the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm13
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › The First OpenArena Aimbot
The First OpenArena Aimbot
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrosBedo
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

Today is a sad day. Most of you already know that I've already seen an OpenArena aimbot + wallhack a long time ago, but it was in a private game. The first public appearance OpenArena happened today at 15h30 CET on Tuxfamily CTF server.

We are investigating furthermore to find more informations about the hack which has been used. If you have more informations or some thoughts about the subject, feel free to post here or in the superbots thread.

Edited by Jocke: Links removed.

Edited by GrosBedo: I restore link because this is plainly censorship, truth and knowledge must not be reserved to an elite:

superbots.co.cc

And I hope you removed it because you believe in your rules, not because there is a link to our website...

Edited by JockeTF once again. There, I kept the link to the site.

Edit by GrosBedo : Fair enough.

Last edited by GrosBedo on Tue May 05, 2009 1:19 am; edited 3 times in total
PopeJo
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

scheisse :(

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

GrosBedo wrote:

... We are investigating furthermore to find more informations about the hack which has been used ...

lol ... so obvious aimbot , but I don't think it's specific for OA and neither a new one since I've seen other ones like this working in Q3 and in Urban Terror.

Edit : but it should have not also wallahck functionality because if u watch the pulctf1 demo with r_shownormals 1 , u can see that the crosshair goes over the enemy _ONLY_ when the enemy is visible .
JockeTF
Furver Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

I didn't watch the demo but if this really is an aimbot I doubt it is the first time someone has used one in a public game in OpenArena. Anyway...

http://rainbow.furver.se/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=8046#8046

That applies to everyone even if anyone is sure that a player is using an aimbot.

jackthompson
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

youhavetohidebehindcorners harder

good practice
GrosBedo
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

Falkland wrote:
lol ... so obvious aimbot , but I don't think it's specific for OA and neither a new one since I've seen other ones like this working in Q3 and in Urban Terror.

Q3 hasn't exactly the same engine nor Urban Terror as OpenArena, but indeed, it's not far from these.

Falkland wrote:
Edit : but it should have not also wallahck functionality because if u watch the pulctf1 demo with r_shownormals 1 , u can see that the crosshair goes over the enemy _ONLY_ when the enemy is visible .

Some good aimbots give the option to only aim at the enemy when it is normally visible, even if you can see him through the walls.

JockeTF wrote:
I didn't watch the demo but if this really is an aimbot I doubt it is the first time someone has used one in a public game in OpenArena. Anyway...

Um... I think you didn't understand my goal. First, this didn't happen on one of your servers, so this doesn't directly concern you, so you can almost do nothing but ban him from your servers, which isn't a long-term solution.

Secondly, if I reported this case, it is primarily to show off an obvious cheating case. Read my other posts, and you notice that Im always against any cheating accusation. But here, it is simply true, you can't say otherwise, and that is a good example of a true cheat : the aim of an aimbot is way different than a human player. So stop whining everytime you see someone with a good aim or smart strategy, because THAT is what a real aimbot looks like.

Thirdly, this is to warn off everyone that we now attained a new era for our gaming community : the game is now popular enough to attract hackers (and not only cheaters : hackers are the ones making cheats while cheaters only use them). Luckily, I had the confirmation that this hack is private, made from nothing (it's not a derivative from another hack for another game), so there's no plague right now, but in the future there can be.

Anyway as I already told several times before, an aimbot is not unbeatable, and typically hackers making these don't have the time to play so even if they get an unfair advantage, they still have a disadvantage against an experienced player. But when this kind of cheat will be made public and some experienced players will get the hand over it, that it will be very dangerous.

So I think that for the moment there's no real danger, but we should begin to think about some ways to circumvent this kind of cheats in the future.

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

GrosBedo wrote:

Q3 hasn't exactly the same engine nor Urban Terror as OpenArena, but indeed, it's not far from these.

Well , try to extract sources of q3-1.32b , ioquake3 , openarena and Urban terror and try to make a diff between the "different" engines ... u will discover some interesting things about these "differences" .

GrosBedo wrote:

Some good aimbots give the option to only aim at the enemy when it is normally visible, even if you can see him through the walls.

I meant that if u watch the demo with r_shownormals 1 , u can clearly see that it doesn't follow enemy through walls ... so or it has not wallhack functionality or simply it had not the wallhack active.

GrosBedo wrote:

THAT is what a real aimbot looks like.

That is how a "rude" aimbot looks like ... with some aimbots aiming vectors can be tuned for the different weapons ( eg while using rockets which is not an insta weapon and it has a limited speed , it has no sense tuning the aim over the enemy head ... give a try to rat cpma bot at level 100 to see where it aims when launching a rocket ) or it can be tuned the percentage of miss hits so the aimbot to not look like as it is.

GrosBedo wrote:

But when this kind of cheat will be made public ...

Since the introduction of punkbuster , cheats are made to not be public essentially because pb works as an antivirus and it needs a mark ( a string , a cvar , an executable name ... etc ) to recognize the cheat ... so since all q3 and mostly commercial q3 derivative games has punkbuster support , it's not convenient for a hacker to make a full public cheat ; games like openarena are indeed perfect for making tests.

GrosBedo wrote:

....and some experienced players will get the hand over it, that it will be very dangerous.

Too late
JockeTF
Furver Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

GrosBedo wrote:
Um... I think you didn't understand my goal. First, this didn't happen on one of your servers, so this doesn't directly concern you, so you can almost do nothing but ban him from your servers, which isn't a long-term solution.

It does when you post it on the Rainbow community's forums. The rule is there because cheat accusations became a problem here and nothing else.

aanti
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

there was a demo around in /v/ forums a long time ago, showing an UrT aimbot in oa..
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

I don't know what the big fuzz is about. I haven't seen a botter yet in OA, but i'm sure there are bots out, since it shouldn't be too hard to make "generic" openGL-bots that work on multiple of games I suppose. I must agree thou, the demo had its funny moments: He hit more MG from that range, than you might think its even possible, due to the "scattering" of the MG from big range. Same experience when using /devmap q3dm17 /addbot Xaero 5 /bot_thinktime 0 /bot_challenge 1 /bot_nochat 1 /sv_fps 80 /say BASH ME!! But its so obvious, that it should be easy to get rid of the cheaters.

And about the RL-prediction: I remember a well-known bot/multi cheat that was initially made for CS and then ported to Q3 that did that. From any given range you hit 100% direct rockets/plasma, if the enemy didnt not change his moving direction between the point when the bot shoot the rocket and the time it arrived at his point.

Anyways: Just do the quick calculations in your head:

It also gives me another opportunity to post THIS for the 5th time: \:D/

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

aantipop wrote:
there was a demo around in /v/ forums a long time ago, showing an UrT aimbot in oa..

Yes .... but it is a voluntary - by the player that recorded it - cutted demo ( the original was longer ) and there was also a second one ... it was recorded in OA080 + NoGhost ... After I've posted both in an ancient post here , the author removed them from the own homepage while I had already downloaded them before. After a bit of time the first one reappered as cutted on the V forum ... If u want to see them just pm me.
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

Joki wrote:

Anyways: Just do the quick calculations in your head:

Ehm ... rockets' speed is 900 ups :D

Joki wrote:

It also gives me another opportunity to post THIS for the 5th time: \:D/

Hit the enemy on the "trampoline" -> "airocket" him -> full fun :D

I've done my best one in aggressor against Henna Jaze ... hitted him ( her ? ) on trampoline when it was on plasma gun -> he went in air versus the opposite side ( over the 25 health ball on the first stairs ramp ) -> "rocketaired" him while falling in that position :D ... But I didn''t record a demo :( ...

Last edited by Falkland on Mon May 04, 2009 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

Falkland wrote:

Ehm ... rockets' speed is 900 ups :D

Yup, now rockets speed is 900 ups in vq3, 1000 ups in cpm. But i made the imagine in 2001 or something when rockets were a lot slower. And back then the world was less industrialized. People were sitting on their veranda drinking single malt whisky and growing potatoes on their farms. It was a slower and quieter time.

Falkland wrote:

But I didn''t record a demo :( ...

THEN IT NEVER HAPPENDED!! BUWHAWHAHAHAH!!!!1 :grr: :O) :omg: :blarg:

Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

Joki wrote:
THEN IT NEVER HAPPENDED!! BUWHAWHAHAHAH!!!!1 :grr: :O) :omg: :blarg:

Yeah , it happened man ... it happened ... *sigh* ... but this is a lesson for me to get my finger ready to push that fucking key already binded to record demos.

BTW .... I've watched those quake3/OSP demos about the magnetic shaft of that biox-something clan member ... it's visible also at normal timescale that the shaft is suspected. Anyway for me playing the demos worked also under CPMA mod.

Last edited by Falkland on Mon May 04, 2009 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The First OpenArena Aimbot Reply with quote

For those of you who are wondering what demos falky is talking about, you can find them here. This is a repost, ignore it if you have seen it before. :P (Requires Q3 1.32 + OSP)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: