the Rainbow Networks
RN|VQ3 DEFRAG
Map: si
Players: 0 / 18

+++eXy FFA
Map: hektik
Players: 2 / 18
The golden pot › RAINBOW NETWORKS › Main › The Q3 Replacement texture contributions
The Q3 Replacement texture contributions
"There is only only problem, there isnt a General Crap section, that is my home. :)

I shall use Main for now. Main what? Main crap?"

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

Ok, so most of the replacement q3 textures are complete, these include things like map objects.

The only thing lacking is a bit of original and artistic content (due to alot of duplication)... so if anyone wants to have a go at including some decoration then here's your chance :D

There are no strict rules but it must not be obsene.. you know.. things like big tits and stuff, but I will accept logos such as 'RN'.. since it's part of the contribution. It must also be GPL approved (and I'm not sure how to define that - except it must be original/free and permission is granted).

Alot of these details will glow on lightmap mode and I will add other images if there's any interest.

The first one is simple, a circular decorative item, just fill the black area with something funky. :D

block.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.89 KB
 Viewed:  7208 Time(s)

block.jpg

Joki
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

So what about perky, sma er... I meant.... :mph:
Wow, you are finished? Thats kinda spiffy! Where did you get the textures from, you compared every Q3-texture that didnt exist in OA with freeware-textures? I hope you get enough contributions with that. And there won't bee too many alpaca-pictures.

Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

Yes. More or less, me and Speaker done most of them. You probably have the pak (it's about 20mb or so). People should put this is baseoa otherwise it means you will need to download it for each mod (i know corkscrew and osp use it).

The current pak covers most of the common replacements (z-gpl-q3a2oa-textures-v5.pk3). Since then alot more have been done, so the next release wont be for while. Things that are missing are patterns missing from floors/walls etc.. like the pentagon in the courtyard of q3dm6. These arent very noticable but if I get some good contributions I could use these in different images, so they don't exactly need to be for one individual area.

The replacment textures came mostly from Nexuiz, which are GPL based textures... there are tons of them but after searching for an link i found some of the evil lair ones here

hfx.planetquake.gamesp...tures.html
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

I should have added that any additional textures used I will send a link to the recent pak. I use this on defrag but keep it away from baseoa otherwise I will be forced to download the older pak on pure servers.

I've added a couple of images of an example of how the circular images may look, and alse the glow replacement for the pentagram on dm6 (which is pretty basic).

These maps may of course not be available on OA, but alot of remix maps will.. and there's certainly no shortage of them :)

dm09_2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132 KB
 Viewed:  7176 Time(s)

dm09_2.jpg

dm6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.28 KB
 Viewed:  7176 Time(s)

dm6.jpg

soder
Furver Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is useful, but here is my cat. :)

agaton.jpg
 Description:
Agaton
GPL Version 2 or later.
 Filesize:  64.81 KB
 Viewed:  7171 Time(s)

agaton.jpg

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

That's perfectly acceptable :)

I can touch them up and they may not necessarily end up on the same image. For example a much darker image with pulsating eyes might fit nicely somewhere :D
soder
Furver Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

Excellent! :) Here's a .psd in case anyone wants it.
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

and a featured ss of q3dm1 :D

soderskittykat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.34 KB
 Viewed:  7156 Time(s)

soderskittykat.jpg

JockeTF
Furver Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

Awesome! :D

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

JockeTF wrote:
Awesome! :D

But I'm sorry :( I can't make it too cute.. and it has to fit into the surroundings... so agaton will look more like this...

(also symmetrical image work much better, but I can take care of all of this)

agaton.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.92 KB
 Viewed:  7145 Time(s)

agaton.jpg

Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:

there are tons of them but after searching for an link i found some of the evil lair ones here

Ehm ... but these are copyrighted : u can see it if u follow the link to the new website :

h t t p : / /www(dot)evillair(dot)net/v2/?option=com_remository

No mention to GPL.

Quote::

Quake 3 and Quake 4 game textures.
These texture are copyrighted and cannot be used in any commercial game.
If you'd like to use these textures in a commercial game please contact me for contract details.
Falkland
Übergod
Übergod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

chiquita wrote:

These maps may of course not be available on OA ...

q3a.ath.cx/?map&au...amp;page=0

dc-mappack contains most of the Q3A and Team Arena maps included in baseq3/pak0 and missionpack/pak0 : q3a.ath.cx/?map&au...amp;page=1

Last edited by Falkland on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

oh cool.. i must check this stuff :O

the OA people put the fear of death when you mention anything q3 releated thats not OA.. yet seem to enjoy the benefits when it suits them to please the q3 players.

thank you
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

Falkland wrote:
chiquita wrote:

there are tons of them but after searching for an link i found some of the evil lair ones here

Ehm ... but these are copyrighted : u can see it if u follow the link to the new website :

h t t p : / /www(dot)evillair(dot)net/v2/?option=com_remository

No mention to GPL.

Quote::

Quake 3 and Quake 4 game textures.
These texture are copyrighted and cannot be used in any commercial game.
If you'd like to use these textures in a commercial game please contact me for contract details.

yea.. but i got them from nexuiz and its the same creator that done them. I found shit loads of them among the OA textures. In fact, I dont think I found many/if any original OA textures at all.. and if i did.. i had to redo them. Evil Lairs textures are awesome though

I only used textures within Nexuiz... as I assume OA did.
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: The Q3 Replacement texture contributions Reply with quote

in fact.. fuck gpl.. do not mention it in my threads again or GTFO!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: