the Rainbow Networks
+++eXy FFA
Map: nodm13
Players: 2 / 18
Welcome!

We are a group of players, admins and mappers who run FPS game servers.

This is our forum :grin: . Register for free if you haven't already.

You can reach us on IRC: irc.freenode.net #rainbow

Posted on Monday, April 14

Performance issues
Something wrong with our servers or your system?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexTech & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Performance issues Reply with quote

Got issues with delag, fps, high detailed textures?

No matter what hardware you have, you will have performance based and optimum settings. Graphics cards also tend to mislead people as they are likley to be more complex and don't really give you advantage. All the maps and images are loaded before starting so any problems will likely to be config based.

This info may help, the config tweaks in the file section may save you time.

rocketland.planetquake...edq3.shtml

Some people seem to be confused between delag correction but if you have problems with aim then you will be wasting your time messing with any network based settings - unless you are already using basic display settings.

To confirm, just up the splash radius and most times people will say right away their network is much better :D Sometimes truth hurts and there are other fixes that just makes everyone happy :D

The model textures on OA compared to default team models also affect accuracy. This doesnt necessarily mean the models dont work correctly or they are poorly designed (although i dont see the point of have seperate files for eye colors - wtf). It's all about performance vs quality again :D

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Performance issues Reply with quote

Sry madam but nowadays this article doesn't offer any proper arguments for novice quakers. Why?

- Most PC users got a decent LCD Screen with native resolution (640x480 - 800x600 too low, no way)
- The technical stuff is issued for gaming hardware in 2002/03 (even the network settings for the early adsl time...sigh!)

So to which users does this article claim on? Nor to newbies nor to ambitious (pro)gamers...bcuz nothing mentioned of picmip! (concerning the visible advantages might given)

Well ok we appreciate it for your helping hand but next time I admit you that I'm wrong... ;)

chiquita
Alpacas Approved
Alpacas Approved

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Performance issues Reply with quote

Sorry, I didnt even think of the actual game or mod being played.

The best thing about that article is that the basics and most important notes are exactly the same as now. The same rules apply and I noticed a couple of things which I know has a big impact on performance.

Well I hear that maxpackets seems to be a major issue, and I am probably guilty of suggesting it, but I would not normally play on servers which does not have 125 calculated movement. Even on xonexfer you are unlikely to have any issues unless there is a big ping difference, since it is network calculations, but is very accurate.

The only players who will notice it affects them is peope who already have a perfect network and fps to match. They will have much less advantage, but higher ping players will certainly notice the difference. I would prefer to be playing players who have the same chance as me. Maybe the other players are getting better results, and you are playing as you normally do.

You are using pm skins right and not OA models? :D

does anyone have this? puma.chezurn.com/index...age=thanks

i tried quake shit but always end up looking at some other thing.. and also outdated :) www.quakeshit.com/listfiles.php

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Tech & Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: