic ;P
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Hey.. just got a great idea.. what about roaming animals and stuff in the background... a stampede of buffalo coming at you in dangercity :D
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

Speaker.. i hope your working hard right now on this, no slacking since you had an early night.

But do not sent out an alpha release if you were considering to.. just yet.

I have just been sent the lost announcer voices

drop.io/oaannounce/ass...e_download

You will find these will not work in their current form. I need to change the audio freq (i can batch convert) otherwise they will play veeeeerrrrrryy sllllooooowwwwwww in game.

I will also add pro-compression and a very short live ambienced reverb.
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Redo OA? Reply with quote

.... like.... tomorrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Maps, Models and Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: