the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: q3dm6
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Tech & Support › pak8-compat & rocket explosion frame
pak8-compat & rocket explosion frame
Something wrong with our servers or your system?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTech & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guix2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: pak8-compat & rocket explosion frame Reply with quote

Hi,

The RN servers makes me download pak8-compat.pk3 and a frame is missing for the rocket explosion, so a square now appears at the end of the explosion. Do you have this too ?

When I delete the .pk3 everything is OK again but I can't play on the servers without downloading it again.

W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: pak8-compat & rocket explosion frame Reply with quote

I thought this would have been fixed now since the pak8 has been removed, we'll look in to it again..

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
[sXe]
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: pak8-compat & rocket explosion frame Reply with quote

pak8-compat, wot is it for?

W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: pak8-compat & rocket explosion frame Reply with quote

[sXe wrote:
"]pak8-compat, wot is it for?
It made cel-shading of missing textures in OA, so instead of the hideous grey/white base you would have textures instead, The solution wasn't good however so it should already have been removed from the servers.

[edit: spoken to Jack and the pak8 is still on the defrag CPM run server since many missing textures comes to life there through that pak but it will shortly be removed from there also ( and we'll get our grey/white boxes back ).]

guix2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: pak8-compat & rocket explosion frame Reply with quote

Thank you, I just wanted to know if I had a problem with my install. I'm not sure I don't have, because everything was OK until I begun to change my q3config.cfg, now I reverted to the original but still having this issue.

The square doesn't bother me too much so don't worry. I note that in local games with defrag, I also have a lot of missing frames even with pak8-compat deleted so it's the defrag module which is not 100% compatible with OA.

I wondered too, is the pak8-compat content compatible with GPL ? It would be nice to have these shaders (and the missing rocket frame) in base OA.

W1ZrD
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: pak8-compat & rocket explosion frame Reply with quote

Defrag and OA aren't fully compatible since many textures are missing, so that's an issue that's being worked on.

As for GPL legality for the pak8 I'll leave that for Jack, he would know how it was made and I don't want to say since I don't know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Tech & Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: